Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Lundqvist for Luongo & 1st Overall

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Lundqvist for Luongo & 1st Overall

Here is the trade:

Send Henrik Lundqvist, NYR G
    Receive Roberto Luongo, Van G
    Receive 1st Round Draft Pick (1st Overall)

League counts:
    GS W GA SV SO MIN GAA SV%

The draft is a re-entry draft for a league of 12 teams with each team keeping 4 players (1F, 1D, 1G, and 1 any player)

Thoughts??
    Last edited by jim meyer; September 15, 2013 at 12:35 AM. Reason: incorrect info

Dobber Sports Veteran

I'm not sure I understand what the pick is because you say 1st overall but also 5th round. Also it really depends on what your team looks like. With the info I have all I can say is I would do it if you can take MacKinnon with that pick unless you need Lundy very badly to win this year because your team isn't getting any younger.

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by jim meyer View Post
    Here is the trade:

Send Henrik Lundqvist, NYR G
    Receive Roberto Luongo, Van G
    Receive 1st Round Draft Pick (1st Overall)

League counts:
    GS W GA SV SO MIN GAA SV%

The draft is a re-entry draft for a league of 12 teams with each team keeping 4 players (1F, 1D, 1G, and 1 any player)

Thoughts??

I'm not a fan of this trade. You'd give up arguably the best goalie to own in any format. Based on each team keeping 4 players X's 12 teams that basically at minimum the 49th best player you'd get back with Luongo. I'd hold Lundqvist here.

Dobber Sports Rookie

It meant to say 1st round, 1st overall. As each team only keeps 4 players, the first round consists of both rookies and cast offs.
    My keeps are:
    Ovechkin
    Backstrom
    Green
    Lundqvist

I also have Bobrovsky on my bench that I can keep as a goalie. Hope these details generate some responses.

Dobber Sports Rookie

True. But my team alone would be casting off players like:
    Kopitar
    Duchene
    Parise

Dobber Sports Sage

Stay loyal to the King.

Dobber Sports Master

I am a believer in Luongo. I think he can rival Lundqvist this year. He certainly has the talent and the motivation. So I would definitely trade Lundqvist for Luongo and MacKinnon. No problems.

Caveat... You haven't posted the forward categories you count. I would take the trade as long as the categories are at least 60% skaters.

Dobber Sports Deity

Tough call here. I dont think anyone would really say that Lou will give you what Lundy will, but I also think he bounces back big time this year. Considering this is a keep 4 league, there are going to be some very, very good skaters available in your draft (thats an understatement considering your drops alone).

On a side note, there is no way I would be keeping Mike Green over guys like Kopitar, Duchene or Parise but that's just my opinion.

Getting back to your trade, I would see if I could squeeze out just a little more from him to do this trade. His offer isnt a bad one but maybe see if you can upgrade another pick in a different round. Something like the 3rd round, maybe swap picks with him (I am assuming he is picking before you in most rounds).

Something like:

Lundy and your 3rd (assuming its a lower pick then his)

for

Lou, 1st overall, his 3rd round pick (again, assuming it's higher then your current draft position).

Just a thought..
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Guru

I would do that deal. Only he top 48 players are being kept, so firs overall isn't MacKinnon, it will be a really good player. As so done said, it could be someone like Duchene or Kopitar. So Kopitar or Duchene and Luo go for Lundqvist? I'd make that deal.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

For me, this is a no-brainer. You get an excellent goalie back in Luongo and the 1st overall pick. Lundqvist is probably the best goalie to own in pretty much any format, bar none, but Luongo is still an elite tender in the NHL.

Most formats, you start 2 G and I would think you likely do the same here, so you'll most likely be as strong in net as the guy you're making the trade with once you get your 2nd goaltender in place.

The part that makes the deal here imo is that you'll now have 2 1st round picks. If you can swing the proposal that like axeman33 is suggesting, then you are that much better off. It seems like the other GM is really keen on getting Lundqvist, so he just might go for it.

Even if Lundqvist is arguably the best goalie to own in any format, he alone is not going to win you the championship. IMO, if you make the trade, you are far likelier to win the whole thing than if you don't make the trade.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by jim meyer View Post
    It meant to say 1st round, 1st overall. As each team only keeps 4 players, the first round consists of both rookies and cast offs.
    My keeps are:
    Ovechkin
    Backstrom
    Green
    Lundqvist

I also have Bobrovsky on my bench that I can keep as a goalie. Hope these details generate some responses.
    You kept Green and dropped Duchene, Kopitar and Parise? I probably would have kept any of those guys over Green.

Personally, in a keep 4, I would not be crazy having Luongo as my goalie. Unless you think you can win this year, I'd be hesitant on this one.

I just don't have much faith in him, or Vancouver.

Dobber Sports Stud

This trade would only make sense in one of the following situations:

1. You are going for it this year - Lundy to Lou is a step down but I expect Lou to have a good season, and if it gives you two first round picks it sure helps you this year. If this is the case though then MacKinnon does not really help you with the first overall.

2. MaKinnon will replace either Ovechkin or Backstrom as a keeper (as I read it you can only keep two forwards). I am not sure I would keep him over either of those two at this point.

Good luck!

Dobber Sports Initiate

this is a keep FOUR. there are going to be many elite options in your redraft.

if you really are of the opinion that luongo is going to have a great season, are willing to sacrifice the reliability of lundqvist, then do the trade.

lundqvist is a potentially a first round pick in a fresh draft, what is luongo?

think about it this way, you are trading lundqvist for luongo and 49th pick. In almost all trades, the side who receives the best player wins... in this case, it would be the lundqvist side.
    Last edited by ntrspctv; September 15, 2013 at 5:38 PM.
    L1: 14T keep 10 H2H 12F/6D/2G/3B
    P Cats: g/a/+/-/pim/sog/bs/stp/hits
    G Cats: w/sv/so/gaa/sv%

F: tarasenko,yamamoto,p kane,backstrom, zuccarello,gourde,lafreniere,w karlsson,iafallo,bunting,khaira,brown,pageau,vorac ek, palat,verhaeghe
    D: klingberg,theodore,gudas,burns
    G: varlomov,talbot,shesterkin
    IR: radulov,pettersson

L2: 10T keep 10 H2H

F: w. karlsson,mcdavid,kreider,nylander,hoffman,giroux,d ebrincat,reinhart,hintz,verhaeghe,tuch,iafallo,tol vanen,robertson
    D: klingberg,trouba,yandle,faulk,letang
    G: shesterkin,sorokin,lankinen,lehner
    IR: seguin,petterson,fleury

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Mattp913 View Post
    I'm not sure I understand what the pick is because you say 1st overall but also 5th round. Also it really depends on what your team looks like. With the info I have all I can say is I would do it if you can take MacKinnon with that pick unless you need Lundy very badly to win this year because your team isn't getting any younger.
    you would take mackinnon as first pick in the first round in a keep four league? would mackinnon even be a keeper the next year?

and don't keep greene, just saying.

post the rest of your team and cats!
    Last edited by ntrspctv; September 15, 2013 at 5:41 PM.
    L1: 14T keep 10 H2H 12F/6D/2G/3B

F: tarasenko,yamamoto,p kane,backstrom, zuccarello,gourde,lafreniere,w karlsson,iafallo,bunting,khaira,brown,pageau,vorac ek, palat,verhaeghe
    D: klingberg,theodore,gudas,burns
    G: varlomov,talbot,shesterkin
    IR: radulov,pettersson

L2: 10T keep 10 H2H

F: w. karlsson,mcdavid,kreider,nylander,hoffman,giroux,d ebrincat,reinhart,hintz,verhaeghe,tuch,iafallo,tol vanen,robertson
    D: klingberg,trouba,yandle,faulk,letang
    G: shesterkin,sorokin,lankinen,lehner
    IR: seguin,petterson,fleury

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Too few keepers to make this trade worthwhile. Lundqvist to Lou is a downgrade and there are lts of skilled guys out there.
    12 team, yahoo H2H Daily starts, keep 10
    G,A,+/-,Hits,PPP,SHP,SOG. W,SV%,SV,GAA,SHO
    2C,2LW,2RW,1Util,4D,2G
    C-RNH,
    LW-Benn,Kane, Drouin
    RW-Kessel,Ovechkin, Simmonds
    D-
    G-Lundqvist, Howard Gibson