Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Letang Injury

Administrator

Daily lineup changes favor guys who can be at their computer at 6:15 PM when it's announced that a workhorse like Lundqvist is not playing that night. In weekly lineup leagues it's a real pain in the ass working with injury-prone guys. Otherwise it would be easy to just change my lineup when it gets announced in the afternoon that someone is returning from injury.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Superstar

I prefer daily changes, but it can be frustrating if people in your league don't have either the time or inclination to set their daily lineups.

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Guru

Ok guys you are killing me here .... I keep checking thinking there is an injury update on Letang

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by wendelclark17 View Post
    Ok guys you are killing me here .... I keep checking thinking there is an injury update on Letang
    Haha yes. I need to know if he is back tomorrow or not, but I am assuming not.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by jcairns View Post
    But someone who doesn't have their time can simply set their roster on Sunday for the entire following week anyhow. It makes no difference; the only difference is now everyone has to do it which is in no way beneficial.
    That makes no sense when the other GMs are making daily changes - holy cannon fodder - you would be screwed on injuries and goalie starts for sure.

I am in one weekly starts keeper league and quite enjoy it. Still need to keep a watchful eye on things because you still have the ability to pick up players at any time even though they can't be slotted into the lineup until the start of the next match. But with 2 other daily change leagues, I find it is just the right amount of extra time that I can give to the weekly league.
    Last edited by Shoeless; October 11, 2013 at 4:08 AM.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by Skin Blues View Post
    For H2H leagues, you have all the adds/drops in order to maximize games played. Some people don't like that. Weekly FAAB would also solve that, but some people don't like only haveing one day to pick up players. I'm sure there are other reasons. It's got it's pros and cons, just like every format. It's definitely not for everybody, especially people that want to tinker every day.
    In Yahoo weekly start leagues, you can pick up a player anytime you want. You just can't slot them in until the start of the next match.

I'm in a weekly starts league and while it is missing the intensity of the daily action, there is certainly a skill to building a winning team that is different than daily starts to some extent. It's alright, not my favorite type but I really enjoy the league nonetheless.

Dobber Sports Expert

Letang skated hard on Thursday, but did not practice. Bylsma has indicated Letang is unlikely to return before first practicing with the team. With this in mind, he's progressing, travelling with the team on their 2 game road trip, but unlikely to play tonight.
    10 Team [keep 10 + 4 prospects]
    Scoring F=1[g/a]; D=2[g], 1[a]; G=2[w], -1[L], 1[OT], 2[SO] Top 12 F, 6 D, 2 G count

Forwards
    Crosby, Ovechkin, Backstrom, Wheeler, Byfuglien, Hornqvist, Simmonds, Ladd, Zuccarello, Ribeiro, Desharnais, Semin, MacArthur, Moulson, Purcell, Soderberg, Dupuis
    Defense
    Keith, Goligoski, Carlson, Krug, Trouba, Streit, Pouliot, Ceci, Nurse, Martinez
    Goalie
    Fleury/Price/Rask

Dobber Sports Guru

via twitter:

Dave Molinari ‏@MolinariPG 2m
    Defenseman Kris Letang is on the ice for the Penguins' game-day skate.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I activated him just in case. Probably won't go today but I threw him in anyway. Need some help in my match this and it ain't just sitting out there begging me to use it.

Dobber Sports Guru

more good news from twitter:

Dave Molinari ‏@MolinariPG 20s
    Letang stayed on the ice after the Penguins' game-day skate to get in some contact work, another step in his return from injury.

Dobber Sports Expert

Kris Letang (lower body) skated with the Penguins on Friday, but there is no timetable for his return.

It's certainly a good sign, though his return is not imminent. It was his first practice since Sept. 27. "(We're) probably taking a little more time precaution-wise than if this was a midseason situation," coach Dan Bylsma said. "(We'll) probably see how the next three days go … whether he's doing well, if there's a setback or not a setback."

Source: Pittsburgh Tribune-Review

Oct 12 - 11:42 AM
    12 -Team Yahoo, Points Pool, Keeper (Since 1995): G(1), A(1), PPG(1), SHG(1) GWG(1), W(2), SHO(3). Protect 13 each season.

C (4): Hayes, Bonino, White, Bozak
    LW (4): Aho, Huberdeau, K Connor, Gourde
    RW (4): Perry, Boeser, Tuch, Zucker
    F (1):Labanc
    D (4): Barrie, Theodore, Faulk, Shattenkirk
    G (1): Lehner

Bench: (C) Kerfoot, (RW) Silfverberg, (LW) Bertuzzi (D) Q Hughes, R Murray, D'Angelo (G) Demko, Markstrom,

Dobber Sports Expert

Sounds like he's close. Contact drill are usually the last step:

Kris Letang (lower body) practiced and took part in contact drills on Saturday.

There is still no word as to when Letang will return to active duty but he is getting close. His return will reduce Matt Niskanen's fantasy value. Look for Letang to get 60-65 points in close to 75 games this season.

Source: Pittsburgh Tribune-Review

Oct 13 - 11:20 AM
    12 -Team Yahoo, Points Pool, Keeper (Since 1995): G(1), A(1), PPG(1), SHG(1) GWG(1), W(2), SHO(3). Protect 13 each season.

Bench: (C) Kerfoot, (RW) Silfverberg, (LW) Bertuzzi (D) Q Hughes, R Murray, D'Angelo (G) Demko, Markstrom,

Dobber Sports Guru

Letang is practising with the team today so that's a step forward to getting back to playing.
    UHL Pittsburgh Penguins

24 Team Fantrax Salary Cap H2H Dynasty League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG
    , Hits, Blks, FOW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SO
    23 Man Roster - 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 3F, 6D, 1G, 4BN, 4IR
    27 Man Minor Team

C-
    Tavares, Stepan, Granlund, Bjugstad, Couturier
    LW- Ryan, Perron, Ennis, Killorn, Spaling
    RW-
    Wheeler, Simmonds, Coyle, Wingels, Shaw
    D-
    JJ, Schultz, Cowen, Muzzin, Bortuzzo, Stanton
    G- Lehtonen, Rämö

F: Lehterä, Wennberg,
    McNeill, de la Rose, Fast, Leivo, Arnold, Archibald, Lindström
    D: Gelinas, Beaulieu, Koekkoek, McCabe, Johns, Gryba
    G: Berra, Talbot, Brossoit, Ullmark, Lieuwen, Rynnäs

*UHL Champion 2014*

Dobber Sports Expert

Sounds like he still has a ways to go?

Rob Rossi ‏@RobRossi_Trib 2m

Bennett (lower body) day to day. Letang (LB) still 'needs to continue to progress' #pens

Dobber Sports Expert

Dave Molinari ‏@MolinariPG 6m

Kris Letang, who hasn't played this season because of an apparent knee problem, is among first players on ice for Penguins' game-day skate.