Thread: 3 way trade net result, would you do it? REP

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default 3 way trade net result, would you do it? REP

So trying to put together a 3 way deal to help 2 of our GM's aquire their favorite players from their favorite teams. This would be the net result. Some draftpicks or prosepcts may need to be worked into the deal. Let me know your thoughts on where I stand.

Give- Phaneuf, Couture, Weiss
    Get- Byfuglien, Lupul, Stepan or Duchesne

Pretty sure I come out ahead in this one. Just looking for some opinions.

Catagories and team in my signature.

Thanks
    12 Team H2H Keep 15- 25 man Roster- G,A,+/-, PIM, HITS, BLK,GWG,SOG HT, DEF,PPP, SHP, TOI, GAA,GA, WINS,SV, SO,SV%

Forwards- Giroux, Pacioretty, McDavid, Johansen, Landeskog, Yakupov, Barkov, Foligno, Kuznetsov, MacKinnon Kreider, Draisidl, Tervainen, Nelson, Zajac

Defense-Phaneuf, OEL, Rielly, Barrie, Stone, Murray, Beauchemin
    Goal- Dubnyk, Talbot

Farm- D. Strome, M. Marner, J Ortio

Dobber Sports Veteran

I would only do it if you get Duchene

Dobber Sports Initiate

Go for it.

Byfuglien>>Phaneuf
    Duchene=Couture, at worst. At best Duchene>Couture
    Lupul=Weiss, it would be in Lupul's favour if he wasn't injured all the time.

I'd make the deal if Duchene was involved, but probably not for Stepan.
    16 team, full keeper
    19 roster players, 15 prospects, 2 farm
    Stats: G, A, PPG, SHG, special teams assists, SOG, FOW, PIM, hits, BS, Tk, +/-, W, SO, saves, s%, GAA, SO saves

C: Crosby, Malkin, Stamkos, H. Sedin, J. Staal, Hodgson
    W: Perreault, Atkinson, Dorsett, Jagr, Burrows, Zuccarello, Hagelin, Condra
    D: Karlsson, Keith, OEL, Hamonic, Gudas, Hejda
    G: Price, Rinne

Prospects: Lindholm, Cassels, Perlini, Vesey, Sheahan, Teravainen, Jensen, Ceci, Koekkoek, Emelin, Kulikov, Rundblad, Grubauer, Kuemper

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Mattp913 View Post
    I would only do it if you get Duchene
    Duchene>Stepan?

In our catagories Stepan out performed Duchesne in all but SOG and Blocks last year. I would have thought Duchesne to be a downgrade from Stepan
    12 Team H2H Keep 15- 25 man Roster- G,A,+/-, PIM, HITS, BLK,GWG,SOG HT, DEF,PPP, SHP, TOI, GAA,GA, WINS,SV, SO,SV%

Forwards- Giroux, Pacioretty, McDavid, Johansen, Landeskog, Yakupov, Barkov, Foligno, Kuznetsov, MacKinnon Kreider, Draisidl, Tervainen, Nelson, Zajac

Goal- Dubnyk, Talbot

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Am I missing something?

I thought you said this was a 3 way deal?

So far I only see what you are giving up and getting back.

What are the other two giving and receiving?

All of this information needs to factor into a 3 way trade!
    Keeper-G/A/PPG/SHG/GWG/W/SO
    C-Steen-Pavelski-Stepan-Bergeron-Malkin
    L-Ovechkin-Johansson-Ladd-Eriksson
    R-Perry-Backes-Wheeler-Hornqvist-Nash
    D-Burns-Byfuglien-Letang-Shattenkirk-Vatanen
    G-Andersen-Luongo
    Farm-Condon-Horvat-Namestnikov-Walman-Murray(G)

Think you can write fiction? Enter this quarterly competition.
    http://www.flash500.com

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by sixhands View Post
    I thought you said this was a 3 way deal?

So far I only see what you are giving up and getting back.

What are the other two giving and receiving?

All of this information needs to factor into a 3 way trade!

Im not really concerned with how the other teams make out, the end result for me, is I give up those 3 off of my roster, and get the other 3 back. where the pices are coming from or going to should be inconsequential when measuring the effect on my roster.

Unless I am missing something. There are some other peices moving around, but not really relevant to if this makes sense for me.

Goal- Dubnyk, Talbot

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by maddysdaddy View Post
    Duchene>Stepan?

In our catagories Stepan out performed Duchesne in all but SOG and Blocks last year. I would have thought Duchesne to be a downgrade from Stepan
    Duchene is way better than Stepan

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Mattp913 View Post
    Duchene is way better than Stepan
    Based on??????

Fantasy Hockey and Reality are not one and the same. Opportunity and Situation come into play almost as much as skill level.

Duchense playing on a borderline playoff team in the West on line 1A/B with PP2 time or Stepan playing under Vingeault's heavy offensive zone starts on line 1 and PP1. Who is in line for a better statistical season? Makes you wonder. Especially when you factor in all of our scoring cats.

Personally I find more value in Stepan, Duchesne would be a nice consolation prize, but I have to think the calue on Stepan is better, at least for the immediate future.

Goal- Dubnyk, Talbot

Dobber Sports Veteran

Based on??????

Fantasy Hockey and Reality are not one and the same. Opportunity and Situation come into play almost as much as skill level.

Duchense playing on a borderline playoff team in the West on line 1A/B with PP2 time or Stepan playing under Vingeault's heavy offensive zone starts on line 1 and PP1. Who is in line for a better statistical season? Makes you wonder. Especially when you factor in all of our scoring cats.

Personally I find more value in Stepan, Duchesne would be a nice consolation prize, but I have to think the calue on Stepan is better, at least for the immediate future.
    Set up a poll and see what people think. I guarantee Duchene will win by a pretty wide margin. He will have the better statistical season this season and every season.

Dobber Sports Initiate

I am going to start by saying that I completely understand your rationale, our own team should always come first. That's a given.

I do however have some issues that you fail to understand.

Im not really concerned with how the other teams make out, the end result for me, is I give up those 3 off of my roster, and get the other 3 back.
    I do believe you started this thread by saying that you were trying to "help"out 2 other GM's in acquiring players they like from their respective "favourite" teams.

where the pices are coming from or going to should be inconsequential when measuring the effect on my roster.
    I agree, it should however be "consequential" when your thread topic stated a 3 way trade whereby you were involved.

Unless I am missing something. There are some other peices moving around, but not really relevant to if this makes sense for me.
    Again, I agree with you and if it isn't relevant then your thread should not have stated that it was a 3 way trade.

You would have received the exact same advice if you had simply posted the following thread topic "Would you do this deal?"

My point is that 3 way deals are inherently harder to pull off and in order to get all of the information in a 3 way trade one needs to know which pieces are going where, and why.

I was merely trying to look at the big picture, which is a 3 way deal that you alluded to.

In order for those of us that like to dissect each component and provide the best advice possible, one would need ALL of the required information.

You said it was a 3 person deal yet failed to mention the other 2 parties.

That my friend, is all I was trying to point out.

Oh, and I think Duchene is way better than Stepan, in the fantasy world and on the ice as a player.

Do the deal if you can get Duchene and don't derail your own threads by arguing the advice people give you

Just my 5c

Cheers
    Keeper-G/A/PPG/SHG/GWG/W/SO
    C-Steen-Pavelski-Stepan-Bergeron-Malkin
    L-Ovechkin-Johansson-Ladd-Eriksson
    R-Perry-Backes-Wheeler-Hornqvist-Nash
    D-Burns-Byfuglien-Letang-Shattenkirk-Vatanen
    G-Andersen-Luongo
    Farm-Condon-Horvat-Namestnikov-Walman-Murray(G)

Think you can write fiction? Enter this quarterly competition.
    http://www.flash500.com