Thread: Setting up a Yahoo online draft with keepers

Administrator

Default Setting up a Yahoo online draft with keepers

Hi,

I'm hoping a fellow commissioner can shed some light for me.... Here's what I'm trying to do: I operate a keeper league hockey pool in Yahoo. In this league, each team is allowed to designate 10 keepers and there is a 10-round draft so that each team has 20 players.

I'm trying to use the 'edit draft order & designate keepers' option. This option gives me 20 rounds, equal to the total number of players each team is supposed to have. So I put the 10 keepers for each team into the spots for the last 10 rounds of the draft (rounds 11 to 20).

The draft itself should ideally start at round 1 and stop at the end of round 10, and the keeper players that I've designated should (hopefully) be automatically filtered out from the list of available players.

Is that the right way to set up the draft?

Thanks for your help!
    Dobbernomics.com | Twitter @dobbernomics
    FantasyHockeyGeek.com | Twitter @FantasyHockeyGk

G(2), A(1), +-(1), PIM(0.25), PPP(2), SHP(3), HITS(0.1), BS(0.1), W(5), L(-2), SV(0.2), GA(-1), SO(5)

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Maybe... I've seen it the other way.
    You put in the 10 keepers in rounds 1-10.
    Then your draft starts in round 11. (Which is a better way to appreciate a player's actualy draft value).

The IMPORTANT thing though, if you do it that way, is for your GMs to understand that when they TRADE DRAFT PICKS, an 11th round pick traded MEANS the FIRST REDRAFT ROUND in future years.

I know this way (keepers input to rounds 1-10) works for sure.
    I can not verify it the way you've done it.