Thread: Lots of injuries in Week 7

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Lots of injuries in Week 7

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...signs-not-good

Jay Cutler - Groin
    Chicago Bears source tells NFL Media columnist Mike Silver that Jay Cutler's groin injury "sounds bad." Cutler will undergo an MRI on Monday.
    Sam Bradford - Torn ACL
    NFL Media insider Ian Rapoport reports that St. Louis Rams quarterback Sam Bradford will miss the rest of the season with a torn ACL, according to two sources informed of the situation. The team is expected to work out several quarterbacks Monday.
    Brian Cushing - Torn LCL and Broken Leg
    NFL Media's Albert Breer has been told by Texans linebacker Brian Cushing that he believes he tore his LCL and broke his leg. Cushing believes he needs surgery and is thought to be done for the season. Darryl Sharpton figures to replace Cushing in the starting lineup.
    Arian Foster - Hamstring
    Houston also lost running back Arian Foster to a hamstring injury in the first quarter, and he did not return.
    Leon Hall - Torn Achilles Tendon
    The Cincinnati Bengals believe cornerback Leon Hall has a torn Achilles tendon, NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Sunday, per a source who has spoken to the player. Hall, one of the best cornerbacks in the league, also tore his Achilles tendon in 2011.
    Jermichael Finley - Neck
    Green Bay Packers tight end Jermichael Finley left the field on a stretcher because of a neck injury. He had feeling in all his extremities, the team announced. Rapoport has been told signs are good for Finley. Rapoport reported Finley spent the night in a hospital, per a source close to the player, as a precautionary move. "He's going to be fine," the source said.
    Doug Martin - Shoulder (Labrum Tear?)
    According to multiple reports, Doug Martin sustained a labrum tear in his left shoulder Sunday and is likely out for the season.
    Advice: Martin's wildly disappointing second NFL campaign ends with a thud. In six games, he's rushed 127 times for 456 yards (3.59 YPC) with just one touchdown and added a meager 12 catches for 66 yards. Now he'll watch the rest of the season as sixth-round rookie Mike James operates as the feature back with third-round rookie Mike Glennon at quarterback.
    Reggie Wayne - Sprained Knee
    Indianapolis Colts wide receiver Reggie Wayne left Sunday night's game with a sprained knee. He was not hit on the play and will undergo an MRI on Monday. The Colts also lost center Samson Satele (knee), defensive back Josh Gordy (groin) and cornerback Greg Toler (groin).
    Last edited by letangerang58; October 21, 2013 at 1:09 PM.
    Fantrax - Salary cap dynasty - cap hit - H2H each category
    Start: 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2UTIL, 2G, 6 Bench, 4IR
    Cats: G, A, +/-, PIM, STG, STA, SOG, FOW, GWG, Hits, BLK, W, GAA, Saves, SV%, SO

C: Getzlaf, Turris, Eakin, ____
    LW: Kunitz, MacArthur, Pacioretty, ____
    RW: Little (C), Tarasenko, Eriksson (LW)
    D: Pietrangelo, JJ, Streit, Brodie, Benn, ____
    G: Lundqvist, Bishop, Holtby

Farm: Grigorenko, H Lindholm, Faksa, Collberg, Grimaldi, Lee, K Hayes, G Carey, Schmaltz
    G: Grubauer, Gudlevskis

Dobber Sports Veteran

Jay Cutler - Torn Groin - 4 weeks

An MRI exam revealed Cutler has a torn groin muscle. Briggs, the anchor of the defense, has a small fracture in his shoulder, the team said.

Neither player will require surgery, coach Marc Trestman said.

Regarding Cutler, Trestman said, "I'm only confident by what they've told me. This is a minimum of four weeks. Then he'll be evaluated week to week. ... Four weeks is a reasonable start. And then it'll be week to week. I'm encouraged by the prognosis."

Asked about the injuries to two team leaders, Trestman said, "They're significant. But the positive thing is that they're not out for the season. They're not done. They're going to be back. And this team has an obligation with the next-man-up philosophy of coming together. And there are a lot of reasons to be excited about coming back here next week."
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...,3247870.story
    Fantrax - Salary cap dynasty - cap hit - H2H each category
    Start: 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2UTIL, 2G, 6 Bench, 4IR
    Cats: G, A, +/-, PIM, STG, STA, SOG, FOW, GWG, Hits, BLK, W, GAA, Saves, SV%, SO

C: Getzlaf, Turris, Eakin, ____
    LW: Kunitz, MacArthur, Pacioretty, ____
    RW: Little (C), Tarasenko, Eriksson (LW)
    D: Pietrangelo, JJ, Streit, Brodie, Benn, ____
    G: Lundqvist, Bishop, Holtby

Farm: Grigorenko, H Lindholm, Faksa, Collberg, Grimaldi, Lee, K Hayes, G Carey, Schmaltz
    G: Grubauer, Gudlevskis

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Seriously... what a list.
    Ouch.

Dobber Sports Immortal

This week has convinced me to be firmly behind using waivers in fantasy football leagues. It's something I have only had once, and have been slowly moving toward suggesting in my leagues. There was so much adding and dropping on the weekend because of injureis....it was ridiculous.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    This week has convinced me to be firmly behind using waivers in fantasy football leagues. It's something I have only had once, and have been slowly moving toward suggesting in my leagues. There was so much adding and dropping on the weekend because of injureis....it was ridiculous.
    No waivers? Thats crazy! I've been considering switching from waivers to FAAB next year.