Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Clutterbuck will miss "extended time"

Dobber Sports Veteran

Not to hijack the thread, but does anyone have any idea what line he should be playing on? I'm trying to gauge if I should be dropping Perron for him; depends on how many G/A I'll likely be sacrificing for Clutter's hits. I drafted him under the assumption he should be getting more ice time and better linemates with NY than he did in Minnesota. Safe to still assume that?

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by jcairns View Post
    Not to hijack the thread, but does anyone have any idea what line he should be playing on? I'm trying to gauge if I should be dropping Perron for him; depends on how many G/A I'll likely be sacrificing for Clutter's hits. I drafted him under the assumption he should be getting more ice time and better linemates with NY than he did in Minnesota. Safe to still assume that?
    I think he likely starts on the 3rd line especially given that he's coming off an injury that would reduce mobility. However, if Okposo doesn't gel on the 1st line I think Clutterbuck might get a try up there. Clutterbuck would be able to create a lot of room for Tavares and Moulson to operate and is a solid power forward, unlike some goons out there that just hit. Clutterbuck did play junior with Tavares for what that's worth (not much I'd say).

I'd project him in te 40-45 points range with a sleeper upside of 55 if he can get any traction on the top line. I would be very reluctant to drop Perron at this point, he has looked really good in Edmonton and is the power forward that top-6 needs. I'd probably prefer to drop either Clowe or Brouwer before I dropped Perron.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by LawMan View Post
    I think he likely starts on the 3rd line especially given that he's coming off an injury that would reduce mobility. However, if Okposo doesn't gel on the 1st line I think Clutterbuck might get a try up there. Clutterbuck would be able to create a lot of room for Tavares and Moulson to operate and is a solid power forward, unlike some goons out there that just hit. Clutterbuck did play junior with Tavares for what that's worth (not much I'd say).

I'd project him in te 40-45 points range with a sleeper upside of 55 if he can get any traction on the top line. I would be very reluctant to drop Perron at this point, he has looked really good in Edmonton and is the power forward that top-6 needs. I'd probably prefer to drop either Clowe or Brouwer before I dropped Perron.
    Thanks for the input. Clowe is definitely getting dropped as he is last on my depth chart, but that only makes room for one (I have letang on IR as well). To make room for clutterbuck it would likely have to be Perron or grabovski. Brouwer remains a candidate as well but his ability to produce across the board in my league settings make him pretty valuable.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Oh my, wasn't expecting him back quite this quick - hmmm, time for a little IR juggling, methinks. Hope he comes back ready to hit everything in sight.

Dobber Sports Guru

He is back in tonight

NYIslanders ‏@NYIslanders 17s
    Capuano: Cal Clutterbuck WILL play tonight. #Isles

Dobber Sports Guru

And will likely get a shot on the top line right off the bat

Moulson on his way to Chicago after the birth of his son: Capuano says game time decision on Moulson.
    If Moulson can't play, Cal Clutterbuck will likely slide up and make his NHL debut alongside former OHL teammate John Tavares.

Dobber Sports Pro

thank you! love this!
    12 teams, Yahoo H2H, daily, keep 5.

3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 5BN, IR+
    G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SA, SV%, SHO

C: McDavid, MacKinnon, Eichel, Pettersson
    LW: M.Tkachuk (+RW), Zucker (+RW), Coleman (+RW), N.Foligno (+C)
    RW: Kucherov, Svechnikov (+LW), W.Nylander (+C), Kassian
    D: Karlsson, Hughes,Doughty, Ekblad, Hronek, McNabb, Cernak
    G: Lehner, Grubauer, Francouz
    IR+:

Dobber Sports Veteran

Yes! Thanks for the updates everyone. Praying his wife is in labour for days and then ends up having triplets and that moulson decides he needs to help and can't play hockey anymore, thus giving the Clubber the line 1 spot.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by jcairns View Post
    Yes! Thanks for the updates everyone. Praying his wife is in labour for days and then ends up having triplets and that moulson decides he needs to help and can't play hockey anymore, thus giving the Clubber the line 1 spot.
    A further update. Moulson's son has already been born and Moulson is on his way to Chicago today. Per espn player tracker:

Moulson tweeted Friday morning that he was on his way to Chicago after welcoming a healthy son into his family, so he seems likely to play, but the Isles won't make that determination until closer to game time.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by LawMan View Post
    A further update. Moulson's son has already been born and Moulson is on his way to Chicago today. Per espn player tracker:
    So... are you sure two more won't be poppin' out?