Thread: P.K Subban or B. Ryan

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default P.K Subban or B. Ryan

Ok not sure where exactly to post this question as it involves a fwd and a d. So here goes; I'm in a keeper league where I have to can keep three players regardless of position for the following year. The only rule is that you can't keep a player selected in the first three rounds from the previous season. Two of my choices are obvious: Tavares and Rask as I was lucky enough to snag them outside the first three rounds. My third choice has become a little more difficult with Ryan being traded to Ottawa. I was originally set out keeping P.K but now I'm undecided. Any opinions on who you would rather keep on your team? P.K Subban or B. Ryan. Thanks for the advice.

P.S I've also posted this in the FWD section to cover my bases

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzen View Post
    Ok not sure where exactly to post this question as it involves a fwd and a d. So here goes; I'm in a keeper league where I have to can keep three players regardless of position for the following year. The only rule is that you can't keep a player selected in the first three rounds from the previous season. Two of my choices are obvious: Tavares and Rask as I was lucky enough to snag them outside the first three rounds. My third choice has become a little more difficult with Ryan being traded to Ottawa. I was originally set out keeping P.K but now I'm undecided. Any opinions on who you would rather keep on your team? P.K Subban or B. Ryan. Thanks for the advice.

P.S I've also posted this in the FWD section to cover my bases
    What are your league settings? Points only or roto? And are there positional requirements? How many teams? Can't really give advice without knowing your set up.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    What are your league settings? Points only or roto? And are there positional requirements? How many teams? Can't really give advice without knowing your set up.
    Exactly that. I want to say Subban but without more infos, it's basically just a gut feeling and a shot in the dark.

The Great One

I suspect the answer is that you want to keep Subban over Ryan because Subban is one of the top 3 dmen to select in any league, in any format.

I can't think of many leagues in which you'd want to keep a 75 pt forward over a 60 pt dman.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Giant

in most leagues subban is your starter. any league with positional requirements anyways.
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO

Dobber Sports Veteran

Go with Subban

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Subban in any format.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

Dobber Sports Pro

Another vote for Subban. I think their point totals could be pretty close to begin with. Ad in the fact that Subban will only occupy a D slot and his multi-category contributions are fantastic.
    http://twitter.com/robsintheshed

12 Team - H2H Keeper League - 25 Players - 13 Keepers
    (G, A, P, +/-, Hits, PPP, SOG, W, GAA, SV%)
    Keepers
    C: Tavares, Benn,
    LW: Galchenyuk, Landeskog, .
    RW: Pominville, Little, Oshie, Yakupov
    D: Subban, Vatanen, Fowler
    G: Price, Bishop

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Yup, should've added league info. Roto-standard stats. NO PIMS. I believe you keep 6 fwd (no positional requirement) and 4 d with 4 bench players in total. 2 goalies but only one plays. As for any other options in players to keep, none worth listing to be honest. I've been leaning towards Subban for reasons mentioned above but for since the Ryan traded started to have nagging doughts. Thanks everyone for the feedback. Definitely gonna stick with Subban. Cheers.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Interesting stuff : one month ago I swap my Benn+ for Subban then I would do it for Ryan as well.
    NHL Caphit(79.5M),pts only keeper league,16 Teams,Weekly H2H,Start 6F 4D 1G

F:Backstrom,Matthews,Giroux,Kessel,Barzal,Bailey,S tone,Labanc,Steel
    D:Klingberg,Krug,Vatanen,Letang,Girard,Liljegren
    G:Bobrovsky,Murray,Ullmark,Hart,Parsons

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzen View Post
    Yup, should've added league info. Roto-standard stats. NO PIMS. I believe you keep 6 fwd (no positional requirement) and 4 d with 4 bench players in total. 2 goalies but only one plays. As for any other options in players to keep, none worth listing to be honest. I've been leaning towards Subban for reasons mentioned above but for since the Ryan traded started to have nagging doughts. Thanks everyone for the feedback. Definitely gonna stick with Subban. Cheers.
    Just a suggestion - in future it's helpful to provide the categories rather than saying 'standard stats', as that could mean different things to different people using different providers.