Thread: Big draft finished: How'd I do?

Dobber Sports Veteran

Question Big draft finished: How'd I do?

Keepers from last year in bold. League settings in signature. How am I looking?

C: Stamkos, Seguin (RW), RNH, Lecavalier, Ribeiro, Dubinsky (LW)
    LW: Nash (RW), Moulson, Parise, Pacioretty, Clowe (RW)
    RW: Perry, Read, Wheeler, Brouwer, Clutterbuck

D: Letang, Voynov, Burns (RW), Schultz, Faulk, Girardi, Dillon

G: Rask, Niemi, Miller

Dobber Sports Ninja

Looks pretty good. The only thing I noticed was that for an 8 team league, your Defense is a little light on scoring. Obviously Letang, Schultz and Burns are studs. Voynov and Girardi are probably going to have a decent seasons, but Faulk and Dillon are far from locks.

How many D slots are there?

Who are the best of the non-drafted?
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Looks pretty good. The only thing I noticed was that for an 8 team league, your Defense is a little light on scoring. Obviously Letang, Schultz and Burns are studs. Voynov and Girardi are probably going to have a decent seasons, but Faulk and Dillon are far from locks.

How many D slots are there?

Who are the best of the non-drafted?
    Here's the top 25. Still some studs like Carle available, but I try to draft my D for all peripheral categories as well (S, Hits, Blocks), except for Schultz because he's just a champ. Campbell is always available in our league because his +/- literally makes you lose in that category week after week.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I can't see any league setup where Campbell and Enstrom are worse than Faulk and Dillon, even with +/-

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    I can't see any league setup where Campbell and Enstrom are worse than Faulk and Dillon, even with +/-
    I would disagree though that in that my defense are low-scoring. I don't see how having Letang, Schultz, Burns, and Voynov makes for a low-scoring blue line.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by jcairns View Post
    I would disagree though that in that my defense are low-scoring. I don't see how having Letang, Schultz, Burns, and Voynov makes for a low-scoring blue line.
    If you add Campbell and Enstrom over Dillon and Girardi your defense would be amazing but if you leave them off it is low scoring compared to what it could be
    BEER RULES - 16 team H2H keeper. Dress: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G Reserve: 5; 20 farm players
    Stats: G, A, STP, +/-, GWG+, H+B, PIM, W, SV, SV%, SO
    C: Hischer, Zib, J.Hughes
    LW: Guentzel, Svechnikov
    RW: Bratt, Pastrnak
    D: Hamilton, Weegar
    G: Merzlikins, Samsonov, Murray
    Rookies: Too many awesome prospects to list

Yahoo - Keep 3, 12 team H2H.
    Stats: G, A, PTS, +/-, PPP, SHP, PIM, GWG, HIT, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO
    Keepers: Zibanejed, Connor, Svechnikov

Twitter for this Associate editor at DobberProspects: @FHPQuinn

I can't list my 2nd main keeper as there are too many players, but it is a keep all H2H points-only league

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Rodgort View Post
    If you add Campbell and Enstrom over Dillon and Girardi your defense would be amazing but if you leave them off it is low scoring compared to what it could be
    Girardi has no business being dropped in our league. He is a beast in the peripherals, especially blocks (albeit, this may drop slightly with Torts being shipped to Vancouver)

Dobber Sports Demi-God

8-team leagues are really tough to evaluate.
    Overall though, I'd guess this will be a top three team.
    Looks strong.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    8-team leagues are really tough to evaluate.
    Overall though, I'd guess this will be a top three team.
    Looks strong.
    Thanks for the input. Do you have an opinion regarding my defense (agree/disagree with the others?)

Dobber Sports Initiate

I like your forwards aside from Read, but not sure who else is available.

As for you D - it looks like you already have quite a bit of hits with your FW's, so like others have said I think Dillon and Faulk are replaceable. I would keep Girardi though as he's a solid multi-cat guy.

I would take Campbell and Carle over those 2. Campbell's still their best Dman and I think his +/- will be a lot better this year especially if Thomas is in net. Either way, Florida should be pretty good this year.

Carle is the man in TB and blocks a lot of shots and should be good for around 40 pts. Pretty solid and very safe.
    24 GM – 3 Tier Salary Cap Roto Dynasty League + Roto Playoffs (Keep 32 of 35)
    G, A, +/-, PIM, SOG, STP, HITS, BS, W, GAA, SV | 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 1G

C - Crosby, W.Nylander, Kempe, B.Howden, Wallmark, Z.Sanford, Newhook
    LW - Ovechkin, Vrana, S.Bennett, Lehkonen, Aston-Reese, T.Benson, S.Poulin
    RW - JT.Miller, Coleman, Gourde, Dzingel, Tippett, Volkov
    D - Klingberg, Chabot, Slavin, Matheson, Chychrun, Sanheim, D.Toews, E.Bouchard, Cholowski
    G - J.Gibson, DeSmith, Sparks, Luukkonen, Starrett

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by iamlilc View Post
    I like your forwards aside from Read, but not sure who else is available.

As for you D - it looks like you already have quite a bit of hits with your FW's, so like others have said I think Dillon and Faulk are replaceable. I would keep Girardi though as he's a solid multi-cat guy.

I would take Campbell and Carle over those 2. Campbell's still their best Dman and I think his +/- will be a lot better this year especially if Thomas is in net. Either way, Florida should be pretty good this year.

Carle is the man in TB and blocks a lot of shots and should be good for around 40 pts. Pretty solid and very safe.
    Just noticed Vrbata somehow slipped through the draft, so he's still available and I'll probably drop Read for him. I'll lose a bit of blocks, but gain in points. Purcell is available as well.

Dobber Sports Pro

pick up Enstrom and the soup drop Dillion Faulk. You can always pick up a d that hits on the wire.
    Year 18 keeper pool. 10 GM roto pool. Keep 2 Centers, 3 Wings,3 Defence,1 Goalie,1 extra. and Prospects up to 5 years after drafted if not activated.
    G, A ,PPG, PPA, Shots, Hits, Blocks, SHP,W, GAA, Sv%, SO ( goals and assist are worth 1.5 points) (shp worth .5)

Centers: S Aho, J.T Miller

Wings: M.Tkachuk, A.Svechnikov, Fiala, Giroux

Defence: Josi,Makar,Chychrun

Goalie: Georgiev

(IR)

Farm: Byfield, Byram, Mercer, Lundkvist Frost, Boldy, Comtois, Fabbro, Nemec , Barlow, Carlsson, Dvorsky,

2015 & 2016 BPKL CHAMPS!

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Savages View Post
    pick up Enstrom and the soup drop Dillion Faulk. You can always pick up a d that hits on the wire.
    The problem I have with Enstrom is he hardly shoots or hits, and has missed considerable time his past 3 years. Do you really think he will outproduce Faulk this year?

Also, who is soup? Never heard this nickname if that's what it is.