Thread: Who's my most expendable goalie?

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Who's my most expendable goalie?

I'm really high on Halak and Schneider which is why I drafted them.
    However, neither are bonafide #1s so I went for Miller, which I regret since Lehtonen and Backstrom were both available at the time. And for some reason unbeknownst to me now, I also took Hiller.

Who's my most expendable goalie? GS is a stat for me, so having 4 is not necessarily a terrible thing, but I'm high on Bernier and he's just lying around in FAs. I want him, but there's no way the 3 BN spot I have are going to be filled by all goalies.

I'm looking to make a C+G trade for a better F on someone else's team.
    ------------OLD------------
    15 Team Yahoo Rotisserie (1YR)
    Max Games Played
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 2G, 4BN
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPG, SHG, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO

C: Giroux, Stastny, Fisher
    LW: Benn, Hall, Lucic, Hartnell
    RW: Stamkos, Hossa, Stafford
    D: Karlsson, Byfuglien, Brodie, Borowiecki, Pouliot
    G: Elliott, Allen, Dubnyk, Stalock
    IR: P. Kane

Notable Trades:
    Khudobin -> Hartnell (Oct 12)
    Ehrhoff -> Lupul (Nov 12)
    Greiss -> Hossa (Nov 21)
    Forsberg, Kucherov, Stalock -> Stamkos (Dec 20)
    Varlamov -> Lucic (Jan 20)
    E. Staal -> Byfuglien (Jan 20)
    Halak, Perreault -> Benn (Feb 10)

I...am your father.

Tough one, but I would swap out Schneider for Bernier. Very tough call, as all four goalies are about equal when you balance potential games started, with talent. But you need Bernier, and Miller is your only full-time starter
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Master

Wink

I hate disagreeing with Dobber, but I think your most expendable Gman is Hiller. He and Fasth should split time evenly (limiting starts), and Hiller can be a bit of a Band-Aid (vertigo, anyone?). Keeping Schneider won't be a bad move. He was fantastic in preseason, and while it may take the fans in Jersey some time, he is the goalie of their future while Marty Brodeur makes his way out to pasture. I also think that Schneids will play 40 to 50 games, or more if Brodeur goes down to injury again. As such, he stands to win at least 25 of them.

Hiller wins the most expendable award.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Banned

I love how Schneider went from the princess of the ball to somewhere below dog meat in the course of a few months on these forums...he used to be a Dobber Darling and now he's not even worth keeping.

another JOKE on us isn't it???

good goalies make poor teams better, Schneider is a great goalie, don't abandon him just because some nimrod with a blog tells you to, he's probably your best goalie, I would definitely not be dropping him...

Dobber Sports Stud

0000mg Dobber replied

Thanks for the opinion grendel, but no need for name-calling here. I wouldn't just blindly follow advice, regardless of who it comes from. People are just offering their two cents, and the mass of opinions along with my own judgement will lead to a decision. Regardless, I appreciate the concern you have with my situation

TBH I was actually leaning toward getting rid of Miller. Doing that would require a larger sample size to work with but by then, Bernier might be taken....
    I drafted Hiller thinking he was going to be the #1 but after seeing Fasth get another start after his atrocious showing, I'm not too sure. #GiveHilleraChance
    Max Games Played
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO

Notable Trades:
    Greiss -> Hossa (Nov 21)

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bottlenecker View Post
    I hate disagreeing with Dobber, but I think your most expendable Gman is Hiller. He and Fasth should split time evenly (limiting starts), and Hiller can be a bit of a Band-Aid (vertigo, anyone?). Keeping Schneider won't be a bad move. He was fantastic in preseason, and while it may take the fans in Jersey some time, he is the goalie of their future while Marty Brodeur makes his way out to pasture. I also think that Schneids will play 40 to 50 games, or more if Brodeur goes down to injury again. As such, he stands to win at least 25 of them.

Hiller wins the most expendable award.
    In this instance, disagreeing is just fine. As I said, very tough call and roughly equal. I was tempted with Hiller as well, but Fasth has had two weak starts IMO

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by grendel View Post
    I love how Schneider went from the princess of the ball to somewhere below dog meat in the course of a few months on these forums...he used to be a Dobber Darling and now he's not even worth keeping.

good goalies make poor teams better, Schneider is a great goalie, don't abandon him just because some nimrod with a blog tells you to, he's probably your best goalie, I would definitely not be dropping him...
    Schneider is awesome and a stud keeper. Absolutely the best goalie on this list for the long term. But this year his wins won't pile up until January as he gradually takes over No.1, and I believe the league in question is just one year.

Let's not get carried away by misinterpreting harmless short-term advice here. And I'm a nimrod with six blogs.

Banned

nothing but hype...and no balls to even back it up...

here's a perfect example from last year:

http://forums.dobbersports.com/showt...ight=Schneider

ridiculous...how about just once taking responsibility when your advice goes south?

Dobber Sports Stud

nothing but hype...and no balls to even back it up...

here's a perfect example from last year:

http://forums.dobbersports.com/showt...ight=Schneider

ridiculous...how about just once taking responsibility when your advice goes south?
    Wait grendel I don't understand, I looked at the forum post and it was Dobber lightly recommending Rask o.o
    Max Games Played
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO

Notable Trades:
    Greiss -> Hossa (Nov 21)

Dobber Sports Newbie

I'm pretty fresh at this, but I'm gonna disagree with the expert in Dobber and say drop Hiller. I think there's a good chance Marty get's injured and Schneider carries the load in NJ. Even if that's not the case he's their goalie of the future and I think they'll play him more then Marty.

Dobber Sports Deity

Schneiders value changed a bit when his team in front of him changed. Is he still an excellent NHL goalie? Of course but to say his numbers aren't going to change due to a weaker team in front of him lacks common sense. Hockey is still a team game, and a goalie is only going to do so much for ya. Vancouver is a much better team then New Jersey.

I don't understand the insults coming from you either. Are you simply trying hard to be an ass and stand out?

If you don't like the advice coming from anyone on these boards, no one says you have to frequent it.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Master

Did Dobber sleep with Grendel's wife or is the name calling / obvious anger management issues all in good fun?

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy