It is going through in my league:

Crosby + Gaborik

for

Lundqvist + H. Sedin + Parise
    Yr 3 of 5 Yr - KEEP 4, 12 Manager, H2H - Category

16 man roster
    Daily ice: 2 C, 2 LW, 2 RW, 3 D, 2 G

Player Cats: G, A, PPG, PPA, SHP, GWG, +/-, PIM
    Goalie Cats: W, GAA, Sv%, SO (3 min starts/wk)

My Team (KEEPERS IN CAPS):
    G: RASK, Luongo
    D: Weber, Chara, Kronwall
    TOEWS C
    GETZLAF C
    Brassard C
    Datsyuk C,LW
    COUTURE C,LW
    Cammalleri C,LW
    Backes C,RW
    Franzen LW,RW (IR)
    Vertseeg LW,RW (IR)
    Roussel LW
    Okposo RW
    Iginla RW

Traded Away: 5th Round 2015
    Traded For: 7th Round 2015

Dobber Sports Veteran

Crosby side easily wins but it's a "good trade" as in non-vetoable (and maybe he was desperate for a top goalie) . I don't think people understand the difference between collusion and a trade that has a winner................

Dobber Sports Expert

This is one of those cases of quantity vs. quality in a trade. Out of curiosity, is this the 5 year pool referred to in your sig?

In a shallow keep 4 only format I would side with the Crosby side 90% of the time. Having said that, landing a competent C, a solid W and arguably a top 5 G is a really solid return. If a person wanted to really shoot for a W in one of those 5 years [and perhaps was worried Sid might only play 60 games] this is the kind of trade I would expect to see.

Do I think the asking price could be higher? Yes. But I've seen way worse deals than this. This is in the ballpark...especially considering only a 5 year window.
    10 Team [keep 10 + 4 prospects]
    Scoring F=1[g/a]; D=2[g], 1[a]; G=2[w], -1[L], 1[OT], 2[SO] Top 12 F, 6 D, 2 G count

Forwards
    Crosby, Ovechkin, Backstrom, Wheeler, Byfuglien, Hornqvist, Simmonds, Ladd, Zuccarello, Ribeiro, Desharnais, Semin, MacArthur, Moulson, Purcell, Soderberg, Dupuis
    Defense
    Keith, Goligoski, Carlson, Krug, Trouba, Streit, Pouliot, Ceci, Nurse, Martinez
    Goalie
    Fleury/Price/Rask

Dobber Sports Initiate

I don't think its that far off, and for someone to acquire crosby, they will have to pay... and they have, with arguably the best goalie +.

If it was just 2 x henrik for crosby, I think people would say its tipped to the 2 x henrik side.

all in all, its not an unfair trade imo
    L1: 14T keep 10 H2H 12F/6D/2G/3B
    P Cats: g/a/+/-/pim/sog/bs/stp/hits
    G Cats: w/sv/so/gaa/sv%

F: tarasenko,yamamoto,p kane,backstrom, zuccarello,gourde,lafreniere,w karlsson,iafallo,bunting,khaira,brown,pageau,vorac ek, palat,verhaeghe
    D: klingberg,theodore,gudas,burns
    G: varlomov,talbot,shesterkin
    IR: radulov,pettersson

L2: 10T keep 10 H2H
    P Cats: g/a/+/-/pim/sog/bs/stp/hits
    G Cats: w/sv/so/gaa/sv%

F: w. karlsson,mcdavid,kreider,nylander,hoffman,giroux,d ebrincat,reinhart,hintz,verhaeghe,tuch,iafallo,tol vanen,robertson
    D: klingberg,trouba,yandle,faulk,letang
    G: shesterkin,sorokin,lankinen,lehner
    IR: seguin,petterson,fleury

Dobber Sports Pro

I'd rather have the Lundqvist side, personally. Yeah it's a fair trade anyway you want to break it down.

The Wolverine

What do you mean by fair? I'm curious why you're asking - it's a trade involving good players.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by The Hockey Hitman View Post
    I'd rather have the Lundqvist side, personally. Yeah it's a fair trade anyway you want to break it down.
    Me, too. That is really nice depth for a run at it this year.

Dobber Sports Giant

I like the Crosby side in pretty much any trade involving Sid. However, this is not a bad move if both managers assess their respective needs.

I acquired Crosby in my keeper league when he was concussed and his future was in doubt a couple of years ago (after 7 years of nagging the manager who had him).

I landed him by trading Luongo, Theodore, Bishop, Lecavalier, Heatley, Erat, Hudler and a bunch of picks (Theo was hot for the Panthers at the time while Bishop was playing ''musical goalie chair'' in Ottawa --> goalies are worth alot).

Since I was giving away so much in terms of numbers and depth, I asked him to throw in a kid by the name of Gabriel Landeskog that seemed like a 3rd line winger at the start of his rookie season to some. Luckily he turned it up a notch when I got him.

All this to say that if you are going to land Crosby in pretty much any format, you need to go for quantity over quality because Sid is the best player in the world!

PS: I also feel your league's trade is ''more fair'' than mine was and I play with guys that really know their fantasy hockey so the fact that it wasn't vetoed says alot.
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay