Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: E Kane and 2 1st round picks for Yakupov B Schenn

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by gainerama View Post
    Rental players? I think other managers in your league might view that as collusion and cheating.
    Sounds like the other GM wants to use your roster as his farm system and to circumvent roster limitations. Either way you look at it, you stand to lose with this deal in the big picture.
    Not cool, man. Especially if it's to circumvent a keeper rule, and not just a playoff push.

EDIT: quoted the wrong post. still, tread VERY carefully here.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by pianoman View Post
    Not cool, man. Especially if it's to circumvent a keeper rule, and not just a playoff push.

EDIT: quoted the wrong post. still, tread VERY carefully here.
    This type of trade sounds common in this league, the other owners don't have an issue with it. Was talking more with one of the guys today and he said almost every year someone has a trade involving one of their "keeper spots"

I'm still exploring trades, it sounds like I may be able to get Jacob Markstrom for a mid round draft pick, which I'm hoping goes through.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by gainerama View Post
    If you own the other 1st rd pick that might get a top 2 pick, then I would prefer to keep Yakupov and keep one of Mack or Drouin. No need to get too greedy here.
    I have a 5/6 chance of getting Mackinnon or Drouin. last gets 3 entries in lottery 2nd last gets 2 and 3rd gets 1. So if 3rd wins lottery then I fall to third. The owner of the 3 entries would do the trade conditional on one of us winning the lottery, so if I made the trade I'd either have 1st and 2nd, or just 3rd but keep yakupov. Without the trade I'm 5/6 odds of getting 1st or 2nd.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Didn't pull off anything big, don't want to give up Yakupov.

What I have done tonight is trade a 5th round pick for Markstrom, and got a 4th round pick in exchange for a keeper spot, so I'll be dropping my 8th defenseman basically to get Markstrom and a 1 round improvement in a draft pick.