Thread: Luongo, Schneider or Bernier

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Luongo, Schneider or Bernier

I am in a 12 man Keeper League with each of us keeping 1 goalie. I currently have Luongo, Schneider and Bernier to choose from. Who would you keep? I have had Luongo the past 3 season but am wondering if one of the other 2 might be a better long term investment.
    Thanks!

League Settings:
    Forwards/Defensemen Categories: 12
    Goals , Assists , Points , Plus/Minus, Penalty Minutes, Powerplay Goals, Powerplay Points, Shorthanded Goals, Shorthanded Points, Game-Winning Goals, Shots on Goal, Hits

Goaltenders Stat Categories: 4
    Wins, Goals Against Average, Save Percentage, Shutouts

I included Foward stats to show that Goalie stats are only 25% percent of overall points. In fact, I have usually only concerned myself with GAA and SP in the past figuring I would draft goalies late and not concern myself so much with great starters but great backups on good defensive teams.

Dobber Sports Monster

Schneider and Bernier are both intriguing players to want to choose here, but I go with Luongo as the choice to make.

Luongo is bonafide #1 in Vancouver and it's a solid team and he'll produce for you.

Schneider is younger but will suffer with Broduer this year and New Jersey has a long way to go to be a winner.

Bernier has to battle Reimer and who knows how that will play out.

I go with Luongo here.

Dobber Sports Sage

Luongo, at least for the next 2 years.

Dobber Sports Pro

Luongo for me as well.

Dobber Sports Rookie

There's a good chance Schneider will be more valuable than Luongo at this time next year. If you can wait out him sharing starts with Brodeur this year, then keep him.

Though out of the two, he might also be the easiest one to redraft.

For me, Bernier doesn't belong in the conversation at all until we see how he keeps up with Reimer. Luongo is the surest thing for the next year, but after that I'd say Schneider is the better option

Dobber Sports Deity

Luongo for me, easy choice. Even if both Schneider and Bernier take over the starting role (easy to say that for Schneider by seasons end), both NJ and Toronto are weaker teams then Vancouver and will offer greater challenges for both of the younger goalies. Both Schneider and Bernier are entering new teams that are considerable weaker then the ones they left so don't be shocked if their numbers aren't as strong as they were with their old teams.

Lou still has a few years left in the tank. He should still be a solid fantasy option for the next 3+ years.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Demi-God

For me it depends on whether you are looking at H2H or year long roto scoring.

I think in H2H that Loungo is the safe pick - he will get the starts and you just can't be assured that Schneider or Bernier will. Especially true if you have a min starts factor each week.

In a roto league, I will take Schneider - he will give you superior ratios. You still need good drafting to fill out your goalies but I want Schneider on my team for the long term.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Thanks for the input guys. I did forget to mention it's a Roto league, and that should carry some weight in the decision.
    I think I am going to stick with Louongo even though I think Schneider is going to do well in a defensive system like Jersey. Hopefully I can grab him a few rounds into our draft.