Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: 2013/14 Dobber Expert League

Administrator

Default Re: 2013/14 Dobber Expert League

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    You guys got smoked... didn't ya!
    Excuses, excuses.
    You could at least point to some injuries if ya had a bad year!
    Yup, but it happens every year. I miss one deadline and then I'm out emotionally.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    Yup, but it happens every year. I miss one deadline and then I'm out emotionally.
    The draft was so fun although a distant memory. I was definitely involved emotionally when we were daring people to draft Bouillon and Theodore in the last rounds.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Ninja

I will say that for me ever put in an honest effort in this league some things are going to have to change. The whole set your lineups by Wednesday for Thursday thing cripples me. I miss one or two deadlines and I give up.
    I agree, I can't tell you how many deadlines for both FA's and lineups I missed in this league this year. I even managed to use up the last of my FA money on 3 bids in the last week...and then missed the deadline to put them in my line up for Thursday!

I'll disagree that picking at the top is a "huge" advantage, but it doesn't hurt getting a Malkin like I did, but I could have easily taken Stamkos and been hooped.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    I'll disagree that picking at the top is a "huge" advantage, but it doesn't hurt getting a Malkin like I did, but I could have easily taken Stamkos and been hooped.
    I wasn't being serious about that. Just happened to work out that way this year.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Administrator

My first two picks were Rinne and Letang. Might as well have skipped the first two rounds before showing up.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I wasn't being serious about that. Just happened to work out that way this year.
    Ahhh, gotcha! Hard to hear the sarchasm over the interweb thingy.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    My first two picks were Rinne and Letang. Might as well have skipped the first two rounds before showing up.
    Ouch Eric! Yeah, say good night Gracie!

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Ouch Eric! Yeah, say good night Gracie!
    The worst part is they didn't miss their games due to common injuries like a torn ACL or bad back or concussion. It was a stroke and a blood infection.

The Wolverine

Don't know if this has been discussed before but perhaps you could have a vote to change it to daily lineups? Was it set as weekly because some people had less time? Or another reason? I prefer daily with max games so I wouldn't object if the Pro league was changed, but willing to continue with the current settings. Also, why would the Expert have a Wednesday deadline (for Thursday lineups) and the Pros have a Thursday deadline (for Friday lineups)? What are the reasons for these dates?

Dobber Sports Ninja

The weekly line-ups were something Dobber insisted on due to his schedule being so full. I think once we get all the people who are in this next year and ask if there are any issues with going to a daily line-up, I doubt we get much, if any dissenters.