Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Connors, Konecnys, Barzals OH MY!

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Gramps View Post
    Jack Eichel is another to keep a eye on

11 points in 10 gms played for the U-18 USA team
    Big weekend for Eichel, now up to 20 points in 13 gms.

Noah Hanifin is also having a great start for the U-17 US team, look for him to be moved up to the U-18 team soon.
    12 team points only keeper (G = 1, A = 1, W = 2, SO = 2)
    Dress 6 forwards, 4 defensemen, 2 goalies, weekly starts
    Roster limit - 20 plus 4 prospects

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Connors, Konecnys, Barzals OH MY!

Eichel up to 32 points in 17 gms, making a case for the US wjc team

Dobber Sports Padawan

Eichel is looking more and more like he will make the US Was team, but there is no ****ing info on this kid. Anyone have any links? Mcdavid has an article in the national paper every other day right now, and the kid who may actually generate a bit of stir in challenging him for 2015 is like an Internet ghost.
    Tweet @ Me brah!
    10 team Auction Keeper-Year 7, No FAs, Points only, Weekly Lineups
    C-Backstrom, Stepan, Desharnais
    W-Ovie, Pacioretty, Kadri, Nyquist, Granlund, Schwartz
    D- Chara, Wideman, Kronwall, Phaneuf
    G-Varlamov
    Bench: Schenn, MSmith, Yakupov, Hartnell, Gionta, Williams, Carle
    Farm: Barkov, Kucherov, Monahan, Trouba, Klimchuk, Poirier, Nieto, Toffoli, Dumba, Gormley, GReinhart, BSmith, Aberg
    Proud owner of entire first round in KPL 2015 prospect draft

The Great One

The name that immediately jumps out is Jack Eichel. The 1996-born center is a 6-foot-2, 191-pound offensive wizard for the US National Team Development Program, with 13 goals and 22 points through 10 games. He’s a Mike Modano-type, an effortless skater who finishes plays as cleverly as he makes them. Assuming he makes the WJC roster cut, it’ll be interesting to gauge his performance next to that of fellow 2015 draft candidate, Connor McDavid of Canada.

A right-handed winger, he currently committed to Boston University for his freshman year next fall, and has already tallied 49 goals and 95 points with other U.S. junior national hockey squads over the past two years, tied for the lead on under-17 national team with six points during the 2012 Four Nations Tournament in Monthey, Switzerland.

Dobber Sports Pro

Eichel is a great prospect, it's too bad he wouldn't of gone to Halifax before they released his rights. Maybe he will end up in Saint John at some point (highly unlikely) and I can get in some viewings.
    Straight Points keeper league. Keep 5 Forwards,3 defence,1 goalie.

F: Nicklas Backstrom, Joe Thornton, Henrik Zetterberg, Zach Parise, Logan Couture

D: Erik Karlsson, Alex Pietrangelo, Oliver Ekman-Larsson

G: Sergei Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Padawan

Don't you guys find it weird that they little blurb is like all there is out there on this kid? (I'd read that already) isn't making the US team tryouts at 16 something worthy of some media attention?
    Tweet @ Me brah!
    G-Varlamov
    Farm: Barkov, Kucherov, Monahan, Trouba, Klimchuk, Poirier, Nieto, Toffoli, Dumba, Gormley, GReinhart, BSmith, Aberg

The Great One

Last year in the Under-17 World Challenge, the team competition almost became secondary to the talent show Canada's Connor McDavid and the USA's Jack Eichel put on.
    "Those two guys put themselves on another plane," NHL draft expert Craig Button said. "It was McDavid, Eichel and then Eichel, McDavid. Back and forth. They just dominated the game. If anyone else saw any other part of that game, good for them, because it was hard to take your eyes off those two players."

McDavid is projected as the No. 1 pick in the 2015 draft, and Massachusetts native Eichel will be rated close to him. No Americans are projected to go in the top 10 picks in 2014, but Seth Jones went No.4 in June and a U.S. player has been taken at least that high six times since 2005.
    "I think Jack Eichel is in the conversation for the top three," said Button, a former Calgary Flames general manager and longtime NHL scout.
    Eichel, 17, is the youngest player on the talent-laden U.S. national junior team's preliminary roster, and there is ample buzz about him in the NHL community.
    "He can make plays at high levels of speed," Pittsburgh Penguins pro scout Don Waddell said. "His hockey sense is off the charts."
    Eichel, who is 6-1 and 190 pounds, plays like a force.
    "Jack Eichel wants to make a difference in the game, and he has the skills to make a difference and the will to make a difference," Button said.
    The defending champion Americans are training at the University of Minnesota, and the 23-man roster won't be announced until Dec. 23. The world junior championships start Dec.26 in Malmo, Sweden.
    "He still has to prove it to coaches," USA Hockey assistant executive director Jim Johannson said. "But he is absolutely dynamic, and if you get him over there with more room on the ice, he's going to be difficult to maintain."
    After missing time with mononucleosis and being struck in the ear with a puck, Eichel, who turned 17 on Oct. 28, has 19 goals and 41 points in 22 games.
    "It's not one thing that stands out with Jack," Button said. "It's the whole package."
    One of Eichel's most memorable traits is the Brett Hull-like release on his shot.

"It's not so much his release as ability to shoot on the move," Button said.
    Button said Eichel's ability to shoot from many different body positions made it more difficult for goaltenders to get set against him.
    "He has three things essential to being a top player," Button said. "He has exceptional cutting ability. He's one of those guys who can cut and not lose speed and maintain his balance. No.2, he has a great change of pace. When he comes in on a defender, the defender is leery because he knows. Eichel, within a half-step, can put it another gear. Finally, he doesn't get knocked awry. He has strength on his skates; he can hold off a check. He's just a handful."
    His skating is deceptive.
    "His skating doesn't look pretty, but he certainly is fast enough," Waddell said. "What happens with big guys ... sometimes they don't look like great skaters, but this guy gets to where he needs to go."
    Johannson said Eichel doesn't look like he's moving.
    "But he is flying," he said. "If he gets body position on you, you are not going to get him."
    The WJC is dominated by 19-year-olds, not players two months past their 17th birthday.
    But Button says Eichel will score in Sweden.
    "What I see is a guy who gets to the highest levels at critical times," he said.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Looks like Hanafin has continued to impress!

Anyone have any info on Daniel Sprong?
    Tweet @ Me brah!
    G-Varlamov

Dobber Sports Ace

Updated stats for Konecny (54 Gp / 64 points) and Eichel (36 Gp / 60 points)

Dobber Sports Padawan

Radovan Bondra xcaught my eye with his name, (not related) but then I noticed he's like 6'5 already??!

Nice move for a big kid...

http://youtu.be/aE9U73EfrFE
    Tweet @ Me brah!
    G-Varlamov

Dobber Sports Padawan

http://www.nhl.com/ice/blogpost.htm?id=27787
    Not much real info but interesting that ho sang played with mcdavid did t know that.
    Tweet @ Me brah!
    G-Varlamov