Thread: RNH+Lehner for Letang

Dobber Sports Sage

Default RNH+Lehner for Letang

I have to consult with my Assistant GM on this one...

So, what do you think?

Deep league, I'm strong down the middle... can i afford to let go of RNH & Lehner for Letang? Do I need Letang? Is this a no brainer?
    The League in London (20 Team Multi-Cat H2H $100 Dynasty League) - Season 11
    ... In memory of "The Net Detective"
    C Pinto kDach Hayton Roy / Lowry Bjugstad Blueger Carrick
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    Werenski Hronek Power Guhle McCabe Roy / Gudas Raddysh Pachal Evans Cormier
    G
    Swayman / Hill Mrazek Ivanov Kokko

Dobber Sports Veteran

YES! No Brainer!!!!

Dobber Sports Veteran

RNH= Injury problems
    Lehner= Back up at least two more years

Letang= top 3 D

Answer= do it now!
    12 team Full Dynasty w cap. 13F, 7D, 2G, 5B.
    G 4.25, A 2.75, PPP 1.5, SHP 3, Hits 0.4, Blocks 0.5, PIM 0.25, DFP 1
    W 5 OTL 1 SO 6 SV 0.25 L-1 GS 1

F:Stamkos, C Stew, R Johansen, B Dubinsky, Max Pac, Umberger, B Ryan, D Backes, T Ruutu, Lucic, Ott, MSL, Heatley, C Kunitz, J Benn, L Adam

D: C Fowler, Kronwall, A Goligoski, JM Liles, M Giordano, K Letang, N Nikitin, R Josi

G: J Quick, A Niemi, C Anderson, Rinne

Dobber Sports Initiate

Your team is super young. I'm pretty sure I'd make that deal, but I'd be much more concerned about losing Lehner than RNH. With only Markstrom and Bishop you've really opened yourself up to the problems that come with weak goaltending. Not that Lehner is going to be a super stud this year, but by the time Anderson is out of Ottawa and Lehner is the man all of your other young guys will be in their prime as well. You've set yourself up really well for 5 years from now, but I wouldn't hesitate to start moving some of the young guys to get competitive sooner than that.
    16 team, full keeper
    19 roster players, 15 prospects, 2 farm
    Stats: G, A, PPG, SHG, special teams assists, SOG, FOW, PIM, hits, BS, Tk, +/-, W, SO, saves, s%, GAA, SO saves

C: Crosby, Malkin, Stamkos, H. Sedin, J. Staal, Hodgson
    W: Perreault, Atkinson, Dorsett, Jagr, Burrows, Zuccarello, Hagelin, Condra
    D: Karlsson, Keith, OEL, Hamonic, Gudas, Hejda
    G: Price, Rinne

Prospects: Lindholm, Cassels, Perlini, Vesey, Sheahan, Teravainen, Jensen, Ceci, Koekkoek, Emelin, Kulikov, Rundblad, Grubauer, Kuemper

Dobber Sports Ace

I will do it easily Letang will be your best DEF and RNH is a band aid you 2 better center than him...
    10teams H2H keep 12 dress 3C,3LW,3RW,6D,2G,2uti+4bench
    G,A,PIM,PPP,SOG,HIT,BS,W,L,GAA,SV%
    C:GETZ,Pavelski,Rakell,Brassard
    RW:P.Kane,Tarasenko,Wheeler,Silfverberg,Brown
    LW:Paciorety,Mantha,Panik,Namestnikov
    D:OEL,Burns,Josi,BUFF,E.Johnson,Sergachev,Mcavoy
    G:Holtby,Dubnyk,Budaj

Dobber Sports Sage

Alright thanks guys!
    The League in London (20 Team Multi-Cat H2H $100 Dynasty League) - Season 11
    ... In memory of "The Net Detective"
    C Pinto kDach Hayton Roy / Lowry Bjugstad Blueger Carrick
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    Werenski Hronek Power Guhle McCabe Roy / Gudas Raddysh Pachal Evans Cormier
    G
    Swayman / Hill Mrazek Ivanov Kokko

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by dongjohnson View Post
    RNH= Injury problems
    Lehner= Back up at least two more years

Letang= top 3 D

Answer= do it now!
    Have to chuckle when I read things like this. Nugent-Hopkins has suffered ONE shoulder injury. ONE. He caught an edge and fell against the boards during a game with no one around him. He is recovering from the same shoulder surgery that Hall had and Hall finished in the top-ten in scoring this past season.
    People are writing him off because he missed time with this ONE injury and is recuperating from it.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by marshal View Post
    Have to chuckle when I read things like this. Nugent-Hopkins has suffered ONE shoulder injury. ONE. He caught an edge and fell against the boards during a game with no one around him. He is recovering from the same shoulder surgery that Hall had and Hall finished in the top-ten in scoring this past season.
    People are writing him off because he missed time with this ONE injury and is recuperating from it.
    Uh, not true, he has had chronic problems in that shoulder for years... here's some EXACT quotes and info...

"Nugent-Hopkins admitted prior to the (recent) surgery the shoulder injury had been nagging him for a couple of years" http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=681375
    It stems from the injury in his rookie season and that's a big deal for a smooth stick handling center.

F:Stamkos, C Stew, R Johansen, B Dubinsky, Max Pac, Umberger, B Ryan, D Backes, T Ruutu, Lucic, Ott, MSL, Heatley, C Kunitz, J Benn, L Adam

D: C Fowler, Kronwall, A Goligoski, JM Liles, M Giordano, K Letang, N Nikitin, R Josi

Uh, not true, he has had chronic problems in that shoulder for years... here's some EXACT quotes and info...

"Nugent-Hopkins admitted prior to the (recent) surgery the shoulder injury had been nagging him for a couple of years" http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=681375
    It stems from the injury in his rookie season and that's a big deal for a smooth stick handling center.
    Same shoulder. Didn't have surgery previously and was hampered by it. Same thing with Hall - shoulder bothered him when he played with the Spits. Still managed two Memorial Cups and did quite well this past season. Think when Nugent-Hopkins becomes a point-per-game player, people will forget about his shoulder. He's at an age when he can fully-recover from this problem. He's also quite durable and able to take punishment in case people were to assume otherwise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aWnU57ZmYs

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by VintageVibe View Post
    I have to consult with my Assistant GM on this one...

So, what do you think?

Deep league, I'm strong down the middle... can i afford to let go of RNH & Lehner for Letang? Do I need Letang? Is this a no brainer?
    With a H2H format, are you basically writing off all the goalie categories? I'm hearing Tim Thomas may get the gig in Florida this year. Did you give any thoughts to trying to flip RNH in a package for a goalie, so you could at least pick up some of those categories?

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by marshal View Post
    Same shoulder. Didn't have surgery previously and was hampered by it. Same thing with Hall - shoulder bothered him when he played with the Spits. Still managed two Memorial Cups and did quite well this past season. Think when Nugent-Hopkins becomes a point-per-game player, people will forget about his shoulder. He's at an age when he can fully-recover from this problem. He's also quite durable and able to take punishment in case people were to assume otherwise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aWnU57ZmYs
    So you know better than everyone else, including the medical staff and team management? Moreover, this is only one piece of a larger puzzle. He MAY have lasting effects, nobody said that he, for sure, will. That risk has to be handicapped/accounted for in a trade. That's too complex for some people to grasp, perhaps.
    Last edited by dongjohnson; September 25, 2013 at 11:47 PM.

Dobber Sports Icon

I think its a lot closer than others are making it. Short term thinking, its Letang - but he's also missed a lot of time due to injury. If you are going for it all this year then make the move...but...

Long term I think the Lehner/RNH side wins big time. Lehner will be a stud starter for a long time, and you are very weak at G as it is right now. I have much more faith in Lehenr than Markstrom (though he could turn out great as well). RNH is a little more uncertain IMO, but still should be a very solid point producer with major upside.
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin

So you know better than everyone else, including the medical staff and team management? Moreover, this is only one piece of a larger puzzle. He MAY have lasting effects, nobody said that he, for sure, will. That risk has to be handicapped/accounted for in a trade. That's too complex for some people to grasp, perhaps.
    Yes, I do know better. *rolls eyes*

Yes, he MAY suffer ongoing problems. He also MAY NOT. Players have experienced the same injury, undergone the same surgery and managed to return and play well. Nobody's questioning the possibility that Nugent-Hopkins might not be the same after. Maybe drop the smartass attitude too.