Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Trouba vs Dumba vs Wiercioch

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Trouba vs Dumba vs Wiercioch

In a keeper league that counts points, powerplay points, penalty minutes, plus/minus, and blocked shots. weighted: G(1), A(1), PPP(1), PIM (0.25), BS (0.25) and +/-(0.5), who would you rather own in a keeper league and compare/rank the 3 for this year and future.

For me, Trouba is a solid prospect, and looks to make the team this year and is already pretty solid in his own end but is behind a lot of depth in WPG. he probably wont be getting the prime offensive minutes from the backend unless WPG moves Byfuglien to wing or Enstrom gets injured again. I see Trouba as like a 25 point defenseman this year.

Dumba probably wont make the team this year, since MIN has so many dmen signed to 1way contracts. But Dumba is looking good in camp. He is probably my least favorite out of the 3 for this year, but looks intriguing for next year.

Wiercioch I don't know what to think about him. I know staff at Dobber think positively or highly of him. Ott doesn't have Gonchar anymore. And that opens up a left handed shot on the pp. Do you think Wiercioch-Karlsson is a likely pp d combo? also if so, Wiercioch looks like the promising of the 3 this year, but I don't know if he ranks above the other two in a keeper.

what do you guys think?

Administrator

Wiercioch wins here. Trouba and Dumba probably have more upside but that is a question that will be answered years from now. Not relevant today. Wiercioch can produce both now and in the future.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Deity

For this year, Wiercioch is the only true option. I don't see Dumba or Trouba offering much, fantasy wise.

Long term, I prefer Trouba but he's still a couple years away from being a higher end producing fantasy option for the exact reasons you stated. He still has guys like Buff, Enstrom and Bogo blocking him from breaking out. His time is coming, but its not right now.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    For this year, Wiercioch is the only true option. I don't see Dumba or Trouba offering much, fantasy wise.

Long term, I prefer Trouba but he's still a couple years away from being a higher end producing fantasy option for the exact reasons you stated. He still has guys like Buff, Enstrom and Bogo blocking him from breaking out. His time is coming, but its not right now.
    My fear is that, like Bogosian, Trouba gets shafted into mediocre production for 3-4 years. And at that point it's beyond the scope of what we should be looking at to decide between players.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Veteran

Trouba is by far the best of the 3 in all keeper formats.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    My fear is that, like Bogosian, Trouba gets shafted into mediocre production for 3-4 years. And at that point it's beyond the scope of what we should be looking at to decide between players.
    I hear ya but long term I think he and Bogo are the future on that blue line. Thats why I mentioned that he was a few years away from really being fantasy relevant.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Banned

For fantasy hockey I would rank Trouba last. Just don't see the offense. After that it's either the guy who is NHL ready and with opportunity or a guy with higher offensive upside but more wait time. Take your pick.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    For fantasy hockey I would rank Trouba last. Just don't see the offense. After that it's either the guy who is NHL ready and with opportunity or a guy with higher offensive upside but more wait time. Take your pick.
    Agree. I would take Wiercioch. He looks like he could be a 35-40 point player as early as this year.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Trouba outplayed Seth Jones in last years WJC and played decent minutes in the WC and did not look out of place. His only drawback from an offensive standpoint for the next season is the frequently posted depth of similar type dmen in Wpg. One year pool it's Wiericoch, Trouba, Dumba (who if he makes the team doesn't last 10 games). Years 3-5 it's Trouba, Dumba, Wiericoch (With Ceci coming in the next year or so he'll be in line for 2nd PP time at best with a ceiling of 35 pts. This season could be his best stats wise going forward.) Trouba possibly has the best overall multi cat potential and has the size to play a mean spirited game that you can't coach. At his best Shea Weber will be a fair comparison. Dumba will be a P K Subban lite. Enstrom may be traded within a year and out of Trouba's way as other dmen like Morrissey and Redmond look to add to the mix allowing Chevy to pick up a Hartnell or Ott type of player.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Watching Wiercoch play I can't envision him being the answer in Ottawa, he makes too many mistakes for mediocre offensive returns for me. This year he will be forced into some points because he's the next best option after Karlsson but for a keeper I still like Trouba more. Dumba is last on my list out of those three because he won't make the team this year and seems to have a lot of deficiencies in his game (a lot like Phaneuf).
    20 team H2H Fantrax Cap Dynasty
    2018/2018 Cap=90 mil
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, PIM, SOG, FO%, HIT, BLK, TOI/G
    W, GAA, SV%, SV, SHO
    3C/LW/RW, 6D, 2Sk, 2G

C: Backstrom, Bergeron, Eichel
    L: Benn, Rakell, Coleman, Goldobin, Weal, B. McGinn
    R: Pavelski, Radulov, Panik, B. Tanev, D. Ryan
    D: Burns, Josi, Weber, Ellis, Manson, Forbort, Stecher, Weegar
    G: Talbot, Elliott
    Farm: Harkins, Hayden, Kampf, Highmore, Dickinson, Bjork, Motte, Foegele, Rychel, Kossila, Poturalski, Graves, Bear, Nielsen, Timmins, Ozhiganov, McKeown, Gillies, Boyle, Brossoit, Ellis, Rittich

Dobber Sports Pro

This year:
    Wiercoch
    Trouba
    Dumba

Long Term:
    Trouba
    Wiercoch
    Dumba

I have Dumba ranked last because I am not a fan of his and don't see him making a huge NHL impact. He's simply a player I don't like.
    Straight Points keeper league. Keep 5 Forwards,3 defence,1 goalie.

F: Nicklas Backstrom, Joe Thornton, Henrik Zetterberg, Zach Parise, Logan Couture

D: Erik Karlsson, Alex Pietrangelo, Oliver Ekman-Larsson

G: Sergei Bobrovsky

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ICEJESTER View Post
    Trouba outplayed Seth Jones in last years WJC and played decent minutes in the WC and did not look out of place. His only drawback from an offensive standpoint for the next season is the frequently posted depth of similar type dmen in Wpg. One year pool it's Wiericoch, Trouba, Dumba (who if he makes the team doesn't last 10 games). Years 3-5 it's Trouba, Dumba, Wiericoch (With Ceci coming in the next year or so he'll be in line for 2nd PP time at best with a ceiling of 35 pts. This season could be his best stats wise going forward.) Trouba possibly has the best overall multi cat potential and has the size to play a mean spirited game that you can't coach. At his best Shea Weber will be a fair comparison. Dumba will be a P K Subban lite. Enstrom may be traded within a year and out of Trouba's way as other dmen like Morrissey and Redmond look to add to the mix allowing Chevy to pick up a Hartnell or Ott type of player.
    Trouba outplaying Seth Jones is not really all that important because a) the WJC doesn't matter b) he is more developed than Seth Jones

Wiercioch is a better player than Ceci right now and probably will always be. I don't see Ceci, a right hand shot, stealing his PP time. Wiercioch is better in all zones at the moment

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jmouland View Post
    Watching Wiercoch play I can't envision him being the answer in Ottawa, he makes too many mistakes for mediocre offensive returns for me. This year he will be forced into some points because he's the next best option after Karlsson but for a keeper I still like Trouba more. Dumba is last on my list out of those three because he won't make the team this year and seems to have a lot of deficiencies in his game (a lot like Phaneuf).
    Being the answer to what?

He has taken a big step recently and is primed for good numbers in the coming years. His passing is among the best I've seen. Every rookie will make mistakes, not sure what you're basing your opinion on as he hasn't played a ton of games.

Dobber Sports Sage

Taking Wiercoch ahead of either of these other two players in a keeper league is close to insanity imo. There is no part of his game that will even be close to either of the others in 2 years. To take an average player over two of the top rated defensive prospects in hockey because of short term gain is a pure recipe for long term mediocrity imho.

Trouba
    Dumba

Weircoch
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by bigbabybuda View Post
    To take an average player over two of the top rated defensive prospects in hockey because of short term gain is a pure recipe for long term mediocrity imho.
    Right. Because we all know how reliable the prediction of offensive upside for top rated defensive prospects is. Erik Johnson (and Jack), Hedman, Bogosian were all hailed to be the next great thing. Meanwhile, lesser rated prospects (during or immediately after their draft year) like Karlsson, Letang and Subban are leading the way offensively. Trouba is the most over-hyped prospect right now. He is far more likely to follow Bogosian-like offensive progression than a fast-tracked one. If you can wait 5 years, that's fine. Take him for the peripherals if you want but don't expect top offensive numbers soon.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.