Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tarasenko or Scheifele

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Tarasenko or Scheifele

On long term upside, would you take Tarasenko or Scheifele ???
    2014 Champion
    2015 Champion

18 teams league, G ; A ; Pts ; PIM ; +/- ; Wins ; %.
    22 players max/ team but only 8F 4D 2G are used each week.
    Farm or/and 2 way contract: 8F, 4D, 2G

Team
    F- S.Crosby, A.Ovechkin, J.Thornton, T.Johnson, N.Bjugstad, Radulov, Nyquist, R.Strome, Drouin
    D- Faulk, Klingberg, Shattenkirk, Stralman, Gardiner, J.Morrow
    G- Rask, Talbot,

Farm
    Nichushkin, Dvorak, Poirier, N.Ritchie, D.Pouliot, Zadorov, Kuemper, M.Murray, Hackett

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by haze_tech View Post
    On long term upside, would you take Tarasenko or Scheifele ???
    If it's a HITS/PIM type of league, I'd take Scheifele. If not, Tarasenko.
    League:Fantrax 18 Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G)
    Cats:G, A, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, H+B, FOW, S, SV%, W, GAA

C: Backstrom,Giroux,MacKinnon,Seguin
    W:
    D.Brown,Hartnell,Hossa,P.Kane
    Kesler,Marleau,Perron,Zibanejad

D: Boyle,Del Zotto,Doughty,D.Hamilton,Hedman,Markov
    G: Rinne
    Bench: Braun,Comeau, Demers,DeHaan,Polak,Stempniak,Wingels --Fleury

Dobber Sports Master

Points only, you take the Russian. Multi-cat and I gotta go with the Jets prospect.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Padawan

I'd take Scheifele.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Any Russian is a KHL flight risk at this point if they turn out to be good enough. I dont like the St. Louis situation either. Long term I'd gamble on Scheifele.
    10 Team Limited Keeper (Keep 8) Points Only
    SALARY CAP (Player Salaries) League
    20 Player Teams = 12 Fwd 6 D 2 G

My team: ???

Dobber Sports Superstar

Yep, Scheifle for me as well.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Genius

I'd just go with Scheifele.
    You've got the KHL factor, the Hitchcock factor and a deep forward roster in St. Lous.
    Scheifele should soon be cemented as Kane's centerman, and he's looking strong and ready for the NHL this year. I think he looks fantastic. He may not pile on the points immediately, but the production will definitely come.

Dobber Sports Veteran

This questions is a complete joke. Tarasenko is going to be an elite superstar while Scheifele is lucky to become an above average top line center. I would take Tarasenko over 3 Scheifeles. This is not even a little bit close and this is not up for debate. Haters are going to hate Tarasenko because he's Russian and on the Blues but IMO there would have to be something seriously wrong with you to ever consider Scheifele ahead of Tarasenko.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Mattp913 View Post
    This questions is a complete joke. Tarasenko is going to be an elite superstar while Scheifele is lucky to become an above average top line center. I would take Tarasenko over 3 Scheifeles. This is not even a little bit close and this is not up for debate. Haters are going to hate Tarasenko because he's Russian and on the Blues but IMO there would have to be something seriously wrong with you to ever consider Scheifele ahead of Tarasenko.
    Wow, ignorant post of the day? Congrats, Matt!

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeFilly View Post
    Wow, ignorant post of the day? Congrats, Matt!
    I think these people know more than you....

But go ahead and take their #33 prospect ahead of their #1 prospect. Very smart and savvy

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospec...2012-13/page/4

Dobber Sports Stud

I would go Scheifele too, based on his opportunity.
    He might have a bit less upside than Tarasenko, but more factors are indicating he will reach his potential. Also, I like the way the Jets have managed his progression so far, bringing him slowly. He won't have the burden of carrying the offense, and a split situation between 2C and 3C (with Jokinen) should ease him in his role. Him and Evander Kane should be a good fit down the road.

I like Tarasenko's upside. He's got mad skills, but I think we should be cautious...
    Lots of people in my league were blinded by his couple of highlight goals at the beginning of last season. As long as Hitchcock is on board, it's gonna be difficult for a player to explode offensively. The coach relies a LOT on two-way players like Backes, Oshie, etc... What happened the last few years to offensively gifted prospects with this deep forward group situation?
    Berglund - never reached the promised land
    Perron - gone
    Stewart - not at the same level compared to Colorado
    Now, Tarasenko could leap over everybody and be that elite player. But the point is lots of factors are going against him at the moment.

As for Mattp's comment...
    I've learned quickly not to give any consideration to his black or white approach.
    Points-only keeper league. 12 teams. Keep any 12 players. Dress 12F - 6D - 2G.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by rufio.85 View Post
    I would go Scheifele too, based on his opportunity.
    He might have a bit less upside than Tarasenko, but more factors are indicating he will reach his potential. Also, I like the way the Jets have managed his progression so far, bringing him slowly. He won't have the burden of carrying the offense, and a split situation between 2C and 3C (with Jokinen) should ease him in his role. Him and Evander Kane should be a good fit down the road.

I like Tarasenko's upside. He's got mad skills, but I think we should be cautious...
    Lots of people in my league were blinded by his couple of highlight goals at the beginning of last season. As long as Hitchcock is on board, it's gonna be difficult for a player to explode offensively. The coach relies a LOT on two-way players like Backes, Oshie, etc... What happened the last few years to offensively gifted prospects with this deep forward group situation?
    Berglund - never reached the promised land
    Perron - gone
    Stewart - not at the same level compared to Colorado
    Now, Tarasenko could leap over everybody and be that elite player. But the point is lots of factors are going against him at the moment.

As for Mattp's comment...
    I've learned quickly not to give any consideration to his black or white approach.
    lol please take Hockey Futures 33rd ranked prospect over their 1st ranked prospect. My black and white approach on this one is just agreeing with the experts that know A LOT more than you or anyone else that posted on this

Dobber Sports Icon

while i wouldnt take Tank over 3 Schefs i would take him over the one thats gonna play this year.

i would think that IF there were any interest by the KHL for Tank he would have taken it already...no?

there isnt exactly a TON of elite talent on STL in Tanks way, but i still like thier talent better than the stuff in WPG.

Tank>Schef
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Michkov, Quinn, Perfetti(C,LW), Foerster, Kakko
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Mintyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR-

Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Dobber Sports Genius

Go big or go home! Tarasenko for me, and i'm a proud owner. Don't buy into the KHL talk.
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Stud

lol please take Hockey Futures 33rd ranked prospect over their 1st ranked prospect. My black and white approach on this one is just agreeing with the experts that know A LOT more than you or anyone else that posted on this
    If fantasy hockey was that easy, then everyone would follow Hockey's Future and your list that dates from before the 2012-2013 season. But since this is a forum and the people contributing to it are way more knowledgable than you would think, well the OP is looking for opinions. You are entitled to your own... but everytime I read one of your posts, it feels like a 15 year old boy is screaming on MSN or FB messenger.

For the record, I think Tarasenko is an amazing player and he could very well be a way better option than Scheifele when all is said and done.
    Points-only keeper league. 12 teams. Keep any 12 players. Dress 12F - 6D - 2G.