Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Going for five in a row!

  1. #1
    horrorfan's Avatar
    horrorfan is online now
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    8,304
    Location
    Scotland
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Giant

    Default Going for five in a row!

    Hey everyone,

    I haven't done this in awhile so thought I'd share my one year H2H squad for your thoughts. It's a great group and I have a big target on my back since I've won the title four years running. The trash talk leading up to the draft was pretty good so would love to keep the dynasty going.

    Here are the details:

    Yahoo, One-year, H2H, 12 teams, Daily lineups/transactions
    Max moves per week=2, Min goalie appearances per week=3
    G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,SOG,FOW,Hits,Blocks / W,GAA,SV,SV%
    4C,4L,4R,6D,2G,6BN,2IR

    I had the 8th pick, and listed the rounds chosen. Most of my wingers have dual eligibility so didn't bother adding them. Also, 4 of the 12 were on auto so that caused some interesting picks at times.

    Poltergreiss

    C: M. Koivu (9), Stastny (14), Zajac (16), MacKinnon (18), Backlund (23)
    L: Neal (2), Nash (3), Ott (10), Hartnell (13), Versteeg (26)
    R: Giroux (1), Ryan (4), Brown (8), Michalek (20), Hornqvist (25)
    D: OEL (11), Boyle (12), Goligoski (15), Giordano (17), Hamonic (19), Faulk (22), Fowler (24)
    G: Holtby (5), Lehtonen (6), Pavelec (7), Thomas (21)

    I know I managed some pretty good value out of a few players. Do you think I reached on any? How's my category balance? I know my centres are weaker but that was part of my strategy to go after multi-cat wingers early.

    Anyway, happy to hear your constructive feedback. Thanks.
    Last edited by horrorfan; September 28, 2013 at 6:11 PM.

  2. #2
    Yardsale's Avatar
    Yardsale is offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    800
    Location
    Vancouver
    Rep Power
    12

    Dobber Sports Initiate

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    Hey everyone,

    I haven't done this in awhile so thought I'd share my one year H2H squad for your thoughts. It's a great group and I have a big target on my back since I've won the title four years running. The trash talk leading up to the draft was pretty good so would love to keep the dynasty going.

    Here are the details:

    Yahoo, One-year, H2H, 12 teams, Daily lineups/transactions
    Max moves per week=2, Min goalie appearances per week=3
    G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,SOG,FOW,Hits,Blocks / W,GAA,SV,SV%
    4C,4L,4R,6D,2G,6BN,2IR

    I had the 8th pick, and listed the rounds chosen. Most of my wingers have dual eligibility so didn't bother adding them. Also, 4 of the 12 were on auto so that caused some interesting picks at times.

    Poltergreiss

    C: M. Koivu (9), Stastny (14), Zajac (16), MacKinnon (18), Backlund (23)
    L: Neal (2), Nash (3), Ott (10), Hartnell (13), Versteeg (26)
    R: Giroux (1), Ryan (4), Brown (8), Michalek (20), Hornqvist (25)
    D: OEL (11), Boyle (12), Goligoski (15), Giordano (17), Hamonic (19), Faulk (22), Fowler (24)
    G: Holtby (5), Lehtonen (6), Pavelec (7), Thomas (21)

    I know I managed some pretty good value out of a few players. Do you think I reached on any? How's my category balance? I know my centres are weaker but that was part of my strategy to go after multi-cat wingers early.

    Anyway, happy to hear your constructive feedback. Thanks.
    Like your team, its got good balance. That being said...I don't know how the other teams drafted, but if a team drafted best offensive option available, it looks like you would be weak g/a/ppp.

    The peripheral stats look quite good:
    hits (ott, brown, aggressive forwards like hartnell, nash, ryan and neal)
    pims
    definitely fw (giroux koivu stastny, then ott and zajac)

    Maybe a bit lacking in blks (giordano and hamonic)?


    You've been champion 4 times in a row so you're doing something right.

    My personal preference, though, for 9-4 skater-goalie cat distribution is to just keep a couple goalies and use the freed bench positions for D that can fill up pim/hits/blks - fraser, smid, etc.
    1-Year 12-team H2H: G/A/+-/PIM/PPP/SOG/SH%/FW/HIT/BLK GS/W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO

    C: Giroux, Backstrom, Hanzal, Ribeiro
    LW: Nash, Ladd
    RW: Wheeler, Vrbata, Hornqvist
    D: Keith, Streit, Franson, Gardiner
    G: Lunquist, Mason, Luongo
    IR: Stepan

  3. #3
    horrorfan's Avatar
    horrorfan is online now
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    8,304
    Location
    Scotland
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Giant

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yardsale View Post
    Like your team, its got good balance. That being said...I don't know how the other teams drafted, but if a team drafted best offensive option available, it looks like you would be weak g/a/ppp.

    The peripheral stats look quite good:
    hits (ott, brown, aggressive forwards like hartnell, nash, ryan and neal)
    pims
    definitely fw (giroux koivu stastny, then ott and zajac)

    Maybe a bit lacking in blks (giordano and hamonic)?


    You've been champion 4 times in a row so you're doing something right.

    My personal preference, though, for 9-4 skater-goalie cat distribution is to just keep a couple goalies and use the freed bench positions for D that can fill up pim/hits/blks - fraser, smid, etc.
    Thanks for the feedback, Yardsale.

    I haven't had a close look at the other teams yet, but I was thinking the same thing regarding offense. I figured as I got to my pick in some rounds and a multi cat stud was available, I couldn't pass him up. Especially for easily predictable categories such as hits and faceoffs won. Did I go there too much? Possibly, so here's hoping that on a weekly basis I won't be too skewed in that direction. In hindsight I might have been able to wait on Ott and drafted someone like Wheeler or Lecavalier.

    As for blocks, Boyle and Goligoski actually blocked a bit more than I had expected when I was looking at available D to draft. That made my decision a bit easier since they aren't big hitters, but I figured I was covered there. It might be tight on a weekly basis but we'll see if it's enough. I figured I needed a bit more offense on the backend anyway considering going peripheral-heavy early, as you mentioned. I'll take the steady, non-flashy contributors and hope they don't have an off-year.

    Sure, that strategy can work, and it's something I would consider if I find I don't need a fourth goalie. I wasn't planning on four 'starters' (Thomas being the wild card) but I did want at least three as on a weekly basis any goalie can have a good week, so if I can take Wins and Saves most of the time, then I'm already half way there. Obviously may not help with a sub par offensive week but that's part of the risk and challenge. I also used the same night tool to choose my third/fourth so I've tried to limit conflicts.

    Anyone else?
    Last edited by horrorfan; September 29, 2013 at 4:19 AM.

  4. #4
    Jönde's Avatar
    Jönde is offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    57
    Rep Power
    0

    Dobber Sports Sophomore

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    Hey everyone,

    I haven't done this in awhile so thought I'd share my one year H2H squad for your thoughts. It's a great group and I have a big target on my back since I've won the title four years running. The trash talk leading up to the draft was pretty good so would love to keep the dynasty going.

    Here are the details:

    Yahoo, One-year, H2H, 12 teams, Daily lineups/transactions
    Max moves per week=2, Min goalie appearances per week=3
    G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,SOG,FOW,Hits,Blocks / W,GAA,SV,SV%
    4C,4L,4R,6D,2G,6BN,2IR

    I had the 8th pick, and listed the rounds chosen. Most of my wingers have dual eligibility so didn't bother adding them. Also, 4 of the 12 were on auto so that caused some interesting picks at times.

    Poltergreiss

    C: M. Koivu (9), Stastny (14), Zajac (16), MacKinnon (18), Backlund (23)
    L: Neal (2), Nash (3), Ott (10), Hartnell (13), Versteeg (26)
    R: Giroux (1), Ryan (4), Brown (8), Michalek (20), Hornqvist (25)
    D: OEL (11), Boyle (12), Goligoski (15), Giordano (17), Hamonic (19), Faulk (22), Fowler (24)
    G: Holtby (5), Lehtonen (6), Pavelec (7), Thomas (21)

    I know I managed some pretty good value out of a few players. Do you think I reached on any? How's my category balance? I know my centres are weaker but that was part of my strategy to go after multi-cat wingers early.

    Anyway, happy to hear your constructive feedback. Thanks.
    I think your team is very well balanced. And I do think that your center position is fine at least, thanks the dual egibility of Giroux and Ott. I've always hated to carry four goalies and it hurts the amount of skater starts. Maybe there is a chance of get some more goals+assists via trading a goalie away?!? Of course, Lehtonen is a band-aid-boy so you never know... Anyway, Holtby-Lehtonen-Pavelec sound very solid goalie combo to me.
    H2H, 12 teams. G, A, +-, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, W, GAA, SAVE%, SO

    C: Getzlaf, Stepan, Lehterä
    W: Okposo, Ladd, Sharp c/w, Carter c/w, Ryan Strome c/w
    D: E.Karlsson, Phaneuf, Niskanen, Fowler
    G: Andersen, Luongo, Talbot
    Bench: Lucic, Ennis c/w, Craig Smith c/w, Dubinsky c/w, Pominville
    IR: Couture c/w

  5. #5
    horrorfan's Avatar
    horrorfan is online now
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    8,304
    Location
    Scotland
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Giant

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jönde View Post
    I think your team is very well balanced. And I do think that your center position is fine at least, thanks the dual egibility of Giroux and Ott. I've always hated to carry four goalies and it hurts the amount of skater starts. Maybe there is a chance of get some more goals+assists via trading a goalie away?!? Of course, Lehtonen is a band-aid-boy so you never know... Anyway, Holtby-Lehtonen-Pavelec sound very solid goalie combo to me.
    Thanks for the feedback, Jönde.

    Yeah that's something I'll keep in mind. I had a look and the Markstrom owner was an auto drafter and is hurting a bit with goalies. Maybe I can work a deal in there somewhere. Might as well list his roster:

    C: Stamkos, Backstrom, Ribeiro, Weiss, Grigorenko
    L: Marleau, Vanek, Semin, Boedker, Kulemin
    R: Pominville, Gagner, Williams, Frolik, Etem
    D: J. Schultz, Campbell, Del Zotto, Voynov, Tyutin, Hamilton, Nikitin, Myers
    G: Anderson, Fasth, Markstrom
    Last edited by horrorfan; September 29, 2013 at 11:59 AM.

  6. #6
    Jönde's Avatar
    Jönde is offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    57
    Rep Power
    0

    Dobber Sports Sophomore

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    Thanks for the feedback, Jönde.

    Yeah that's something I'll keep in mind. I had a look and the Markstrom owner was an auto drafter and is hurting a bit with goalies. Maybe I can work a deal in there somewhere. Might as well list his roster:

    C: Stamkos, Backstrom, Ribeiro, Weiss, Grigorenko
    L: Marleau, Vanek, Semin, Boedker, Kulemin
    R: Pominville, Gagner, Williams, Frolik, Etem
    D: J. Schultz, Campbell, Del Zotto, Voynov, Tyutin, Hamilton, Nikitin, Myers
    G: Anderson, Fasth, Markstrom

    Well, he definetily needs a goalie. I would start working on a Thomas for Ribeiro -trade. I am not the biggest fan of Ribeiro but he racks up hell of a lot PPP...
    H2H, 12 teams. G, A, +-, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, W, GAA, SAVE%, SO

    C: Getzlaf, Stepan, Lehterä
    W: Okposo, Ladd, Sharp c/w, Carter c/w, Ryan Strome c/w
    D: E.Karlsson, Phaneuf, Niskanen, Fowler
    G: Andersen, Luongo, Talbot
    Bench: Lucic, Ennis c/w, Craig Smith c/w, Dubinsky c/w, Pominville
    IR: Couture c/w

  7. #7
    horrorfan's Avatar
    horrorfan is online now
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    8,304
    Location
    Scotland
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Giant

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jönde View Post
    Well, he definetily needs a goalie. I would start working on a Thomas for Ribeiro -trade. I am not the biggest fan of Ribeiro but he racks up hell of a lot PPP...
    Yeah I had thought about Ribeiro. Well 27 PPP last season is pretty ridiculous and I wouldn't even expect that in a full season. But as Phoenix's #1 centre, he should get a solid amount. Though I would like to keep balance - having 6 centres won't help me as much for getting starts. So maybe send back a centre - MacKinnon? - and ask for Fasth back as a bit of insurance in case one of my starters gets hurt. Also with my three starters, Fasth would be a perfect spot starter on some off days, according to the same night tool. What do you think?
    Last edited by horrorfan; September 29, 2013 at 1:49 PM.

  8. #8
    Jönde's Avatar
    Jönde is offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    57
    Rep Power
    0

    Dobber Sports Sophomore

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    Yeah I had thought about Ribeiro. Well 27 PPP last season is pretty ridiculous and I wouldn't even expect that in a full season. But as Phoenix's #1 centre, he should get a solid amount. Though I would like to keep balance - having 6 centres won't help me as much for getting starts. So maybe send back a centre - MacKinnon? - and ask for Fasth back as a bit of insurance in case one of my starters gets hurt. Also with my three starters, Fasth would be a perfect spot starter on some off days, according to the same night tool. What do you think?
    Year after year Anaheim plays a lot at off nights so if You want to carry on four goalies then go for it! MacKinnon might be year or two from actual fantasy impact (but he has the name and fame = trade value).
    H2H, 12 teams. G, A, +-, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, W, GAA, SAVE%, SO

    C: Getzlaf, Stepan, Lehterä
    W: Okposo, Ladd, Sharp c/w, Carter c/w, Ryan Strome c/w
    D: E.Karlsson, Phaneuf, Niskanen, Fowler
    G: Andersen, Luongo, Talbot
    Bench: Lucic, Ennis c/w, Craig Smith c/w, Dubinsky c/w, Pominville
    IR: Couture c/w

  9. #9
    horrorfan's Avatar
    horrorfan is online now
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    8,304
    Location
    Scotland
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Giant

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jönde View Post
    Year after year Anaheim plays a lot at off nights so if You want to carry on four goalies then go for it! MacKinnon might be year or two from actual fantasy impact (but he has the name and fame = trade value).
    I'll give it a go and update this thread with his response. Thanks again for your help.

  10. #10
    Jönde's Avatar
    Jönde is offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    57
    Rep Power
    0

    Dobber Sports Sophomore

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    I'll give it a go and update this thread with his response. Thanks again for your help.
    No problem
    H2H, 12 teams. G, A, +-, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, W, GAA, SAVE%, SO

    C: Getzlaf, Stepan, Lehterä
    W: Okposo, Ladd, Sharp c/w, Carter c/w, Ryan Strome c/w
    D: E.Karlsson, Phaneuf, Niskanen, Fowler
    G: Andersen, Luongo, Talbot
    Bench: Lucic, Ennis c/w, Craig Smith c/w, Dubinsky c/w, Pominville
    IR: Couture c/w

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •