Thread: Pick 2 out of 3, Nash, Stepan and Pietroangelo

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Pick 2 out of 3, Nash, Stepan and Pietroangelo

Keeper league 23 players with salary cap. Multi cat scoring with emphasis on points,+/- also big factor Keep 13 players from last year and re draft 10. Must have 9 forwards,6 defence man and 1 goalie in our lineup. Each player slot has 82 games. My keepers are OV, Giroux, Spezza, Couture, Strome, Coyle on forward. Karlsson, Voynov, Faulk, Reilly on Defence. Lehner in Goal.

I know i need a goalie, there will be lots available. i have some prospects that i want to keep as you see. I have the 1st overall pick. Cap is 64.3 and I have spent 37 with the 11 I listed above(need between 3.5 and 6 for a goalie)

Which 2 out of the 3 assuming Stepan signs for 3.5.

Nash at 7.8
    Stepan at 3.5
    Pietroangelo at 5

Help
    Thx

Dobber Sports Veteran

Nash

Pietrangelo

Stepan

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Nash is too pricey here - with 10 more players to sign you can hardly spend 14M on your last two keepers. MacKinnon is going to cost you 3.8. So you should be sitting around 12M for the last 9 players you want to sign - you want to sign some quality, so I just don't see you getting the value out of Nash.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

assuming Stepan signs, I like him more than Nash. You're points not goals, right? and even if not, you count +/-.

Stepan got more points and double the +/- of Nash last year. Nash has a big name, but he's usually one of those guys whose name carries more weight than it should IMO. He's not Crosby or Ovechkin.

Add to all this that Stepan may well be Nash's centre again, and at only a little more than the price for Nash you could get Stepan and Pietrangelo.

No brainer for me - I pick Stepan!

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I concur with Shoeless and Krysmo.
    10 Team, 27 Player (9 Fwds, 6 D-men, 2 Goalies, 10 Taxi Spots), Points Only Keeper League

Fwds: Malkin, Stamkos, Toews, Kessel, Benn, Elias, Kunitz, Roy, Berglund, Ennis, Stepan, Purcell, Tanguay, Ladd, Bennett
    D-Men: Campbell, Enstrom, Byfuglien, Goligoski, Del Zotto, Visnovsky, Hamhuis, Souray, Brodin
    Goalies: Miller, Rinne, Ward, Crawford

The Great One

I also like Stepan more if he signs, especially if it is a bridge contract at a lower cap hit.

And FYI: AP has signed; I don't think you have his number listed correctly?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

In our League the salary of a entry player is .925 for 3 years not his cap hit. Mackinnon will be my pick (1st overall) at the entry level salary. Pietroangelo's contract from what i have read will start at 5 and increase from there( same as Karlsson's).

So everybody has said keep Pietro, which i agree with, as Defence in our league are more difficult to obtain or replace than forwards and he is a stud for and will anchor my D with Karlsson for years to come.

Last year Nash had 145 pool points and Stepan had 141. Not much of a difference especially if i am correct and Stepan signs for somewhere around 3.5, that will mean a 4 million dollar savings in cap space. Can Stepan repeat his performance?

I have a good chance to win this year and with the system in NY everyone is saying this could be Nash's best year. So do i keep Stepan and use the salary towards other players or go Nash and hope some of the players(cheap) i draft can make a impact?

Thx for the help, anymore opinions? Dobber i could use your expertise please

Dobber Sports Padawan

Take Stepan. No doubt in a salary pool he's better than either Nash or Piet.

I'd be tempted to take Nash over Piet though. He does cost you 2.5 mil more but i'm not sold on Peit being above 50 points, I'm pretty comfy with Nash being 75. I also think that Stepan and AV will bring Nash's +/- around.

I'd probably in your spot roll with Nash and Stepan.
    Pool A
    G, A, +/-, PM, PPG, SHG W L T SO SV% GAA
    Cap 80,375,000
    Center: Backstrom, Giroux, Stepan, Spezza
    Wing: Ovechkin, Hall, Kessell, Nash, Voracek, Landeskog, Huberdeau, Schwartz
    Defence: Karlsson, Goligoski, Schultz, Barrie, Gardiner, Smith
    Goalie : Lundqvist, Dubnyk, Lehner
    Farm: Monohan, Bjugstad, Shinkaruk, Horvat, Killorn, Rattie

Pool B
    G, A, PTS, +/-, Hits, GWG W SO GAA SV%
    Cap 80,375,000
    F: Ovechkin, Kessell, Lupol, Backstrom, Giroux, Stepan, JvR, Forsburg, Landeskog, Etem, Eakin, Saad
    D: Green, Letand, Staal, McDonaugh, Faulk, Barrie
    G: Lundqvist, Halak
    Bench: Lecavalier, Grabovski
    Farm: Shinkaruk, Lindholm, Larsson, Gardiner, Visetin