Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 2 months in, what does Team Canada look like?

Dobber Sports Pro

Spezza wont be there even if he has 85 pts in 60 games before Olympic break.

He is playing too soft like Mike Green was in 2010. Green had 60 pts in 57 games at the break in 2010 and still wanst on the team.....

I realy like Spezza as a player and he as amazing skills but he doenst compete hard enought and there is too many offensive players better than him so he doesnt have his place on top 6.

3rd and 4th line have other role than the one Spezza can play.

Other than that I like what habs83 said. Pretty solid group of player and I dont put too many other forwards in front of the one he said

Eberle is great but I dont think he will have his place in this one. I'll be there in 2018 for sure.
    Last edited by sharpp87; October 25, 2013 at 2:47 PM.
    6 teams dynasty pool,points only,no pos. for F, Keep All, 12F, 6D, 2G count.....backup=6F, 4D, 2G, 4 roster moves( 2 at 30th game and 2 at NHL deadline)
    F- , P. Kane,Eichel, DeBrincat, Kopitar, Wheeler, Kuznetsov, Point, Huberdeau, Verhaghe, Bergeron,Keller, Batherson, Schmaltz, W.Nylander, Buchnevich,Rantanen
    D- Makar, Gostisbehere, Carlson, Burns, Barrie, M. Rielly, Hronek, DeAngelo, KA Miller
    G- Vasilevskyi, Sorokin, Campbell, Markstrom
    Farm: Lundell, Guenther, Holtz, Glass, E. Svechnikov, Denisenko, Newhook, Heponiemi, Lauko,Neighbours, Bokk N. Foote, Borgstrom, Dahlen, Bokk, S. Poulin, Zelleweger, Liljegren, Heinola, Perunovich, S. Knight.

Banned

Compete and defensive play don't have anything to do with why Spezza won't be there. He's fine in both areas. He certainly competes harder and is better all-around than Giroux right now

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Couple things. If Giroux is playing the way he is right now around the Olympic break, he's not going, and you aren't thinking clearly if you think he is. It's a two week tournament, Team Canada brass isn't going to take a player because of pedigree and hope he can get it together over somebody who is playing great. There is too much skill to put on the team for that,

Secondly. Really dislike Bergeron and I don't have any logical reason for it. But dude is going to be on the team. He wasn't even playing great last Olympics and he was on the team last time, and his faceoffs and defensive play have improved substantially since then (and it was already pretty good). He's on the team.

For Nash and Hall to make this team they both have to A) Get healthy quickly and B) Go on a tear when they return. Hall especially, but they aren't making this team if they haven't been playing great and been healthy.

I don't see Spezza being there because I just don't think he is good enough based on the rest of the centers Canada has available, and I don't see him having the versatility to move to wing (such as Stamkos/Tavares/Giroux).

I think Benn is going to force his way on the team, and Duchene might as well. I think the perceived "attitude issues" (which to be clear, I think are garbage. Every 21 year old in the NHL parties a lot, it was just an easy scapegoat to make fans want to trade him) will keep Seguin off the team regardless of how well he is playing.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I also disagree with Peng, I don't think Toews will play center. He didn't last time and he won tournament MVP, so there isn't much argument to play him at center. It's not so much that he's "not as good as other center's" but rather that he has shown himself to be a highly effective player at transitioning to wing. Considering the number of centers you are going to have to be playing at a winger position and the effectiveness Toews has shown there, I don't know why you would mess with something that has already shown to work so well.

Dobber Sports Superstar

^^^^
    I agree with basically every single point you made. I have Giroux on there because I think he will pick it up shortly but if he has 10 points at the break, or more importantly annoucement date (When is the annoucement date by the way?) he won't go, he's not that much of a lock.

The last few spots are going to be very hard to pick. There are a lot of very skilled players who will be left home and it will come down to role playing, whose hot and most importantly gut feeling of the Team Canada GMs. Little things like Seguin's partying rumours could keep him at home.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Legend

I would be shocked if Giroux makes Team Canada this year. He has been brutal this season - it would be criminal to bump other players for him.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Why so many lists with slick stick rick?

He can stay at home this yr and unscramble his brains. Plzzzzz let duchene and kane make the team over him

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

St.Louis-Crosby-Stamkos
    Nash-Toews-E.Staal
    Duchene-Tavares-Giroux
    Benn-Getzlaf-Perry

Pietrangelo - Doughty
    Keith - Weber
    Subban - Letang

Price
    Luongo
    REIGNING CHAMPION
    15 Team Limited Keeper League (18 years)
    32 Roster Spots, Protect 17,<41 games played;auto-protected
    12 Forwards, 6 Defensemen, 2 Goalies
    MY TEAM (4 years)
    Forwards: Backstrom,Ovechkin,Kuznetsov,Forsberg,Tavares, Barkov,Huberdeau,Stamkos,Hall,J.Hockey,Dadonov,Carter,Perry,Kesler,Maroon
    Defense: Karlsson,Hedman,OEL,Klingberg,Krug,Byfuglien,Keith,Seabrook
    Goalies: Bobrovsky,Vasilevsky
    Prospects: Bokk,Hayton,Dobson,Blackwood,Comrie,Hogberg
    Scoring: G: 2 A: 1 +/-: 0.5 PIM: 0.2 W: 4 L: -1 SO:5 OTL: 1

Dobber Sports Ace

A dark-horse on Defense could be Garrison. Can play either side, very good defensively and has a bomb from the point.
    Data Science Intern, Pebble
    COO, Quidditch Post
    Associate Editor, Dobber Sports Network
    Hockey Operations Intern, UBC Thunderbirds

Top 100 Roto
    Dobber Prospects

Ask me your fantasy questions on Twitter: @austeane
    My main league:

H2H Each Cat - Yahoo - 14 teams - Real Cap Hit - 85m cap
    Start: 2C 2LW 2RW 4D 2U 2G 7B daily (21)
    Cats: G A +- PIM SOG PPG PPA SHP GWG FW HIT W
    GAA SV SV% SO
    Edler's Mind Tricks:
    C:, Lehtera, Plekanec, Kuznetsov, Komarov
    LW: Benn, Kreider, Roussel
    RW: Malkin, Yakupov, Nyquist
    D: Subban, Letang, Karlsson, Jones, Dillon, Deslauriers
    G: Bobrovsky, Lehner, Elliott
    JV: Sekac, Petan, Poirier, Vrana, Fleury, Sanheim, Galiev, 5th, 9th, 15th, 18th, 24th overall amateur picks

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by austeane View Post
    A dark-horse on Defense could be Garrison. Can play either side, very good defensively and has a bomb from the point.
    Wasn't Don Cherry saying Bieska is one of the best D-man in the league a little while ago?

(note: I am a Canucks fan and I firmly believe this is not true)
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Dobber Sports Initiate

Getzlaf and Perry shouldn't make the team. Too slow.
    Last edited by Username; October 27, 2013 at 8:50 AM.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Stamkos-Crosby-St.Louis
    Hall-Tavares-Giroux
    Couture-Toews-E.Staal
    M.Richards-Bergeron-Perry
    E.Kane-Duchene

Weber-Doughty
    Keith-Seabrook
    M.Staal-Pietrangelo
    Letang-Subban

Price
    Luongo
    Fleury (not sure about this spot yet)

2010, 2014, & 2024 WJC Pool Champion, 2020 Runner-Up

Dobber Sports Stud

I don't think Ward or even Fleury will make the third spot in net. Will likely be a dark horse.
    I am a die-hard Avalanche fan!
    PARTIAL DYNASTY (Keep 20 from year to year)
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G every night

G ,A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    Wins, Saves, SV%, GAA, SO

C-Eichel, Marner (RW), Matthews
    L- Skinner, Pacioretty, Vanek, Perlini, Palat
    R- Hoffman, Byron, Tuch, Kerfoot, Sprong
    D- Ekblad, Gostisbehere, Rielly, Borowiecki, Montour, Girard, Orpik, Schenn
    G-Fleury, Rask, Brossoit, Saros, Kuemper, Appleby

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Username View Post
    Getzlaf and Perry shouldn't make the team. Too slow.
    Getzlaf and Perry can skate fine. Jakob Silfverberg dominated on the big ice and he is slower than both.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by ShawneePanthers View Post
    I don't think Ward or even Fleury will make the third spot in net. Will likely be a dark horse.
    I'd give Holtby a shot before Ward or Fleury, who we already know are mediocre. We can use Luongo and Price as the steady vets. The difference in skill between those 5 is pretty similar so I'd probably just go with the three healthiest guys whenever the decision needs to be made.