Thread: Kuznetsov out for 2 months

Dobber Sports Guru

Default Kuznetsov out for 2 months

For those that may actually still care.

via twitter:

Slava Malamud ‏@SlavaMalamud 7m
    Sport-Express reports Evgeni Kuznetsov may be out for up to 2 months with a shoulder injury. If so, this likely ends his Sochi hopes #Caps

The Great One

many thought part of the reason he stayed in the KHL was to increase his chances of playing for the Olympic team...guess that didn't work out too well

he will have to console himself instead with the millions he made
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    many thought part of the reason he stayed in the KHL was to increase his chances of playing for the Olympic team...guess that didn't work out too well

he will have to console himself instead with the millions he made
    Nothing wrong with making millions

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Banned

Just bad omens all around with this guy. Stay far away. Caps shouldn't even bother, he will bring nothing but negativity to the team.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Just bad omens all around with this guy. Stay far away. Caps shouldn't even bother, he will bring nothing but negativity to the team.
    Man I wish I could get so much insight from an injury report... maybe I'm reading them wrong.
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Loch View Post
    Man I wish I could get so much insight from an injury report... maybe I'm reading them wrong.
    He's out until early November, and that eliminates his chance to play in the Olympics in February?

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    He's out until early November, and that eliminates his chance to play in the Olympics in February?
    That wasn't the insight in question... I was refering to the 'he will bring nothing but negativity to the Caps' view that had been expressed.
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Banned

Guy hasn't played an NHL game and is already a dark cloud on the organization.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    I had the same reaction... should not have a determining impact.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by habs83 View Post
    I had the same reaction... should not have a determining impact.
    The long and short of it is that he won't be there for Team Russia's training camp. Only guys who are locks to make the team (ovi, malkin, kovy) would get a free pass onto the roster while injured.

E.g. If Andrew Ladd got a high ankle sprain and was out two months, would you cut him from team Canada? I sure as hell would.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by pianoman View Post
    The long and short of it is that he won't be there for Team Russia's training camp. Only guys who are locks to make the team (ovi, malkin, kovy) would get a free pass onto the roster while injured.

E.g. If Andrew Ladd got a high ankle sprain and was out two months, would you cut him from team Canada? I sure as hell would.
    I believe (but am not positive) that Olympic rosters are due on Dec 31st. In Kuznetsov is out 2 months and returns in mid-November, then I think that's plenty of time for him to either earn (or fail to earn) a spot on Russia's roster.

If the injury lasts longer than expected, or if Kuznetsov has a sluggish start after returning...then yes, I agree that could have a very negative impact on his chances.

I'll be interested in seeing the selections for their team, and specifically, how many KHL'ers are on the final roster...

Dobber Sports Guru

Apparently there are some that are questioning the injury story.

Capitals prospect Evgeny Kuznetsov played just 30 seconds on Friday before a legal hit by Maxim Rybin injured his shoulder. With a history of shoulder injuries, Kuznetsov headed to Germany to get examined.

On Monday, without a named source or a byline, Sport Express reported that Kuznetsov’s injury will cost him two months and any shot at making the Russian Olympic squad.

But no one else seems to agree with that. Not yet, at least.

The original report from Sport Express, as translated by RMNB’s Igor Kleyner:

"It has become known to Sport Express that Traktor’s forward Evgeny Kuznetsov may be out for up to two months because of the shoulder injury. The injury occurred in the very first minute of the game last Friday against Vityaz, as a result of a legal hit by Vityaz forward Maksim Rybin. Kuznetsov did not return to the game.

Over the weekend, the 21 year old forward departed for a clinic in Germany, where his same left shoulder was operated on two years ago. At that time his recovery took three months. Surgery is not likely to be needed this time. But in any case, this injury brings Kuznetsov’s chances to make Russia’s Olympic roster down to almost a zero."

Alexander Rogulev from R-Sport contradicts Sport Express, stating that there has been no diagnosis yet and his prognosis is still unknown:

"This information does not correspond to the reality. There is still no diagnosis, and, as a result, the recovery terms are unknown. The origin of this news is unknown. The earliest we will have some clarity is tomorrow."

Sovetsky Sport has also chimed in to dismiss the Sport Express story.

So until we have a real source and a reputable writer with a name vouching for the story, we shouldn’t jump to conclusions about Kuznetsov’s injury or his future.
    Last edited by wendelclark17; September 9, 2013 at 4:08 PM.

The Great One

Thanks for that story, awesome stuff.

Man, what a wild, wild west over there...

Dobber Sports Pro

I'd love to see him at the Olympics and I really hope this doesn't end his chance!
    Straight Points keeper league. Keep 5 Forwards,3 defence,1 goalie.

F: Nicklas Backstrom, Joe Thornton, Henrik Zetterberg, Zach Parise, Logan Couture

D: Erik Karlsson, Alex Pietrangelo, Oliver Ekman-Larsson

G: Sergei Bobrovsky