Thread: Help me land Crosby!

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Help me land Crosby!

Crosby's owner told me that he is ready to move him. Their is 3 players in my team that he likes: Giroux, Perry and Big-Buff but he hasn't said nothing more. What would offer to land Crosby?

Not sure I can let go of Buff in our format. Is Crosby so much better over other fwd that Big-Buff over other D man? (D goals count for 2).
    10 team Keepers league 18 man roster (+1 UFA-FCFS)/protect 13. Auto Count top 6 Fwd, 3 def and 1 keeper. Points only(def goals = 2pts). (Potential keepers in Bold)

Fwd: S.Crosby, N.Backstrom, E.Malkin, J.Tavares, C.Giroux, E.Lindholm, C.Keller, D.Larkin , A.Radulov, S.Reinhart, J.Puljujarvi,K.Yamamoto

Def: E.Karlsson, D.Byfuglien, S.Theodore, M.Heiskanen,C.Mcavoy,

Goalies: T.RaskC.Talbot

Runner-Up 2016-17
    Winner 2015-16
    Winner 2014-15
    Winner 2013-14
    Runner-Up 2012-13
    Winner 2011-12

Dobber Sports Veteran

Offer Giroux +Perry
    Then you could keep Crosby,Malkin,Backstrom,Sedin,Datsyuk,Parise,Eberl e,Ribeiro,Karlsson,Byuf,Schultz,Streit,Crawford

Dobber Sports Deity

If he is telling you he likes Giroux, Perry and Buff then I would start by offering one of either Giroux or Perry and a lesser quality skater, say someone like Eberle.

Something like Giroux and Eberle for Crosby or Perry and Eberle for Crosby. To me, the best offer you should give him would be both Perry and Giroux. You don't want to start with your best offer. That should be your last offer, not your first. If you like Eberle, then pick someone else of similar quality to him to add to your offer instead.

With your settings, I wouldn't want to lose Buff either.

Good luck.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Superstar

If you want Crosby - then you have to pay the piper. Offer Perry and Eberle to start, see what he says. If i have Crosby and someone wants him, then they are going to pay for him.
    Crosby could outscore Perry by 40pts. If you want Crosby then you will probably have to give up Buff.
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by supertoad View Post
    Crosby's owner told me that he is ready to move him. Their is 3 players in my team that he likes: Giroux, Perry and Big-Buff but he hasn't said nothing more. What would offer to land Crosby?

Not sure I can let go of Buff in our format. Is Crosby so much better over other fwd that Big-Buff over other D man? (D goals count for 2).
    What does his team look like? It would be helpful to see just where his holes are, and what he needs...

Dobber Sports Prodigy

He does have some holes...his team is as follow:

Antti Niemi
    Blake Wheeler
    Braden Holtby
    Dion Phaneuf
    Erik Cole
    Francois Beauchemin
    Jake Gardiner
    Jason Garrison
    Jonathan Toews
    Joni Pitkanen
    Lubomir Visnovsky
    Marc-Andre Fleury
    Max Pacioretty
    Niklas Kronwall
    Patrice Bergeron
    Paul Martin
    Paul Stastny
    Ryan Getzlaf
    Sidney Crosby
    Tyler Ennis
    10 team Keepers league 18 man roster (+1 UFA-FCFS)/protect 13. Auto Count top 6 Fwd, 3 def and 1 keeper. Points only(def goals = 2pts). (Potential keepers in Bold)

Fwd: S.Crosby, N.Backstrom, E.Malkin, J.Tavares, C.Giroux, E.Lindholm, C.Keller, D.Larkin , A.Radulov, S.Reinhart, J.Puljujarvi,K.Yamamoto

Def: E.Karlsson, D.Byfuglien, S.Theodore, M.Heiskanen,C.Mcavoy,

Goalies: T.RaskC.Talbot

Runner-Up 2016-17
    Winner 2015-16
    Winner 2014-15
    Winner 2013-14
    Runner-Up 2012-13
    Winner 2011-12

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    If he is telling you he likes Giroux, Perry and Buff then I would start by offering one of either Giroux or Perry and a lesser quality skater, say someone like Eberle.

Something like Giroux and Eberle for Crosby or Perry and Eberle for Crosby. To me, the best offer you should give him would be both Perry and Giroux. You don't want to start with your best offer. That should be your last offer, not your first. If you like Eberle, then pick someone else of similar quality to him to add to your offer instead.

With your settings, I wouldn't want to lose Buff either.

Good luck.
    ^^Sound advice

Dobber Sports Padawan

I would offer him:

Perry
    Either Sedin or Datysuk
    & Buff

...overpayment but you'd win longterm. Try and keep Giroux while still obtaining Crosby...that'd be HUGE.
    Yahoo League #1 - H2H Keep 21
    [F] Tkachuk, Barkov, A Svechnikov, Kaprizov, DeBrincat, Scheifele, RNH, Suzuki, Laine, Kakko, Cozens
    [D] Makar, Hughes, Nurse, Chabot, Byram
    [G] Hart, Shesterkin, Lehner, Helle

Yahoo League #2 - H2H Keep 22
    [F] MacKinnon, Guentzel, DeBrincat, EP40, Gaudreau, Barzal, Hughes, Laine, Garland, Norris, Batherson, Farabee
    [D] Hedman, MacAvoy, Nurse, Chabot, Pionk, Byram
    [G] Nedeljkovic, Smith, Gustavsson, Murray