Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: WTF is wrong with Philly?

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    +1 I couldn't agree more. Well said. Glad to see Philly lost 2 important players because of their BS temper tantrum.
    I'm a Flyers fan to the core but must keep it real - the Flyers got what they deserved last night. They were outclassed in every facet of the game. Holmgren and Berube should both be fired this afternoon and at least a handful of players traded.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    I'm probably biased because I'm a Holtby owner, but after watching the video again of Emery basically assaulting Holtby and the idiot ref (who should be FIRED by the way) who let it all happen and even went further by waving people off who were trying to help while Emery was pummeling the back of Holtby's defenseless head.... it just makes my blood boil.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...-philadelphia/

Here are some of the flyer's quotes after the game:

“He didn’t want to fight and I basically said, ‘Protect yourself,’” Emery said. “He didn’t really have much of a choice.”
    In the real world... wouldn't that be called ASSAULT?!?!?

“When you’re getting slapped around like that it’s a response,” Flyers General Manager Paul Holmgren said. “Do I have an issue with it? Probably not. It’s a response.”
    That about says it all... this guy is such a ****ing classless moron.

I think above all though, what was most embarrassing is how the Caps all handled this... from the players to the front office they looked like pussies to a man. They lost every single fight and showed no spirit. How the HELL do they let someone assault their goalie like that and not step in? In Toronto, during a PRESEASON game you had Clarkson jumping the boards to defend Kessel for MUCH less. What a joke... way to solidify your reputation as one of the softest teams in the league.

The only thing Oates could offer up after the game was this pathetically weak sound byte:
    “There was a referee there, I’m not sure what his guidelines are in terms of should he help out there because there are other altercations going on,” Oates said. “I really shouldn’t comment on that until we get word from the league.”

What an embarrassment... man up and stick up for your players. Ugh... I'm so pissed!
    I'll have to watch the video and everything again, but I was talking to someone last night about it and he was saying that Carlson was freaking about the Emery/Holtby shit, but his teammates and linemen were looking at different fights going on, and apparently the coaching staff held Backstrom from jumping onto the ice and stopping it. And as much as I would have liked for either of them to jump in and stop that absolute joke of a "fight", I don't think the team would do well without either of them for 10 games. :\
    ZFHL
    ------------
    Ovechkin-Couture-Kovalchuk
    Benn-Ott-Eriksson
    Halischuk-Berglund-S.Thornton
    Bowman-Legwand-Mitchell
    Faulk-Orlov
    Martin-Y.Weber
    Wilson-Smid
    Niemi

Butler,Horak,Nodl,Omark,Bartulis, Carson,Demers,Staios,Garon,Schneider

PROSPECTS
    Nyquist,Bennett,Guptill,Haula,Knight, Kristo,Ranford,Rieder,Sundher,Barberio
    Dumoulin,Deslauriers,Janosik,Klefbom
    Ness,Sproul,Vatanen,Poulin

Dobber Sports Ace

1. the owner is a piece of garbage, he spews venom like their isnt a culture issue when laviollete(sp) was let go, but what culture? a culture of losing? unless you win the cup repeatedly you dont have a winning culture, period, no and, ifs or buts about, case closed

2. holmgren isnt a proper NHL GM, he dosent know how to properly build a NHL team, fire him now

3. berube is not an NHL coach so show him the door and bring in somebody with a brain and some credability

4. the defence is paper thin, the goaltending is average and their is no leadership whatsoever.

5. too many of the same kinds of players so time for some trades. giroux, voracek, couture are no-gos but virtually everyone else should be up for sale if the deal makes sense

what a shame for such a great hockey market
    Last edited by oasiswings1; November 2, 2013 at 3:55 PM.
    Datsyuk, Getzlaf, Kesler(IR), RNH
    Wheeler, Franzen, Gagner
    Parise, Benn, Tanguay, Cammalleri
    Pieterangelo, Enstrom(IR),
    Howard, Hiller, Kipper(IR)

12 team H2H, positional requirements, G, A, PPP, PIM, Plus/Minus, GWG, SO, Wins, GAA and Save%.
    1 Year League

Dobber Sports Wizard

You know it's bad when Steve freaking Mason is your team's only bright spot.

Seriously the Flyers would be 0-14 or whatever without him.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Tony DeNiro View Post
    You know it's bad when Steve freaking Mason is your team's only bright spot.

Seriously the Flyers would be 0-14 or whatever without him.
    Indeed. Mason has been our best player since day one.
    8-GM / WK-H2H

(F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
    Better than I am getting out of Neil, Bondon.

So out of curiousity in that one year league, what would it take to get Giroux from you right now?
    Quite frankly, I'm way too stubborn and I refuse to ship him out for less than what I feel would be fair value if he was producing at a point/game clip.

I'd rather sink with the ship than risk having him tear it up on somebody else's squad.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by oasiswings1 View Post
    1. the owner is a piece of garbage, he spews venom like their isnt a culture issue when laviollete(sp) was let go, but what culture? a culture of losing? unless you win the cup repeatedly you dont have a winning culture, period, no and, ifs or buts about, case closed
    I guess that means that no NHL team has a winning culture?

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    I guess that means that no NHL team has a winning culture?
    yah, how can you have a winning culture when you dont win?

i have a millionaires culture i suppose then
    Datsyuk, Getzlaf, Kesler(IR), RNH
    Wheeler, Franzen, Gagner
    Parise, Benn, Tanguay, Cammalleri
    Pieterangelo, Enstrom(IR),
    Howard, Hiller, Kipper(IR)

12 team H2H, positional requirements, G, A, PPP, PIM, Plus/Minus, GWG, SO, Wins, GAA and Save%.
    1 Year League

I am late to this discussion, but allow me to state without hesitation....Emery is a chump. First, Emery's post game talkin' tough interview in which he snickered while recounting how he informed Holtby to protect himself - in anticipation of an ass whooping. Then during the brawl...how many times did Emery punch Holtby in the back of the head? Answer: as many times as Holtby kept getting back up for more.

Truth is, Emery couldn't knock Holtby down or out. He just kept getting back up and re-engaging Emery. So Emery's not really that tough. At least not nearly as tough as he keeps telling himself. Effin hump...
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Icon

first off Ray Emery whoppin reminds me of when Mel Bridgemen of the broad street bullies did the same thing to Borjie Salming. Horrible.

I also hear people blaming that referee. But really what could have he done any different? One guy? Maybe he shouldve stood in there and took a punch from Emery. maybe then Emery would have been banned for life.

Dobber Sports Stud

14 save shutout by Emery tonight. Knowing the flyers, they'll probably use this to feature a protracted goaltending controversy despite Mason being far better overall.
    I am a die-hard Avalanche fan!
    PARTIAL DYNASTY (Keep 20 from year to year)
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G every night

G ,A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    Wins, Saves, SV%, GAA, SO

C-Eichel, Marner (RW), Matthews
    L- Skinner, Pacioretty, Vanek, Perlini, Palat
    R- Hoffman, Byron, Tuch, Kerfoot, Sprong
    D- Ekblad, Gostisbehere, Rielly, Borowiecki, Montour, Girard, Orpik, Schenn
    G-Fleury, Rask, Brossoit, Saros, Kuemper, Appleby

Dobber Sports Veteran

Where's the damn offense?
    Head to Head League: 1 point for G, 1 point for A. 2 for Goalie win, 3 for SO.
    Start 6 guys every week. 3 O, 2 D and 1G. No substitutions once they are in (before the first game starts on Monday).
    Protect 3 players every year in keeper.
    10 rounds of drafting
    F: Crosby, Point, P. Kane, JVR, Kopitar, Rakell, Tarasenko,
    D: Letang, Doughty, Karlsson, Grzelcyk, Faulk,
    G: Bob, Shesterkin, Demko, Kahkonen

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by baumer View Post
    Where's the damn offense?
    Not sure but it's ugly right now... and Giroux is killing me.
    8-GM / WK-H2H

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by sparrowtrini View Post
    first off Ray Emery whoppin reminds me of when Mel Bridgemen of the broad street bullies did the same thing to Borjie Salming. Horrible.

I also hear people blaming that referee. But really what could have he done any different? One guy? Maybe he shouldve stood in there and took a punch from Emery. maybe then Emery would have been banned for life.
    Next time Holtby should listen to the wise words of Bobby Lu:

Strombone ‏@strombone1 1 Nov
    Just an FYI. If Ray Emery ever decides to skate down the ice and try to fight me I'm getting the f*ck out of dodge!!!
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril