Thread: Karma

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Karma

How does a guy (cincypalmer) get -5 Karmas with only 12 posts? Is it because he called Hemsky a bandaid boy? I thought Karmas were for good advice and/or a good post. If you make an ass of yourself then you get the minus. A guy should never be that far in the hole.

I can\'t do much but here is one from me cincy.

Dobber can you wipe cincypalmer\'s slate clean?

If a guy is going to get smacked for speaking something different then the mainstream guys are going to be afraid to say what they believe. Personally, I\'d rather hear as much advice as I could from BOTH sides of an issue before making my life or death fantasy hockey decision.

cincypalmer
    User
    Fantasy Newby
    \"Great minds think alike or fools never differ\" Which is it going to be?

Post edited by: WhatThePuck?, at: 2007/07/13 10:18

blindedbyfear

Default Re:Karma

Allow me to interject here.

While I had nothing to do with shooting cincypalmer down, I don\'t think it had anything to do with the Hemsky thread.

If you look in the same forum, there\'s a thread about Tuomo Ruutu where cincypalmer states that Ruutu is a ***** and will always be a *****. And I noticed last night that after he posted that comment that his karma decreased steadily and quickly. I was not in possession of a karma shot at the time, and my first inclination when reading his comment was to shoot him down one. And I haven\'t done that before to anyone, even people who I significantly disagree with on some issues.

I believe most of us have been, or are, members of other boards where the discourse is considerately more juvenile than this one. I\'ve been a member of a certain other hockey message board for a long time and I have maybe a couple of hundred posts. Look how many I have here already.

And while good/bad karma can be a double-edged sword, I think it can be a way to try and keep really stupid things from happening.

Obviously I wouldn\'t want to be getting negative karma because I disagree with people, and I don\'t give it to people that I disagree with, however I don\'t think in this case that cincypalmer\'s negative karma is unwarranted.

If anything, it should show him that perhaps instead of saying things such as \"Tuomo Ruutu is a *****\" that he should say \"Tuomo Ruutu is injured entirely too often for me to think he is a viable long-term keeper pool candidate\".

Then maybe he will put a stopgap between his brain and his mouth, and try and contribute a little more, or at least think somewhat before he types. And I bet most here would be proud of him for that, and he\'d end up with pretty good karma, and a lot better reputation in the long run, and maybe he\'d grow up a little bit, or a lot.

It takes a village, or, at the very least, an internet hockey message board.

Call me old, call me cranky, call me both. But that\'s my opinion. And I don\'t think it has anything to do with censorship.

Post edited by: blindedbyfear, at: 2007/07/13 10:28

Dobber Sports Stud

I did notice the \'negative karma\'. It didn\'t surprise me really. There had been a couple of posts that offered nothing other than to \'slam\' Hemsky and then Ruutu.

Maybe Cincy has achieved what he/she wants to achieve.

For me, I desregard his/her comments. They don\'t offer anything.

Post edited by: hockeylifer, at: 2007/07/13 10:56

Dobber Sports Apprentice

blindedbyfear wrote:
    Allow me to interject here.

While I had nothing to do with shooting cincypalmer down, I don\'t think it had anything to do with the Hemsky thread.

If you look in the same forum, there\'s a thread about Tuomo Ruutu where cincypalmer states that Ruutu is a ***** and will always be a *****. And I noticed last night that after he posted that comment that his karma decreased steadily and quickly. I was not in possession of a karma shot at the time, and my first inclination when reading his comment was to shoot him down one. And I haven\'t done that before to anyone, even people who I significantly disagree with on some issues.

I believe most of us have been, or are, members of other boards where the discourse is considerately more juvenile than this one. I\'ve been a member of a certain other hockey message board for a long time and I have maybe a couple of hundred posts. Look how many I have here already.

And while good/bad karma can be a double-edged sword, I think it can be a way to try and keep really stupid things from happening.

Obviously I wouldn\'t want to be getting negative karma because I disagree with people, and I don\'t give it to people that I disagree with, however I don\'t think in this case that cincypalmer\'s negative karma is unwarranted.

If anything, it should show him that perhaps instead of saying things such as \"Tuomo Ruutu is a *****\" that he should say \"Tuomo Ruutu is injured entirely too often for me to think he is a viable long-term keeper pool candidate\".

Then maybe he will put a stopgap between his brain and his mouth, and try and contribute a little more, or at least think somewhat before he types. And I bet most here would be proud of him for that, and he\'d end up with pretty good karma, and a lot better reputation in the long run, and maybe he\'d grow up a little bit, or a lot.

It takes a village, or, at the very least, an internet hockey message board.

Call me old, call me cranky, call me both. But that\'s my opinion. And I don\'t think it has anything to do with censorship.<br><br>Post edited by: blindedbyfear, at: 2007/07/13 10:28
    blindedbyfear, good post. If I had a karma to give you would get it (maybe in 6hrs). Well thought out arguments, which is what I look for. I never read the Ruutu post. He is another bandaid boy in my books. A ***** he is not. He gets hurt by playing hard.

As for the Karma I don\'t give minus karma points for juvenile posts. I just tend to ignore & skip over those members\' posts. I have given negative karmas before. I\'ll be honest, I gave one to Lanky when him & repenttokyo got into a \"heated discussion\" awhile back & it got a tad personal. (Sorry Lanks but you deserved that one)

What I am saying is that a -5 karma with only 12 posts is a bit extreme. If cincy\'s idea is to piss people off & see how much negativity he can generate then doesn\'t giving him negative karmas just encourages him to post more? He\'s been shown the stick what about the carrot?

Cincy, if your plan is to piss guys off I\'m sorry I stepped to the plate for you and you\'ve made your point so the juvenile posts can stop. If you are here to discuss hockey then take this as a lesson learned. Criticism breeds resentment, constructive criticism
    leads to helpful discussions.

This is one of the best boards I\'ve been on and I\'d like to keep it this way. Kudos to the Admins & members for the way it has run so far.

Post edited by: WhatThePuck?, at: 2007/07/13 12:00

I...am your father.

Positive karma for all. Cincypalmer back up to zero!
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi