Thread: Tarasenko

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Tarasenko

Since I am having a fire sale and doing a rebuild.

Was offered Drouin for Tarasenko.

Fair or too rich? Thinking too much. Was thinking of offering Kesler/Semin for Drouin.
    12 Team CBS Dynasty League
    Rotisseie Scoring Cats: +/-, A, G, PIM, PPPTS, SHOG, SOG, Hits, GAA, SPct, W

Team:

C: Mackinnon, Anisimov, Kesler, Kuznetsov, H.Sedin, Scheifele, Bonino, Marchessault, Perreault, Dano
    W: Burakovsky, Hornqvist, Kucherov, Schwartz, Tarasenko, Tatar, Atkinson
    D: Beaulieu, Josi, Martinez, Muzzin, Sekera, Stralman, Borowiecki, Ceci
    G: Bobrovsky, Howard, Domingue, Ward

Prospects: Barzal, Puljujarvi, Rantanen, Vrana, Meier

Start: 4C, 6W, 2Flex, 6D, 2G
    23 Keepers + 5 Prospects

Dobber Sports Apprentice

No point making a lateral move like that in a rebuild. Better off trading a Semin or a Kesler.

Dobber Sports Veteran

I'd keep the guy that showed he can put the puck in the net at the NHL level over the guy yet to play an NHL game. I would do Kesler/Semin for Drouin in a minute. Definitely counter and try to get Drouin while keeping Tarasenko. Both are key pieces for a rebuild.

Dobber Sports Veteran

In a rebuild I'd do whatever I can to grab Drouin.

If you can do Semin or Kesler for Drouin do it.

But I would also do Tarasenko for Drouin no doubt.
    Points only keeper league
    7 teams
    28 keepers
    Weekly line up: 12 F / 6 D / 2 G
    Goalie stats: W=2 / SO=2

Banned

I would much rather have Drouin than Tarasenko... I believe that Tarasenko is going to disappoint a few people and that Drouin is a full level above him.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by 27Blue View Post
    I would much rather have Drouin than Tarasenko... I believe that Tarasenko is going to disappoint a few people and that Drouin is a full level above him.
    I agree with this.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Rookie

As much as I like Tarasenko you have to go with Drouin here, kid is special. I've offered Tarasenko and Strome(with ELC protection) for Drouin in one of my keeper, and the answer was : a relentless NO. The guy having a real mancrush on the kid and the fact of a potential Stammer/Drouin duo.

Yes it would be a lateral move, but if its the only way you can land Drouin I would still do it right away without thinking too much. But like said previously, I'll try to move Kessler first.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by 25THstannee View Post
    As much as I like Tarasenko you have to go with Drouin here, kid is special. I've offered Tarasenko and Strome(with ELC protection) for Drouin in one of my keeper, and the answer was : a relentless NO. The guy having a real mancrush on the kid and the fact of a potential Stammer/Drouin duo.

Yes it would be a lateral move, but if its the only way you can land Drouin I would still do it right away without thinking too much. But like said previously, I'll try to move Kessler first.
    That was a pretty crazy offer and you got very lucked that the Drouin owner loves him. I would take Tarasenko OR Strome over Drouin all day every day.

Dobber Sports Genius

I'd take Drouin over Tarasenko, but I'd much rather move Kesler/Semin and keep both if that's an option.
    12 Team H2H Dynasty
    22 Players 3C 3L 3R 1Util 4D 2G 6BN
    (G) (A) (+/-) (PIM) (PPP) (FW) (HIT) (W) (GAA) (SV%) (SHO)
    C: R Getzlaf, C Giroux, Scheifele, T Bozak
    LW: T Vanek, B Ryan, P Marleau, T Hall
    RW: C Perry, K Okposo, A Ovechkin, Kucherov
    D: D Byfuglien, Z Chara, E Karlsson, R Josi, D Keith, Trouba
    G: R Luongo, B Holtby, K Lehtonen
    Farm: Lack, Wennberg, Hellbucyk, Ho-Sang, Milano, Burakovsky, Sanheim
    2012-2013 and 2013-2014 league champ

Dobber Sports Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by Mattp913 View Post
    That was a pretty crazy offer and you got very lucked that the Drouin owner loves him. I would take Tarasenko OR Strome over Drouin all day every day.
    Got to say I really love what I've seen of Drouin until now. The overpayment is pretty much due to potential line combo with Stammer. Is it justified since the kid has soon to appear in his first NHL game? hell no, but if sometimes you think you can catch what you think will be a top 10 foward, in his early career, to pay half the price you will pay in 2 years because you need that type of player, there is an argument to be made.

When it comes to potential, opinions may differ big time. For me, having Drouin for a Strome tarasenko tandem is a ''ok'' deal. Would you do it for mackinon? I would still do it but i just like Drouin better.

Due to our format, pretty much every GM in my league would take Drouin ahead of mackinon.

The Tarasenko/strome deal is hard to analyse since all 3 player remains pretty unproven at NHL level. I give and edge to tarasenko who was freakin hot before he got his concussion, and since we've seen more hockey out of him yet.

just my opinions though

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by 25THstannee View Post
    Got to say I really love what I've seen of Drouin until now. The overpayment is pretty much due to potential line combo with Stammer. Is it justified since the kid has soon to appear in his first NHL game? hell no, but if sometimes you think you can catch what you think will be a top 10 foward, in his early career, to pay half the price you will pay in 2 years because you need that type of player, there is an argument to be made.

When it comes to potential, opinions may differ big time. For me, having Drouin for a Strome tarasenko tandem is a ''ok'' deal. Would you do it for mackinon? I would still do it but i just like Drouin better.

Due to our format, pretty much every GM in my league would take Drouin ahead of mackinon.

The Tarasenko/strome deal is hard to analyse since all 3 player remains pretty unproven at NHL level. I give and edge to tarasenko who was freakin hot before he got his concussion, and since we've seen more hockey out of him yet.

just my opinions though
    I wouldn't ever do it for Mac either. Strome is about as likely to play with Tavares and Drouin is with Stamkos so that should factor in. Tarasenko,Strome,MacKinnon,Drouin could all be top 10-15 players someday. I don't even know if I would do Tarasenko + Strome for Drouin + MacKinnon. But all are unproven and only time will tell who will emerge as the best of them.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by Mattp913 View Post
    [...] But all are unproven and only time will tell who will emerge as the best of them.
    Exactly my point, but when it comes to unproven players all you have to help you it's your opinion and tought, mine tells me Drouin will be a damn good NHLer,maybe elite, and you cannot buy elite for cheap. If there aren't tavares factor in Strome ascension, I would have dealed him way before.