Thread: Grabo, Brouwer & Johansson

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Question Grabo, Brouwer & Johansson

Need some help assessing Washington players outside of the big 3 (OV, Back & Green). Particularly Johansson, grabo and brouwer. Dobber has grabo and brouwer at 55pts. Is that accurate? Does brouwer loose his 1st PP spot to grabo? Should johansson be taken before them just cause of his linemates.

My order right now is:
    Brouwer
    Grabo
    Johansson

cats are G, A, PPP, PIM, SOG, +/-, HIT. Goals are a bit more than assists.

Dobber Sports Stud

I think they're all pretty even and you can't say how it will turn out with PP time, etc. because even Oates doesn't know that. But I think I'd rate Grabo over those two. He'll get every chance to prove himself an asset in DC.
    C: Kopitar, Jarvis (RW), Thomas
    RW: Wilson, Bratt (LW), Zuccarello, Svechnikov (LW)
    LW: B. Tkachuk, E.Kane, Boldy (RW)
    D: Matheson, Rielly, Dahlin, Burns
    G: Shesterkin, Vasilevskiy, Kochetkov
    IR+

10 Team H2H, one year, G, A, +/-, PPP, PIM, HIT, W, SVP, GAA, SV
    Start 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2Util, 2G

Dobber Sports Ninja

I think Grabo will have a huge rebound year and outperform those other two easily. Having watched him many times in Toronto I can tell you he's better offensively than most people give him credit for.

Personally, I'm targeting him as a late round pick in my cash pools this season.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Getting that feeling as well. I think he's rolling PP1 with alex & backstrom as well.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I know most people around here (myself included) are high on Grabovski this season, but I'd still lean toward Brouwer here. Below are stat lines/gp for Grabo during his two best years in Toronto and Brouwer's for the past two seasons in Washington:

Grabo: .33 G/gp, 1.57 shots/gp, .64 hit/gp
    Brouwer: .29 G/gp, 1.89 shots/gp, 2.75 hit/gp

Grabo has a slight advantage in G/gp, but Brouwer cleans up on peripherals. As for PP time in the preseason, according to Frozen Pool, Grabo has had 8.77% of his total ice time (all game situations) with Ovi and Backstrom on the PP. All of that PP time Brouwer was also on the ice with Grabo. Brouwer however, has seen 12.78% of his total ice time come with Ovi and Backstrom on the PP, about half without Grabo around. Obviously preseason and regular season are entirely different animals, but based on the fact Brouwer was great on the PP last year and is getting more looks on PP1 in the preseason, I think you have to give this one to Brouwer with all the peripherals he brings and the fact that he should score at a comparable rate to Grabo.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by habs7079 View Post
    I know most people around here (myself included) are high on Grabovski this season, but I'd still lean toward Brouwer here. Below are stat lines/gp for Grabo during his two best years in Toronto and Brouwer's for the past two seasons in Washington:

Grabo: .33 G/gp, 1.57 shots/gp, .64 hit/gp
    Brouwer: .29 G/gp, 1.89 shots/gp, 2.75 hit/gp

Grabo has a slight advantage in G/gp, but Brouwer cleans up on peripherals. As for PP time in the preseason, according to Frozen Pool, Grabo has had 8.77% of his total ice time (all game situations) with Ovi and Backstrom on the PP. All of that PP time Brouwer was also on the ice with Grabo. Brouwer however, has seen 12.78% of his total ice time come with Ovi and Backstrom on the PP, about half without Grabo around. Obviously preseason and regular season are entirely different animals, but based on the fact Brouwer was great on the PP last year and is getting more looks on PP1 in the preseason, I think you have to give this one to Brouwer with all the peripherals he brings and the fact that he should score at a comparable rate to Grabo.
    wonderful insight. I moved brouwer up in my ranking for 2 reason. What u said above, and the fact that grabo is burried in o-rank meaning i'll have much better chance to get him as a final pick.