Thread: Keeper League - Need Help Set-Up

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Keeper League - Need Help Set-Up

Hey guys,

Not sure if this is the right forum for it - I've been playing 1-year leagues for a long time now, but this is the first time I'm trying a keeper (with 11 other friends) - as commish, I just want some help setting up a league on Yahoo in regards to settings. A lot of us are real junkies when it comes to hockey so we are hoping to have pretty deep drafts.

These are current settings - let me know if they make sense:

3LW/3RW/3C/6D/2G/6BN with 2IR. So 23 roster, keep 6 (max one goalie).

G (3), A (2), +/- (1), PIM (0.5), PPP (1), SHP (3), SOG (0.5), FOW (0.05), HIT (0.25), BLK (0.25)

W (4), L (-1), GA (-1), SV (0.2), SO (4)

I don't know - do any of you have any advice to offer in regards to changes to any settings for this keeper? I don't know if it's relevant but it's weekly roster changes as well.

Thanks!
    12 Team Keeper Yahoo! Points League

Keep 8 (max 1 goalie)

3C 3LW 3RW 6D 2G
    Bench: 6 + 2 IR

G(3), A(2), +/- (1), PIM (0.5), PPP (1), SHP (2), SOG (0.5), FOW (0.05), HIT (0.25), BLK (0.25)

W (5.5), L (-2.5), GA (-1), SA (0.2), SHO (5)

Weekly Roster

C: Giroux/Ott/Stastny
    LW: Steen/Hartnell/Prust
    RW: Lupul/Callahan/Simmonds
    D: Karlsson/Letang/Burns/Green/Bieksa/Beauchemin/Goligoski
    G: Quick/Ward/Bishop/Khudobin
    Bench: Martin/Hornqvist/Ray Whitney/Backlund

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I run a league of similar depth on Yahoo and the only thing the managers in that league wanted was more IR spots because with that many roster spots some teams had their entire bench on IR.

The other setting that I can't do without anymore is the Free Agent acquisition bucks system with continuous waivers. It takes waiver priority almost completely out of the question and lets you bid on the players you want during the season.

Other than that I'm sure it'll be great!
    20 team H2H Fantrax Cap Dynasty
    2018/2018 Cap=90 mil
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, PIM, SOG, FO%, HIT, BLK, TOI/G
    W, GAA, SV%, SV, SHO
    3C/LW/RW, 6D, 2Sk, 2G

C: Backstrom, Bergeron, Eichel
    L: Benn, Rakell, Coleman, Goldobin, Weal, B. McGinn
    R: Pavelski, Radulov, Panik, B. Tanev, D. Ryan
    D: Burns, Josi, Weber, Ellis, Manson, Forbort, Stecher, Weegar
    G: Talbot, Elliott
    Farm: Harkins, Hayden, Kampf, Highmore, Dickinson, Bjork, Motte, Foegele, Rychel, Kossila, Poturalski, Graves, Bear, Nielsen, Timmins, Ozhiganov, McKeown, Gillies, Boyle, Brossoit, Ellis, Rittich

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Everything looks in order and it's a good starting point. The only thing I'd comb over is the stat breakdown. Add up the scores per stat for a few players from the the full 2011-12 season. You might find certain cats unbalanced. Also make sure you do the same with goalie stats. It's important that you don't devalue goalies. A high end goalie should be just as or more valueable as a high end player

Also....... Since many are inexperienced in this format, you might want to consider playing with real stats and avoid the mathematical breakdown. Easier for guys to value players if they can see that player A's value is 30 goals, 30 assists, 220 shots, 50 PIM, etc......
    Last edited by stick boy; September 6, 2013 at 2:21 PM.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

let me know your email address and i will fire off my keeper leagues rules...after 4 years i think we may have it ironed out...lol..just dont ask the other 9 guys for their opinion....lol
    straight pts .5 for ppp keeper 10 teams keep 18
    F Marchand Marner P. Kane Nylander Tkachuk Ovechkin Kessel Toews Monahan Couturier Palmieri Kapanen Wilson Ritchie Kovalchuk Heponiemi
    D Carlson Josi Pietrangelo Mcavoy Ristolainen Fowler Gardiner Myers Lindell
    G Jarry Fleury Bobrovsky Varlamov

straight points keep 22
    F Crosby Giroux Kessel Wheeler Marchand Karlsson Toews Couturier Meier Laine Huberdeau Zucker Monahan Konecny Rust
    D Carlson Burns Hedman Schmidt Fowler Faulk Chychrun Gardiner
    G Hellebucyk Jarry Halak Dubnyk