Thread: Gudbranson, Adam Larrson, or Krug??? Please.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Gudbranson, Adam Larrson, or Krug??? Please.

Allo! So I have Gudbranson and Krug on my roster in a keeper league. Adam Larrson is available as a free agent. Would it be wise to drop either Gudbranson or Krug for Larrson?
    G, A, +-, PIM, PPP, HITS, SOG all equal in value.
    Thanks!

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by spoilers View Post
    Allo! So I have Gudbranson and Krug on my roster in a keeper league. Adam Larrson is available as a free agent. Would it be wise to drop either Gudbranson or Krug for Larrson?
    Thanks!
    It's clearly between Larsson and Krug and I think I might go Larsson just because he's going to get so much icetime in his career, a consistent 25+ minute guy, and ultimately may even be a very solid PP guy with his shot - Krug will give lots of value especially PPPs and SOG, where he's already contributing, but he's not going to get the same ice time and opportunity. It's close though and I think Krug is a reasonable choice if you prefer that route.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by spoilers View Post
    Thanks!
    I guess it would depend on what the rest of your roster looks like. If you are weak in the hits and PIM dept outside of Gudbranson then his value is higher then normal. He wont score a ton, but is a solid multi-cat type of guy.

I think Krug and Larsson will give you similar numbers, fantasy wise. I have more faith that Larsson will be relied on more then Krug so I would probably consider dropping Krug for him but you have to wonder why you grabbed Krug instead of Larsson in the first place. Was Larsson not available when you got Krug, and now he is? Or at the time you got Krug, did you simply like him more then Larsson?? Those are the types of questions you have to ask yourself.

I would personally prefer to have Larsson, but as I said earlier simply because you know NJ will be relying on him. Krug in Boston appears to be ready to start producing consistently, but it's safe to say he isn't near the top of their pecking order.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thanks for the feedback. Larrson was just dropped and is sitting on waivers, so he wasnt available until now. As for PIMS and HITS my team is crazy heavy in those departments so Gudbransons peripheral stats wouldnt be missed desperately. McBain is another option to drop, Ive been carrying him so long I forgot about that guy!