Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Philadelphia Flyers – Are Experts Stupid?

I...am your father.

Default Philadelphia Flyers – Are Experts Stupid?

angus wrote:
    Look for Carter to sign a five year, 25 million deal.

So Dustin Penner > Jeff Carter ???

Nope. Take what Penner signed for, and if Carter does not sign by July 1 then he will get at least 10% more (which is where I got my $6 million figure)

If he signs by July 1, then you might be right. That would be a hometown discount. Not that he is worth that money, but that\'s the fiscal reality.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

With Philly. Sorry if I wasn\'t clear.
    Follow me on Twitter: AngusCertified
    Check my blog out: Angus Certified

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

primeau25 wrote:
    Knuble may be traded as Giroux will be entering the picture. In any event, I don\'t see Carter signing for 6 million. If that\'s the case, I think Holmgren would walk away. Umberger won\'t get 4 million.
    I agree on all 4 counts. I also see Carter getting a 5 to 7 year 5 to 5.25 contract. Holmgren seemed dead confident Carter wasn\'t going anywhere and Carter himself was very sincere when he said he was staying with the Flyers.

[img size=220]http://www.dobberhockey.com/images/fbfiles/images/so_primeau-ca17c9c88ceecfd3511fe62cd9755459.png[/img]

Dobber Sports Pro

The word out of Philly is that the deal with Carter is supposed to get done over the three day weekend coming up If no deal is announced Monday with Carter, then I worry more. It looks as if Carts stays, and RJ will be the odd man out (look for him to be traded to Nashville for Suter or a similar player).

The only names I have heard the flyers are showing interest in are young defensemen (Hainsey, Streit, Campbell).
    14 team league - 16 Keepers max 2 goalies - G,A,P,+/-,PPP,SHP,SOG,PIM, FW, W, GAA,SV, SV%, SHO

Use the Schwartz

C: Mike Richards (lw) Henrik Sedin, Strome, Kuznetsov
    RW: Iginla, Voracek, Eriksson (lw), Gagner (c)
    LW: Parise, Nash, Schwartz
    D: Karlsson, Barrie, Hedman
    G: Luongo, Crawford

might dump one of eriksson or gagner to keep Leddy

@Rusty_Pickles Tweet Tweet.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

IcyGrail.com wrote:
    primeau25 wrote:
    Knuble may be traded as Giroux will be entering the picture. In any event, I don\'t see Carter signing for 6 million. If that\'s the case, I think Holmgren would walk away. Umberger won\'t get 4 million.
    I agree on all 4 counts. I also see Carter getting a 5 to 7 year 5 to 5.25 contract. Holmgren seemed dead confident Carter wasn\'t going anywhere and Carter himself was very sincere when he said he was staying with the Flyers.

[img size=220]http://www.dobberhockey.com/images/fbfiles/images/so_primeau-ca17c9c88ceecfd3511fe62cd9755459.png[/img]
    Agreed, I think Jeff will remain in the orange and black.

Your picture brings back fond memories. I was in attendence.

Now I will make it my avatar!
    e11 team league
    F: Zetterberg, St. Louis, Iginla, Datsyuk, Alfredsson, Arnott, Forsberg, Stillman, Whitney, Knuble, Morrow, Holmstrom, Sakic, Doan
    D: McCabe, Lidstrom, Spacek, Markov, Schneider, Chara, Timonen
    G: Biron, Toskala, Ramo
    2ND PLACE

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Hey Preems, I redesigned the Primeau Avatar and properly sized it so it looks clean. I\'ve attached it so you can download it.
    Hope you like it.

[img size=100]http://www.dobberhockey.com/images/fbfiles/images/primeau_avatar.jpg[/img]

Banned

the talking heads and columnists are universally just utter morons IMO...even guys that played the game and played it well say some of the stupidest things on camera. And one of the most annoying things to me is how they\'ve adopted alot of the characteristics of their football brethren. Like how they over-focus on the superstars and verbally felate them constantly (i.e. Brett Favre, LT, etc...in the NHL we get wayyy too much Crosby)...or how someone will report on a story and they\'ll all take it as gospel and regurgitate it as if it was their own.

The latter is what happened with the Flyers this season. Anyone with half a brain could tell they would be vastly improved, they added some big talent and it was easy to see they had alot of young guys ready to emerge. But these are the same chuckleheads that thought the Sabres would make the playoffs after their mass exodus or that the Habs would finish dead last in the NE.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

IcyGrail.com wrote:
    Hey Preems, I redesigned the Primeau Avatar and properly sized it so it looks clean. I\'ve attached it so you can download it.
    Hope you like it.

[img size=100]http://www.dobberhockey.com/images/fbfiles/images/primeau_avatar.jpg[/img]
    Dude. You\'re my hero.
    e11 team league
    F: Zetterberg, St. Louis, Iginla, Datsyuk, Alfredsson, Arnott, Forsberg, Stillman, Whitney, Knuble, Morrow, Holmstrom, Sakic, Doan
    D: McCabe, Lidstrom, Spacek, Markov, Schneider, Chara, Timonen
    G: Biron, Toskala, Ramo
    2ND PLACE