Thread: Emery for Kesler

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Emery for Kesler

One year league, we start 2 goalies. I've currently got Niemi, Pavelec, Schneider and Emery. Quantity over quality but I'm hoping one of Emery or Schneider takes a permanent role as starter.
    Im not a fan of carrying 4 goalies and have an offer to get Kesler for Emery. Offensive categories are G, A, +/-, PIMS, Hits, SOG and PPP so Kesler has alot of value if he's healthy,but goalies are very tough to come by in this league.

Is this a deal I should consider? and Emery is the right goalie of the 4 to move?
    Last edited by Giff9; October 6, 2013 at 12:23 AM.

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Giff9 View Post
    One year league, we start 2 goalies. I've currently got Niemi, Pavelec, Schneider and Emery. Quantity over quality but I'm hoping one of Emery or Schneider takes a permanent role as starter.
    Im not a fan of carrying 4 goalies and have an offer to get Kesler for Emery. Offensive categories are G, A, +/-, PIMS, Hits, SOG and PPP so Kesler has alot of value if he's healthy,but goalies are very tough to come by in this league.

Is this a deal I should consider?
    Yes absolutely.

You get a multi -cat big time producer in Kesler for a part-time goalie. You already have the goalie cats covered. Losing Emery to gain Kesler = WIN.

Dobber Sports Ninja

It would probably be a good idea to see what the rest of your team looks like and how many you play at each position etc.

On the surface though this looks like a no brainer...let's be honest as Shake said you'd be getting a multi-cat beast for a timeshare goalie. Assuming more details doesn't make this a mess.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Thanks for the feedback. Replying from phone so hopefully it comes through ok. We carry 8 forwards, 5 defense, 2 utility and 3 bench. Positions don't matter so it seems like a no brainier.
    Anyone else?
    Thanks