7. Serious Chinny 74.5
    8. Kings Landing 74
    9. rattus rattus 65
    10. Mustangs 58.5
    11. Timbrrrr 51.5
    12. Flip-Adelphia 44
    13. Wade's Team 40
    14. Steam Roller 38

Renegade is in a strong position to take the title, but Rimouski is still hanging around within striking distance. Last Resort has been close but it appears he's a bit too far away to catch up and is looking more likely to remain in 3rd. There has been a lot of movement with teams ranked 4th-8th, so perhaps one will challenge for 3rd or it may continue to be simply jostling for position until the end.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Re: 2013/2014 Dobber Pro Campbell

Final Standings in the Campbell:

1 Renegade 95
    2 Rimouski Oceanic 88
    3 Last Resort 83
    4 Quatermoss & the Sid 82
    5 Serious Chinny 79
    5 Crazynuck 79
    7 Unknown 75
    8 Kings Landing 74
    9 rattus rattus 67
    10 Mustangs 52.5
    11 Flip-Adelphia 52
    12 Timbrrrr 44
    13 Wade's Team 40.5
    14 Steam Roller 34

Dobber Sports Demi-God

A look back at my strategy - picks - and finish with this team.

Round 1/2: Niemi (SJ) & Howard (DET).
    Niemi was an excellent pick, 39 wins, 2.31 GAA. Very solid. Draft Pick Grade: A-.
    Howard shit the bed, 21 wins, 2.66 GAA... and several missed starts. Draft Pick Grade: D.
    Looking Back: I should've gone with Fleury or Claude Giroux over Howard.

Round 3/4: Kopitar (LA) & Zetterberg.
    Kopitar was very solid, actually finishing as the #15 overall Yahoo! player! Draft Pick Grade: A+
    Believe it or not, Zetterberg was the #7 overall Yahoo! player!... by "average stats". But a 45-game season cut short by injuries, really hurts. Draft Pick Grade: B+ (major injury - unforeseen)

Round 5/6: Callahan (NYR) & Chara (BOS)
    Callahan was a nightmare. No offense. HITS can be found later in the draft. I ended up trading Callahan mid-season to Chinny for OEL (a good trade for both of us)... but I should have gone with Patrick Sharp! Draft Grade: D.
    Zdeno Chara was OK. He was pre-ranked as the #71 player and finished #90 (not factoring in his solid 163 hits). I'd say I got average value here and he DID finish higher than Doughty. Draft Grade: C.
    Looking Back: Go offense next time!! Patrick Sharp!!

Round 7/8: Dupuis (PIT) & Lupul (TOR).
    YUCK & YUCK.
    Dupuis was awful in the 39 games he played this year. Then he got injured. Just a terrible pick. Draft Grade: F.
    Lupul was decent while healthy, but injured too. And the -15 never helps. Not a good pick. Draft Grade: D.
    Looking Back: One of my absolute favourite players, Joe Pavelski, was on the board. I didn't draft him in ANY leagues because SJ slotted him as C3 to start the year. I blame SJ for this. Damn you.

AUTO-PICKS
    Round 9/10: Bergeron (BOS) & J.Williams (LA).
    Patrice Bergeron... what a season... finished as the #18 overall Yahoo! player. Wow, and I drafted him mostly for +/-. Draft Grade: A+.
    Justin Williams. Williams actually turned it on near end of season when I started benching him. Meh for most of year. Draft Grade: C.

Round 11 & on:
    From here out, my draft was on auto-pilot... and I didn't really find any gems in my auto-draft. Draft Grade (11-25): C-
    David Perron was a pretty nice player & Martin Hanzal too.
    But effin Beauchemin didn't get nearly the PP time I expected.
    I also ditched Chris Kreider after he didn't make the big club... and then wasn't fast enough/rich enough to draft him back to my team when he was hot.

I made two trades with Chinny during the season (the only two trades in the whole league!!!).
    Early on I traded from a strength (HITS) by dealing Chris Neil & Justin Abdelkader for Michael Ryder & Jakob Silfvergerg.
    Silfv got injured just two weeks after I acquired him. Ryder did provide a little boost in offense.

The other trade I made was to deal Callahan/Schenn/Beauchemin (more HITS) for Oliver Ekman-Larsson.
    Again... more offense for HITS.

Both trades were very smart... as I hung on narrowly to win HITS category.

But overall - my auto-draft didn't pull in nearly enough offense and with Zetterberg/Dupuis/Lupul being so injured... I simply didn't have enough offense to compete.
    And when one goalie completely shits the bed (Howard) in a weekly 2G start league... that'll steal 5-10pts away as well.
    I finished 8th... which really wasn't that bad considering 74pts (8th) was only 9pts back of 83pts (3rd).
    PROS: Made two good trades. Finished 1st in HITS. And top five in all three goalie categories: 11(W)-10(GAA)-10(SV). A score of 8 or more in all but two categories!
    CONS: Finished DEAD LAST in Assists (injuries) and PPP (injuries). 1/14 in two categories wouldn't cut it. If I'm simply average (7) in those... and added 12pts gives me a finish of 3rd.

Also - I was proud because I believe I "rostered" the most games through scheduling. Though I had a TON... an absolute TON... of single off-day day-for-day type injuries that I simply couldn't stomach.
    Officially, my skater group finished with 1439 GP... 2nd only to Temek's Last Resort (1444 GP) and just ahead of the active horrorfan's Q&Sid team (1437 GP) and Rimouski (1434 GP).

Good season - I enjoyed it... first time ever for me... finishing in bottom half of league. There goes that piece of pride!

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    My team: KINGS LANDING

Round 1(13)/2(16): Jimmy Howard (DET) & Antti Niemi (SJ)
    I had these guys ranked as #3 & #4 on my goalie list (behind Lundqvist/Rask and ahead of Fleury/ Crawford/ Quick/ Luongo/ Rinne/ Price). As the Red Wings are my 2nd favourite team, I'm ecstatic to have these two guys who should give me 35+ Wins each and project to a top three finish in all three goalie categories (W, SV, GAA). I really believe this is the #1 goalie tandem in this league.
    PICK SCORE: 10/10 [Absolute best values at this spot.]

Round 3(41)/4(44): Anze Kopitar (LA) & Henrik Zetterberg (DET)
    Kopitar is perhaps the most consistent (yearly stats) player in the NHL. Zetterberg finished 8th among skaters with these settings last year. Great start to my offensive stats.
    PICK SCORE: 9/10 [I passed on Byfuglien/ Weber, Bobby Ryan, and Spezza here... who might finish higher]

Round 5(69)/6(72): Ryan Callahan & Zdeno Chara
    I was praying to get one big hitting forward at this turn... and I started worrying when Brown, then Backes, went off the board a few picks before my turn. I'll take Callahan, who ranked 24th last year among skaters in this format. I debated between Chara/Doughty for my D-man. Doughty actually finished higher by rank last year, but only because Chara only managed 4 PPP. With Iginla/Eriksson, that BOS PP should be much better.
    PICK SCORE: 9/10 [I passed on Doughty, Ladd, Sharp, and Voracek here.]

Round 7(97)/8(100): Pascal Dupuis & "King" Joffrey Lupul
    Dupuis actually finished 16th in this format last year. I like Dupuis because I have always known he was a good all-around player since watching him live in Atlanta. "That guy is no throw-in", I told my buddies when PIT got him & Hossa for a stretch run. He'll also be a big + player w/Crosby. Lupul is a top 20 fantasy player by "per game" stats over the last two years. I'll play him while healthy and replace him if/when he goes down.
    PICK SCORE: 9/10 [I passed on Pavelski, B.Richards, PAP, Kadri, Pominville]

***Unfortunately, my mens' league team had a hockey game and I raced out the door at 9:37pm Eastern time, arriving at the rink at 9:41pm for my "already-in-progress" game. We were down 0-1 when I hit the ice and sadly... we got beat... badly. Yeesh.***
    ***AUTO-DRAFTED PICKS (which I tried to pre-rank)***

Round 9(125)/10(128): Patrice Bergeron (BOS) & Justin Williams (LA)
    Well... this was a fine surprise when I checked my roster. Bergeron may be in line for career numbers lining up with either Iginla or Eriksson and always has a dynamite +/-. For anybody that has owned Justin Williams, he is just a model of production and I have NO idea why he is ranked so low. People like sexy... but these guys were EASILY the best player available at this pick.
    PICK SCORE: 10/10 [Passed on J.Staal, Hartnell, Elias, Shattenkirk, JJ, Soupy]

Round 11(153)/12(156): Chris Stewart (STL) & Tomas Plekanec (MON)
    PICK SCORE: 7/10 [Passed on Vrbata!, O'Reilly, Brassard, Tlusty, Gonchar, Markov]

Round 13(181)/14(184): Francois Beauchemin (ANA) & David Perron (STL)
    PICK SCORE: 7/10 [Well... really, these were good picks considering what had just been taken off my queue.]

Round 15(209)/16(212): Lee Stempniak (CGY) & Martin Hanzal (PHO)
    PICK SCORE: 5/10 [I would have preferred Clarkson or Cammalleri over Hanzal].

Round 17(237)/18(240): Chris Phillips (OTT) & Luke Schenn (PHI)
    PICK SCORE: 8/10 [Roman Josi & Ryane Clowe were two guys I would've considered]

Round 19(265)/20(268): Mark Fraser (TOR) & Mark Stuart (WPG)
    Had I been live, I would've been all over Nik Kulemin, Curtis Glencross, and especially Bryan Bickell (an INCREDIBLE value pick).
    PICK SCORE: 1/10 [Just awful, awful picks.]

Round 21(293)/22(296): Chris Neil (OTT) & Justin Abdelkader (DET)
    PICK SCORE: 9/10.

Round 23(321)/24(324): Chris Kreider (NYR) & Matt Greene (LA)
    PICK SCORE: 6/10 [Nichu & Scheifele would've been better "risks" this late.]

Round 25(349): Jay Harrison (CAR)
    PICK SCORE: n/a

OVERALL GRADE: A, forecasted finish: 2nd
    Really please with this draft, especially my live 8 picks.
    The only thing keeping me from giving this draft an A+ is the overload of HITS in mid-late draft and missing out on Radim Vrbata. But my players are all on good teams (takes care of +/-), I have lots of forward scoring (G,A,PPP,SOG) and enough HITS on defense. I think this will be an incredibly good team and I'm expecting a top five finish (90% conf IF no-major injuries) and possible top three finish (50% conf IF NMI). I'm always impressed with temek's draft & horrorfan's autodraft. They'll be good competition. I thought Chinny, Rimouski, and Renegade also drafted very good teams. Timbrrr's got a shot if Elliott emerges as #1.

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Final Standings in the Campbell:

1 Renegade 95
    2 Rimouski Oceanic 88
    3 Last Resort 83
    4 Quatermoss & the Sid 82
    5 Serious Chinny 79
    5 Crazynuck 79
    7 Unknown 75
    8 Kings Landing 74
    9 rattus rattus 67
    10 Mustangs 52.5
    11 Flip-Adelphia 52
    12 Timbrrrr 44
    13 Wade's Team 40.5
    14 Steam Roller 34
    One bad decision cost me third place (or at least joint third). I started Ramo instead of Anderson during the last weekend because I figured he'd have two starts (and playing well for a month) and Anderson only one. That turned out correct, however this is what resulted from it:

Ramo, 2 starts, 8 goals against.
    Anderson, 1 start, shutout.
    Ramo only 10 saves more total which didn't affect the standings. My GAA 2.71 was just behind Chinny's 2.70. Would have been at least one point gained.

Overall I'm pleased how I finished considering I was in the bottom half for most of the first half of the season and only snuck into medal contention in the last couple weeks.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Question, why was I left out of the league last year??

I've been a loyal member of these tiered leagues from the beginning, and last year not even an invite back?? Anybody??
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    Question, why was I left out of the league last year??

I've been a loyal member of these tiered leagues from the beginning, and last year not even an invite back?? Anybody??
    I have no idea but do you remember this thread I started asking about it all (you've posted in it)? It was changed because Dobber backed out and others had to organise them. Once it was decided how it was being done then invites went out, so perhaps contact the assigned commish (if you remember what league you were in) and find out.

http://forums.dobbersports.com/showt...er-Pro-Leagues

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    I have no idea but do you remember this thread I started asking about it all (you've posted in it)? It was changed because Dobber backed out and others had to organise them. Once it was decided how it was being done then invites went out, so perhaps contact the assigned commish (if you remember what league you were in) and find out.

http://forums.dobbersports.com/showt...er-Pro-Leagues
    I was in this one(Campbell), that's why I am replying in this thread.. Just curious to why Z got the boot..??

The Wolverine

I was in this one(Campbell), that's why I am replying in this thread.. Just curious to why Z got the boot..??
    Chinny was commish in our league (Campbell) so you should ask him, or Gates as he helped manage the process. A PM will likely get you more answers. But what I don't know is whether last year's Campbell returnees (from Pro last year) were the same as the previous one, or whether they mixed it up given the change in how it was organised. I would contact both of them.

Ok, I was just wondering.. Nothing can be done now, just curious..

The Wolverine

Ok, I was just wondering.. Nothing can be done now, just curious..
    True, but it might help understand how it was done and why you were missed. And it may help if you wanted to join this year, if it's still happening. I might start another thread about this season.

Dobber Sports Stud

Hey Zorro,
    Im late responding to this but the best i can see is that Gates sent out an email that your name was on (not sure if your email was) that was part of a mass email to everyone eligible to play in the pro leagues. We filled the leagues based on those responses and i am assuming you never responded (or got the email).
    Also if i remember correctly both leagues weren't renewed and possibly started fresh do to the issue of trying to match emails, with team names, with dobber names it was tough to insure the proper people were invited which is where a drop may have happened.
    I have already passed on the league access to Pengwin so hopefully he can get somethign going for the rest of you as i am not able to join this year.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by Chinny View Post
    Hey Zorro,
    I have already passed on the league access to Pengwin so hopefully he can get somethign going for the rest of you as i am not able to join this year.
    Thanks for re-opening!
    But if you don't return... who will trade with me?!?

Dobber Sports Stud

I will consider a return, will have to see how work is over the next couple weeks and when the draft is