Thread: About the sites - next couple of weeks

I...am your father.

Default About the sites - next couple of weeks

As many of you know, the Dobber sites all crashed at 10:30pm ET Monday and were down mostly until 8am Tuesday. The shop and login had issues that went on until noon Tuesday. At such a critical time of the year (first day of NHL season), it was quite stressful. I'm not one to let ridiculous things like that happen to me a second time if I can help it. So it's time to upgrade everything. That means

1. Joomla to upgrade to the current version. That is all the Dobber sites
    2. Magento to upgrade to current version. That is the shop
    3. Vbulletin to upgrade

This also means upgrading the server PHP and MySQL. The last upgrade for PHP meant Goalie Post was down for a couple of hours. This time - the second and final one - we'll be ready for that. The MySQL meant that all sites were down, one at a time, for about 15 minutes each today. But that's done.

When we upgrade Vbulletin, the forum will be down from what looks like 12 hours, maybe more. I'll get an exact time on that later. I'll give notice when the forum is down, and will do it at a non-peak hour, like a weekend night after 1am through to noon or something.

When this is all done, I have removed all reasons for things to go wrong and for the site to crash.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Hey no worries Dobber! Thanks for the heads up.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

clearly this site just needs more ram. here's a good site that can make it run faster!!

http://downloadmoreram.com/