Thread: Blackmon for Morris

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Blackmon for Morris

Preamble: 10 team keeper league (keep up to 14). I took over an awful team two years ago and I'm still wallowing amongst the filth, trying to dig my way out of a hole.

My roster is full of young players an pure speculation plays:

QB: RGIII, Dalton, Palmer, Locker, Glennon, G. Smith
    RB: TRichardson, Gio Bernard, K. Davis, A. Brown (IR)
    WR: Blackmon, J. Jones, E. Sanders, Hartline, L. Moore, C. Patterson, K. Allen, J. Hunter
    TE: Daniels, Bennett, Eifert
    K: Dawson
    DEF: San Francisco

After Blackmon's monster game, I've been offered Alfred Morris for Blackmon straight up. I'm leaning towards not taking the deal, since Blackmon is my only legit WR1 (ish) and Morris doesn't factor into the passing game one iota, limiting his upside. However, RB is my worst situation right now and the value is there.

This move would be looking towards the future. I'm obviously not competing this year.
    16 team league, keep 12 plus *4 1st/2nd year players (16 total)
    Points Only (w/ NHL salaries), start 8F/4D/1G
    Note: Defencemen receive 1 point per 45 mins of ice time (1-2 points per week, ~30-35 pts per season).

Forwards:
    L. Couture, F. Forsberg, T. Teravainen, O. Palat, C. Kreider, K. Hayes, *J. Guentzel, R. Rakell, *K. Labanc, B. Point, *C. Fischer
    Defense:
    *S. Theodore, S. Gostisbehere, *M. Matheson, J. Trouba
    Goalie:
    M. Murray

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Due to your ridiculously large roster I would not make this move. You've got enough depth at RB for a rebuild team and you said it yourself, Morris doesn't factor in the passing game whereas Blackmon will likely see a minimum of 8-10 targets a week now with Shorts sidelined for the foreseeable future -- and Jax will be playing from behind which will lead to a lot of nice yardage gains for Blackmon. Now if this were a normal sized roster it would be a little different. However you definitely need help on WR not the other way around.

I'd actually be shopping RGIII and T-Rich from your team to add a little more promising depth to your team. Not that RG and T-Rich aren't great, but do you really want the headache that should already be happening to continue? Someone might spend a lot on either of those players and lets face it, you're not going to contend with this roster. Keep the rebuild going and get rid of some of the players that are more potential headaches than potential superstars compared to the rest of the field.
    10 team Cumulative Points Only - Keep 4
    G (3), A (2), +/- (1), PPP (1), PIM (0.25/min), S (0.4), H (0.2), Bs (0.2), FoW (0.1), W (4), Sv (0.2), SO (4), GA (-1)
    update inc.

Dobber Sports Veteran

You can't not talk the deal. I know your WR are weaker than your RB but this is a deal you HAVE TO take. Morris is still a top tier RB and Blackmon is a decent WR on a team that doesn't score much. If this were to go down in my league, I would likely object to the trade. It's crazy and extremely lopsided IMO. Especially in a keeper Morris will be a first round pick in redraft leagues for many years and you will always have him on your team.

Dobber Sports Veteran

I'd take this trade too. I don't think it's as lopsided as Matt does, but still a young starting RB on a solid young team trumps in the equation. With very very few exceptions, legit RBs >> legit WRs. You most often see people scrambling for RBs, compared to upgrade at receiver. Big difference.
    14 Team H2H Dynasty League (14 keepers, no farm)
    Weekly Starts (3C, 5W, 5D, 1Util, 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W+OTL, SV%

C: MacKinnon/Eichel/Kopitar//Pinto/Wright
    W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson(IR)/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand/Drouin
    D: Dobson/Trouba(IR)/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Martinez/Edvinsson/York/Gudas(IR)/Tanev
    G: Saros/Demko(IR)/Askarov/DeSmith