Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dobbernomics Updates Anybody?

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Dobbernomics Updates Anybody?

So, I should probably click on my team and see what's going on... but how about somebody just give me an update... are values moving & rising & dropping?

What's the most interesting shifts over the first week?

Dobber Sports Pro

I'm winning.
    Don't bother.
    http://twitter.com/robsintheshed

12 Team - H2H Keeper League - 25 Players - 13 Keepers
    (G, A, P, +/-, Hits, PPP, SOG, W, GAA, SV%)
    Keepers
    C: Tavares, Benn,
    LW: Galchenyuk, Landeskog, .
    RW: Pominville, Little, Oshie, Yakupov
    D: Subban, Vatanen, Fowler
    G: Price, Bishop

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Dobbernomics is complicated. Some values are going up. Some are going down. Finding the rationale requires an understanding of chaos theory. But unfortunately, I forgot to save the initial conditions. Sorry.
    Yahoo 12 team H2H Keeper (Keep 7 vets; 3 prospects (Skater < 201 GP; Goalie < 101GP)

Categories: G, A, P, PIM, +/-, PPP, SOG, FW, Hits, Blocks, W, GAA, Sv% Saves

Start 3LW, 3C, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 8Bn

C: Crosby, RNH, Stepan, Faksa
    LW: Ovechkin, Benn, Jenner (c), Komarov (c, rw), Dano
    RW: Voracek (lw), Neal, Hornqvist, Silfverberg, Buchnevich (lw), Boeser
    D: Karlsson, Letang, Ellis, Muzzin, Slavin, Boychuk
    G: Price, Bernier, Grubauer, Pickard

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Apparently I'm 7/43 in the Dobber Forums pool, with about $50.5m and $1.64m extra... plus 10 trades.

I think I'm basically going to roster guys by schedule density.
    I haven't figured out the "stock market" aspect of it yet... so for now, I'll go with what I know - accumulating stats.

Dobber Sports Pro

yeah.

It is a bit confusing.
    I noticed that I could have a player on my roster view that was +0.5 in value but if I looked at that player on the "buy players" list, he could be -0.4 or something. I wonder why?
    http://twitter.com/robsintheshed

12 Team - H2H Keeper League - 25 Players - 13 Keepers
    (G, A, P, +/-, Hits, PPP, SOG, W, GAA, SV%)
    Keepers
    C: Tavares, Benn,
    LW: Galchenyuk, Landeskog, .
    RW: Pominville, Little, Oshie, Yakupov
    D: Subban, Vatanen, Fowler
    G: Price, Bishop

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Yeah, for example:

Malkin's on my team. On my team page, he's got a difference of -0.06M. On the buy page, he's at +0.14M.

What's going on there?
    Yahoo 12 team H2H Keeper (Keep 7 vets; 3 prospects (Skater < 201 GP; Goalie < 101GP)

Dobber Sports Recruit

First post, so bare with me.

Perhaps first I need to explain the menu My Team->Lineup (the so called Team View).
    This is your roster, if you view it on your team you see the todays roster, which is usually unlocked until the games begin.
    One important thing here is that you have a history link next to your team name in form of a red double arrow. If you click on that you will see your previous roster, usually previous day.
    You can also use the menu My Team->Team History and click on the date in the list and get the same result.

Ok that was the introduction, now for your confusing problem (e.g. Malkin as an example). My guess is that you seeing what he lost since yesterday (from 6th of Oct) therefore a loss of -0.6M$.
    If you had bought him 1st of Oct you should have earned 0.13M$ on him.
    Easiest to confirm this is by just clicking the `Statsī -tab in the Team View (My Team->Lineup, there are three tabs Points, Stats and Schedule), you can refer it as the financial tab. Check the headers in the Stats and you will see some intresting info like Earned, buys, sells and so on.
    Whats most important for me when I play is the Owners in %, because here I can see if I'm sitting on a potential bubble. I think you guys can have more use of the information there than me, because I'm just a decent stock-manager.

Also you can view the ups and downs by clicking on the player link. You will then see a diagram on how the price goes up and down (you can also view a owners diagram, that should follow the price quite nicely).

So, how do the pricing go up and down?
    Mainly by demand, if enough managers sell a player he will decline in value and vice versa. There are some other factors in it too, like a built in gravity and it easier than it sounds.
    If a player is not owned by a lot of managers/teams then that player will sooner or later fall into gravity and that means lose value by 0.01-0.02M$ per day until hes attractive enough on the market.

There are some more checks like number of managers trading that day, active managers and trading volume in the past, but thats just tweaks. The main factor for price adjustments are buys and sells.

Long post so perhaps finish it up with the easiest way to earn money:
    1. Check the Schedule, buy players that have lots of coming games and sell players when the have a bad schedule (Check the in-game schedule and just follow green and red)
    2. Try to save a trade or two for injuries, because an injury or two can devestate your funds.
    3. If your a skilled manager you probably forsee those hot and cold streaks and earn tons of cash. I myself suck at this and always follow the stream and buy a player when I see he starts to perform.
    Last edited by netmask; October 7, 2013 at 2:48 PM.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by PensInThree View Post
    Yeah, for example:

Malkin's on my team. On my team page, he's got a difference of -0.06M. On the buy page, he's at +0.14M.

What's going on there?
    Did you have him from the beginning?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    Did you have him from the beginning?
    Thanks, I see what's going on there. The "Buy Players" screen tells you, depending on the tab, the change over more than 1 day. My team page shows me yesterday's change.

Cheers

PS Though why Malkin dropped 0.06M is beyond me.

The Great One

Beyond you and I both!

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    Beyond you and I both!
    My guess is that Malkin went down because we were entering a stretch where the Pens play just 1 game in 5 days and people were seeking more point accumulation from the $6M. Personally, I held onto Malkin because his longer term schedule looked good, I still view him as tremendous value, and I didn't want to use a trade just to reverse it a couple days later. Maybe I need to rethink things.

The Great One

I haven't tried Dobernomics yet...and reading this board does make it sound complicated. Even though I'm sure it isn't. There just has to be an easier way to make this thing intuitive, one would think...

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    I haven't tried Dobernomics yet...and reading this board does make it sound complicated. Even though I'm sure it isn't. There just has to be an easier way to make this thing intuitive, one would think...
    As I understand it, you can think of it with two regards:

1. You have a $50m budget. Spend it on 6F/3D/2G as best you can to maximize points. Scoring determines the leaders/winners.

2. That budget ($50m) will slowly increase or decrease depending on "how you play the (hot/cold) stock market of players". Jump on a hot (value) player before his hot streak, and before others do, and his value will shoot up.
    If you buy a player at $4.5m... he goes on a hot streak... then his value is $5.6m... well, your team now has an extra $1.1m in budget.

If you can continually "add cap value", then you can obviously spend more and more and more on quality players. By the end of the season, perhaps you have $70m to spend on quality players to accumulate points.

That's pretty much it, as I understand.

Can you switch leagues once this thing starts?
    Are you guys all in one league?

My team value is 50.95, so if i was maxed out i could drop a 5m player and add a 5.95 I guess? Not too sure what im doing though lol,
    Yahoo 12 Team H2H
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, HIT
    W/ GAA, SV%, SHO

C: McDavid, Suzuki
    LW: Tkachuk, Schwartz
    RW: Seguin, Bratt, Necas
    D: Josi, Letang, Rielly, Theodore, Chabot
    G: Hart, Knight, Hill
    IR: Murray

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by dooley89 View Post
    Can you switch leagues once this thing starts?
    Are you guys all in one league?

My team value is 50.95, so if i was maxed out i could drop a 5m player and add a 5.95 I guess? Not too sure what im doing though lol,
    I don't know about switching leagues.
    I'm in one of the "Dobber" leagues, not sure the exact name.

Yes, if you haven't made any changes yet to your team, then you should be able to drop the $5m for a $5.95m player.

I just made my first two changes today.
    Picked up a CGY & MON player for tonight's game.