Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Avery engaged to a guy?

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    lol I agree with everything in this post lol.

Marty B should have swung his stick at Avery's head.. He was a cheap shot artist and a puke as an NHL player. There's a difference between fun trash talk and gamesmanship and the stuff he pulled... I disagree that a team needs him. Teams need 4 lines of Sidney Crosbys, 3 pairings of Erik Karlssons and Chris Prongers and 2 Goalies of Patrick Roy and Marty B. No room for idiot agitator fringe NHLers...
    Brodeur probably wanted to swing his stick at Avery's head, and that's exactly what Avery wanted him to do... take a penalty. Avery was great at getting under the opponent's skin, and that's exactly what his job was. A lot of his off-ice shit was classless, ignorant stuff, but he was an excellent pest. If it weren't for all that off-ice stuff, I bet he'd still be on an NHL roster today.

At any rate, if Avery is engaged, good for him.

10th year Keeper League, Fantrax

14 teams, H2H, keep 10, daily starts
    G (3), A (2), +/- (1), PIM (0.1), PPP (1), FOW (0.1), FOL (-0.1), BLK (0.5), HAT (3), W (5), SO (3), SV (0.1), GA (-0.5)

C (3) - Schmaltz (LW, RW), Mercer (RW), Norris (IR), Domi (LW), T. Johnson (RW), Nosek (LW)
    LW (3) - Keller (RW), Hagel, McCann (C), Zacha (LW), Kubalik (RW), N. Foligno (IR)
    RW (3) - Fiala (LW), Vilardi (C), Ehlers (LW), Kakko
    D (4) - Theodore, Orlov, Grzelcyk, T. van Riemsdyk, Clifton, Skjei, Weegar
    Util (1)
    G (1) - Montembault, Allen, Halak

Dobber Sports Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by letangerang58 View Post
    Maybe in Canada people are accepting of it but I know the USA still has a long way to go. Just because 13 states issue marriage licences doesn't mean that they have full rights. Do they have rights to have full marriage ceremonies or just get the licence? Many gays are still being discriminated against in the work place (teachers who are openly gay in most states are released) and in cities such as St. Louis there are even laws that allow landlords to ban gay couples from their rentals based if they claim their lifestyles offend the landlord's moral beliefs.

It's a shame. We waste time arguing over stupid shit like this which should be a no brainer and we don't have time to address our real problems anymore.
    letangerang, I was curious if you have a source for this? St. Louis, as I understand it, has a non-discrimination law on the books for landlords regarding gay renters (and potential renters), meaning that a landlord cannot discriminate against someone based upon his or her sexual orientation.

Now, this can get a bit tricky when talking about the metro area as a whole (St. Louis city only represents a small portion of the metro area - the city divorced itself from the county in the 1870s and is only one of two cities in the US that doesn't belong to a county). There are a lot of small municipalities in the metro area, something like 92 total, and many have their own laws, police departments, libraries, etc. There could be a muni in the area that has laws on the books like what you speak of, but I don't think it is representative of the metro region as a whole.

I've lived in St. Louis city most of my life and believe it to be a very gay-friendly city. The state of Missouri, however, is a pretty different animal - especially the out state areas and Springfield (not STL, KC or Columbia), which tend to be quite conservative and anti-gay in legislative matters.
    10 team Yahoo league (5 keepers). G:3 A:2 PIMS: .2/minute PPG: 1 PPA: .5 SHG: 1 SHA: .5 GWG: 1 SOG: .1 FOW: .1 FOL: -.1 W: 5 SO: 3 GA: -1 SV: .2

LW: Kovalchuk (RW), Ryan (C), Booth, A. Kostitsyn, Hall, Perron
    C: Getzlaf, Carter, Brassard, Ribeiro
    RW: Giroux, J. Williams, Frolik, Hejduk, Skinner
    D: E. Johnson, Karlsson, Subban, Yandle, Gilbert, Burns
    G: Ward, Anderson, Ellis, Fleury, S. Mason