Thread: Yak value?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Yak value?

Count me in the (what i expect to be a minority) group that doesn't buy all the upside of yak, so I think I'm going to start shopping him as soon as he puts together a nice 2-3 game stretch. is pacioretty straight up for him a fair deal?

14 team limited keeper (10 keep, 23 man roster - 12F, 6D, 2G, 5BN)
    G/A/STP/PIM/SOG/+-/HIT/BLK

I think I have one of the better (top 4) teams in the league, and figure I'll be competitive for the next few years for sure. my list of potential keepers are:
    Malkin, Ovie, Ryan, M.Richards, Yak, Barkov, Nichushkin, Boedker, Okposo, Little
    Subban, OEL, Carslon
    Price, Fleury

Dobber Sports Superstar

I think I'd be shopping him if I owned him.

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Pro

If I were to deal Yakupov in a keeper I'd want someone who produces more than Pacioretty, preferably a non-injury prone player. Don't get me wrong I like Pacioretty a lot and I think he could be a good buy low in most leagues right now...but not for Yakupov. If I couldn't get more than MaxPac for Yak, I'd simply hold onto Yak. And I'm not a big believer in Yak either.

Hope this helps.

Dobber Sports Pro

I got dinged on another thread last week when I called MaxPac a BAB, but he is just that and I would not give up Yak for him alone. If you need Yak to produce for you this year then I would shop him, but for much more than Pac. If you have room to stash him away I would hold on to him. I tried to get Yak in a package for Malkin but the deal fell through. I am in a rebuild this season though so it depends on your situation.