Thread: Damn Autodraft! Drowning in Goalies

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Damn Autodraft! Drowning in Goalies

Draft was tonight. Technical screw up auto-drafted the ranking list I had up there and when the smoke cleared, my first 6 picks were goalies.

Rask (keeper)
    Price
    Anderson
    Ward
    Dubnyk
    Nabokov
    Bishop

A bunch of trades have already come in for Ward...Hartnell straight up from one and Landeskog straight up from another. Goalie stats below, but disregard players on team in sig.

If you were to trade one away between Price, Ward or Anderson, who would it be? Don't think I could get much for the others.

Thanks
    8 Team H2H 4 Keepers, Roster of 20
    Nightly Lineup: Play 12 (6-7F, 4D, 1-2G)
    Stats: G(4), A(2), +/-(1), SOG(.5), PIM(.5), PPG(1), SHG(2), GWG(2), SHOG(1), W(5), SO(5), SVs(.2)

F: Neal, Eberle, Benn, Wheeler, MacKinnon, Marleau, Huberdeau, Lucic, Silfverberg, Hartnell, Stepan
    D: DelZotto, Edler, Green, Wideman
    G: Rask, Price, Dubnyk, Nabokov, Fasth

Dobber Sports Sage

If you have all the Gs there must be some teams who are in trouble at that position. I think you could move most of those extra guys, they are all starting goalies, you might not get that much but I would think they have some trade value.

I would trade Ward from that trio.

Administrator

Do the math on your league in terms of fantasy points. If you aren't getting better numbers out of the skater you are receiving then don't deal any of these goalies. You've got time to be patient.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Novice

The thing is, we can only start 2 goalies at most each night. Even if I keep 4 Goalies, and using the Same Night Tool, there will still be a lot of nights where I am sitting 2 G's and not getting points. Was thinking of picking up a 5th D (Green) for one of them (Anderson or Price is asking). Some points from a D are better than 0 from a G sitting, right?

I do I keep for insurance? Can't really get much in the way of defensemen from other owners for Dubnyk or Naby.
    8 Team H2H 4 Keepers, Roster of 20
    Nightly Lineup: Play 12 (6-7F, 4D, 1-2G)
    Stats: G(4), A(2), +/-(1), SOG(.5), PIM(.5), PPG(1), SHG(2), GWG(2), SHOG(1), W(5), SO(5), SVs(.2)

F: Neal, Eberle, Benn, Wheeler, MacKinnon, Marleau, Huberdeau, Lucic, Silfverberg, Hartnell, Stepan
    D: DelZotto, Edler, Green, Wideman
    G: Rask, Price, Dubnyk, Nabokov, Fasth

Administrator

You'll need to make a deal eventually but scrambling to do so for negative value only reinforces the negative of your autodraft. Make sure you are extracting maximum value because I'm sure there are teams hurting in goal. And it's H2H, so you can punt the first two weeks while you sort out your goaltending.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg