Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Avery engaged to a guy?

Dobber Sports Icon

Well if he's bi its his business, but I commend him for being open about it (if this is real).

As stated above, still doesn't change the fact that I hated him as a player and always will.
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Did anybody like him as a player? Seriously?

I'll never forget the Martin Brodeur incident. What a scumbag.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ec_2oKWe2Gw

I have to admit, when Jagr demolished him I was smiling from ear to ear.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Can't say that I liked him, but I never hated him. Just indifferent to him.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Pro

Sean Avery was an embarrassment to the NHL on and off the ice during his career. Just can't stand that punk. I'm just relieved he's not in hockey anymore.
    Last edited by The Hockey Hitman; September 5, 2013 at 6:45 PM.

Dobber Sports Star

I thought a few of his public comments were way offside as a player, but his on-ice stuff was absolutely fantastic. Who could honestly be upset with the stick-in-front-of-Marty thing? That was hilarious and completely within the rules.

Glad he's come out, if he has. Yawn.

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakkster View Post
    Dude? Don't you mean horse?

Edit: I went hunting for a fitting picture and found an entire site dedicated to it

http://sarahjessicaparkerlookslikeahorse.com/
    Whoah! Nice find, that's funny!
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by dmvincent View Post
    Did anybody like him as a player? Seriously?

I'll never forget the Martin Brodeur incident. What a scumbag.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ec_2oKWe2Gw

I have to admit, when Jagr demolished him I was smiling from ear to ear.
    "Did anybody like him as a player? Seriously?"
    Yes. Yes I'm serious. All teams should have an Avery, and all the stiff suits should ease up - trash talking is good for the game and funny to boot.

I'll never forget the Martin Brodeur incident. Genius! Funniest moment in hockey. And now because all the vanilla stiff suits frown on that we'll never see anything like it again. So say goodbye to the laughs.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by fantasyhockeygeek View Post
    I thought a few of his public comments were way offside as a player, but his on-ice stuff was absolutely fantastic. Who could honestly be upset with the stick-in-front-of-Marty thing? That was hilarious and completely within the rules.

Yes - I agree with this.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Avery

Maybe he should have played with a pink stick. Or maybe he does. Who knows and who cares ?
    All I can say is beautiful blonde lesbians are hot
    Championships

Ottawa Sun regular season champion.
    Yahoo.champion
    Scoresheet championship

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    Yes. Yes I'm serious. All teams should have an Avery, and all the stiff suits should ease up - trash talking is good for the game and funny to boot.

I'll never forget the Martin Brodeur incident. Genius! Funniest moment in hockey. And now because all the vanilla stiff suits frown on that we'll never see anything like it again. So say goodbye to the laughs.
    I guess I just didn't look at it that way. I thought it was disrespectful and just flat out dumb. I understand the value a guy like that can bring to the team, but Avery was a different breed.

Oh well, I respect your opinion.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by fantasyhockeygeek View Post

Exposed Marty as a whiny little bitch.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by coldsquad2002 View Post
    Maybe he should have played with a pink stick. Or maybe he does. Who knows and who cares ?
    All I can say is beautiful blonde lesbians are hot
    Getting a bit off topic, but I've always been curious about why some men think lesbians are hot. There would never be a situation where a lesbian would be attracted to a man, so is it just about the double whammy of curves if two lesbians are going at it? What's the angle here?
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post

I agree all teams should have an agitator and loved his agitator play. The Marty vs. the stick thing was great because it worked which I found amazing because I don't ever remember Marty getting rattled.

Some of the off ice antics were funny but the "sloppy seconds" comment I thought was pretty lame and he came off as a whiny ex-boyfrined. I did commend him for supporting same sex rights before it was vogue to do so, that must have been tough.

The once incident I'll always remember was this sequence. 5-2 game Rangers late in the 3rd:

1.Avery rocks an Oiler with a clean hit, cool.
    2.Smid challenges him to a fight, he declines, fine, bit of a chicken play (Smid's not huge) but no biggie guys decline fights all the time.
    3. Smid looks away and then Avery jumps him! NOT cool.

If you make a hit you're going to get challenged, if you decline fine but don't run away and then jump a guy from behind that's never cool.

Anyways interesting to see if this is true or just another Avery antic.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Dakkster View Post
    Getting a bit off topic, but I've always been curious about why some men think lesbians are hot. There would never be a situation where a lesbian would be attracted to a man, so is it just about the double whammy of curves if two lesbians are going at it? What's the angle here?
    If you're speaking about dudes finding women hot specifically because they're lesbian, then I agree, makes no sense.
    But finding a lesbian hot because they're hot, well, women are women regardless of who they want to get down with.
    F: P. Kane, Oshie, N. Foligno, Thorton, Coyle, Marleau, Pavelski, Dubinsky
    Steen
    D: seabrooke, Subban,wizniewski,garrison, Carle
    G: Niemi, Fleury,

G/A-1 pt PIM- .25pts
    Win-2pts Shutouts- 5pts(2+3)
    Keep 10. Top 13 count (4 d, 1 g, 6 Frwd and next highest-any position)

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by ovi42 View Post
    If you're speaking about dudes finding women hot specifically because they're lesbian, then I agree, makes no sense.
    But finding a lesbian hot because they're hot, well, women are women regardless of who they want to get down with.
    Oh yeah, I agree completely But yeah, that was what I meant, what is it about lesbianism that's so hot for men?
    GO WINGS!