Thread: Kronwall for Hall

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Kronwall for Hall

In the league described below, I'm currently in he middle of the pack. Hall's owner has declared himself 'all-in' to win this year, and has 4 injured players (2 IR spots). I'm wondering how I should approach pursuing Hall. I'm considering offering Kronwall. This owner is well behind on DEF, but owns Letang and just acquired Byfuglien. I should also point out that our league has side pots for winning certain categories - PTS, PIM, DEF, and best combined goalie stats. As you can see, goalies and D are premium positions in my league as they are worth money. It's an interesting dynamic my league has adapted. Would I be overpaying for an oft-injured forward by offering up a top-10 player at a money position?

My other option would be offering up Boedker and maybe one of my productive veterans like Selanne or Vinny, or maybe one of Johansson or Arcobello. This GM is G, SOG heavy and thin on assists. Do you think any of this could be enough to land him while it's early in the 4 week timetable?

What so you guys generally think of Hall? Or what kind of forward do you think I should be able to pursue for a guy like Kronwall, when factoring the dynamic of my league.

All input appreciated. Thanks everybody
    13 team roto keeper. Keep 15
    22 roster spots, 4 goalies max, 2 IR. Start 9F, 5D, 2 UTIL, 2 G
    Stat categories
    #-side pot prize for winning category
    Skating: G, A, HITS, SOG, PPP, PIM(#), DEF(#)
    Goalies(#): W, SO, GAA, SV%

F
    P Kane, Giroux, Toffoli, Palmieri, Ehlers, Zuccarello, Brouwer, Gallagher, Kunitz, Turris, Roussel, Atkinson
    D
    Karlsson, Letang, Niskanen, Faulk Provorov, Borowiecki, Gudas, Pulock
    G
    Rask, Allen, Gibson

Dobber Sports Initiate

It's hard to say with that structure, but there's no way I'm trading Hall for Kronwall or Boedker + an aging vet. Hall had 50 points last year. If you can swing it, then definitely swing it.

2010, 2014, & 2024 WJC Pool Champion, 2020 Runner-Up

Dobber Sports Veteran

Hall is easily a top 10 forward. He's a million times more valuable in a keeper format than Kronwall.

The Great One

You can make either of those offers, but I supect they will be declined right away. And I'm not sure they are even good enough to get a counter offer.

Maybe you should just ask him what it would take to get Hall. Let him look at your roster and name a price. If it's not insane, try to talk him down to something you can live with.

Good luck.