Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Dobber Forums League: League Chat

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default The Dobber Forums League: League Chat

I just realized we should have a "league thread".

Finally I think I figured out this league.
    Made several changes last night and got HUGE outings from Stamkos/MSL/Rask/Hutton.
    This morning, I'm up to 2nd/48 teams in our Dobber Forums league and a "World Rank" of 44.
    Currently rostering a bunch of scrubs + Crosby, Stamkos, Malkin, MSL, Rask.

Look out!
    I'm on fire!!!

I went with Hutton as well!

Wondering how much we can realistically increase our salary cap by - if investing in lower players only to gain .01 - .05 in cap space puts us 5-10 DPTS back a night - maybe rostering an all star team with the salary we currently have would be better in the long run?

Currently I have: Crosby,MSL,Ovi,Luongo,Grabovski,Galchenyuk and scrubs

Dobber Sports Initiate

I don't really think it's my thing, honestly. Concept is interesting, but in practice I don't find it all that exciting.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I started dropping players to make some changes, forgot that there was a weekly limit of moves, and then after one addition it wouldn't let me add any more. I thought for some reason that all of my players had then been dropped from my roster and was totally confused. Turns out that nothing happened, perhaps when I closed the browser in frustration.

I have made 0 moves and am still middle of the pack in my group. Very strange.

I think the league is a love it or hate it thing. Doesn't work for me but some folks seem to really have figured it out.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I forgot to note that this morning... I went to sell Crosby/Malkin & a few others that play only once in the next 5 nights.

Looks like I "missed the rush", as Crosby was already down 0.15.

I call "Advantage-Euro" (meaning actual gamers) on this game.
    I think they are selling their players before I can get out of bed in the morning!!!

Dobber Sports Recruit

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    I forgot to note that this morning... I went to sell Crosby/Malkin & a few others that play only once in the next 5 nights.

Looks like I "missed the rush", as Crosby was already down 0.15.

I call "Advantage-Euro" (meaning actual gamers) on this game.
    I think they are selling their players before I can get out of bed in the morning!!!
    There are no such advantage, because the price changes is calculated on each daily roster lock (around 3-4 AM ET). Roster lock is activated when the last game starts each night.

Also, all in all the North Americans are usually better overall in points and making money than the rest of the managers. At least this is how its been in the past.

Finally, one advantage you can capitalize on is to make quick goalie changes precisely before face-off. Whos starting in goal can be somewhat tricky on some game days. The Euro-managers needs to stay awake at night to be able to do these kind of moves.
    Last edited by netmask; November 5, 2013 at 4:02 AM.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by netmask View Post
    There are no such advantage, because the price changes is calculated on each daily roster lock (around 3-4 AM ET). Roster lock is activated when the last game starts each night.

Also, all in all the North Americans are usually better overall in points and making money than the rest of the managers. At least this is how its been in the past.

Finally, one advantage you can capitalize on is to make quick goalie changes precisely before face-off. Whos starting in goal can be somewhat tricky on some game days. The Euro-managers needs to stay awake at night to be able to do these kind of moves.

Hm, OK... thanks for that clarification.
    So - can I swap a player out after his game night?

Most goalies are declared for their start after morning practice (10-12pm EST). Leftwinglock probably has 60%-75% of goalies linked by noon.

Dobber Sports Recruit

Yea, as you said most of them are known starters. There might also be some late schratches or day-to-day who gets to back into play.
    I have made late changes several times by just staying up late.

Anyway, the main objective is to make money at least until X-mas (or when you hit around 65-70 mil). Then you can surf your way into top 100...

Just follow green in the schedule and combine that with point streak players. But I guess you have figured that out...
    Lots of home games are also favorable if you are buying a goalie and the team is strong at home ice, but that kinda self exploratory (like Anaheim this coming week).

Dobber Sports Master

anaheims sked has been fantastic since the season started and its still looking good

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by netmask View Post
    Just follow green in the schedule
    ???
    I don't understand this part... green?

Dobber Sports Recruit

Green: The team has 3 or more games over the next four days or the team has 4 or more games over the next 7 days.
    Red: The team has 2 or fewer games over the next 7 days.

Check out the in-game schedule: http://www.dobbernomics.com/hockey/i...hp?rt=schedule

Dobber Sports Master

???
    I don't understand this part... green?
    under the help heading theres link to a schedule breakdown that uses color chart to help aid in discovering what teams have good chunk of games coming up etc.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Well... time for the first EVERYBODY SELL SELL SELL moment of the year.
    I'm off to go flip Stamkos/MSL for Crosby/+.

Good thing I have some trades left this week.

Dobber Sports Guru

Well... time for the first EVERYBODY SELL SELL SELL moment of the year.
    I'm off to go flip Stamkos/MSL for Crosby/+.

Good thing I have some trades left this week.
    The price difference, is that since yesterday? It seems weird that Stamkos is up 0.72 million.

I just got rid of the two of them, grabbed Crosby/Perry instead.

Interesting to note, is that with the stat categories, Eric Johnson is the 14th highest dman in points per game. At $1.38 million (and falling), that's excellent value.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    The price difference, is that since yesterday? It seems weird that Stamkos is up 0.72 million.
    I believe players "lock" once a game gets underway.
    So, once the TB/BOS game started, nobody could drop Stamkos for the remainder of the day.

When you look to "buy" a player, I think it shows their difference since the start of the season and I believe THAT is what the 0.72 reflects (up $0.72m from start of season).

Today is the "sell day".
    Tomorrow, anybody holding Stamkos will probably see some massive red decline in his value... which will hurt a team's overall value.

In summary:
    If somebody owns Stamkos, they'd better sell him today... or else they'll lose a ton of value. I dropped MSL too because I expect MSL owners to also be dropping him.