Thread: Heatley vs. Cammalleri

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default Heatley vs. Cammalleri

My last forward to protect. Points only keeper league. Who do I keep??

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

There's no one else? Flip a coin, they're both good for maybe 50 points next year.
    20 team keeper
    G=1.7 A=1
    Def G=2.5 A=1.5
    Hits, BS, SOG, +/-= .1
    maj (+1) SHPTs (+1)

Centers: T. Hertl/R.N.H/P. Zacha/W. Karlsson/J. Kotkaniemi/T. Zegras
    Wings: A. Burakovsky/A. Mantha/R. Rickell/A. Duclair/
    Defense: J. Drysdale/O.E.L/R. Pulock/D. Fabbro/J. Schultz/M. Ferraro
    Goalies: R. Lehner
    Prospects: R. Damiani/A. Raty/R. Suzuki/R. Amirov/N. Chibrikov/J. Perreault/A. Volkov/D. Farrance/F. Gustavsson/L. Dostal

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Cammalleri.

He at least has something left. Heatley is washed up.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

Dobber Sports Immortal

Gah....I was going to say the same but go for Heatley. At least he plays with some talent.

Dobber Sports Wizard

I'm gonna be a sucker and say Heatley. At least he's a pretty safe bet to play 75+ games. And I feel like Heatley has one good season left somewhere in him.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Veteran

Close but I give the edge to Cammalleri

Dobber Sports Pro

Can't you drop both?

Eurgh...I guess I'd go with Cammalleri. He's the top option of his team...as crazy as that sounds.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I just dropped them both and happy about it, but if I had to choose. Cammaleri is my guy. He is the #1 guy there now and will be surrounded by whatever talent Calgary can muster up...which includes some intriguing prospects that could be wild cards this year.

With Parise, koivu pomminville and young Granlund, don't bank on heatley cracking 1 st line minutes. His only positive is that he is playing for a contract this year.

Dobber Sports Veteran

I'd go with Cammalleri.
    Points only keeper league
    7 teams
    28 keepers
    Weekly line up: 12 F / 6 D / 2 G
    Goalie stats: W=2 / SO=2

Dobber Sports Guru

Is Heatley even healthy currently? Atleast he was injured earlier in the summer as that was the reason why Minnesota was unable to use a compliance buyout on him.

Anyways, healthy or not, I like Cammalleri more for next season. He'll be relied to lead the team and he's also playing for another big contract. The chances are good that he's moved at the trade deadline to a contender. That may boost his value a bit later in the season.
    UHL Pittsburgh Penguins

24 Team Fantrax Salary Cap H2H Dynasty League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG
    , Hits, Blks, FOW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SO
    23 Man Roster - 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 3F, 6D, 1G, 4BN, 4IR
    27 Man Minor Team

C-
    Tavares, Stepan, Granlund, Bjugstad, Couturier
    LW- Ryan, Perron, Ennis, Killorn, Spaling
    RW-
    Wheeler, Simmonds, Coyle, Wingels, Shaw
    D-
    JJ, Schultz, Cowen, Muzzin, Bortuzzo, Stanton
    G- Lehtonen, Rämö

F: Lehterä, Wennberg,
    McNeill, de la Rose, Fast, Leivo, Arnold, Archibald, Lindström
    D: Gelinas, Beaulieu, Koekkoek, McCabe, Johns, Gryba
    G: Berra, Talbot, Brossoit, Ullmark, Lieuwen, Rynnäs

*UHL Champion 2014*

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Carcillo View Post
    Is Heatley even healthy currently? Atleast he was injured earlier in the summer as that was the reason why Minnesota was unable to use a compliance buyout on him.

Anyways, healthy or not, I like Cammalleri more for next season. He'll be relied to lead the team and he's also playing for another big contract. The chances are good that he's moved at the trade deadline to a contender. That may boost his value a bit later in the season.
    He is apparently expected to be ready for training camp:

http://www.thescore.com/nhl/articles...ribune-reports

Either way, I am not overly high on either of these two. Both are coming to the end of their current contracts and have something to play for.

Cammy will be relied on heavily to bring along the youth movement in Calgary but what will he have to work with?

Heatley on the other hand isn't a key cog in the offense anymore and is surrounded by better talent. He "should" start the year on the 2nd line along side Granlund at centre. I think a lot of Heatleys success this year will be based upon the centre he is playing with. If Granlund can get his $hit together, I think Heatley can have a solid bounce back season this year.

All in all, I don't trust either play nor do I trust either situation for either skater. Up until last season, Heatley hasn't had the injury issues that have chased Cammalleri most of his career. Heatley has normally been able to stay healthy, while Cammalleri is injury prone (you have to go back to 2008 to find the last time he played more then 67 games in a season).

If I had to take a risk on one of these two, I would probably go with Heatley.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Guru

Id go with Cammalleri. There are both in contract years so should have some extra motivation going into the season but I prefer Cammalleri to Heatley.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Comeback Baby! Going to be playing against weaker competition during 5 v 5 and still get decent PP time that features Parise, Koivu, Pominville, and Suter.

Yes Heatley just came off an injury but he is healthy now. Doesn't matter if he is in shape or not because he can't skate anyway, just coasts.

Cammalleri just lost Iginla and Tanguay, good luck with that.

(I also might be wearing Iron Range Red and Forest Green colored glasses)

Dobber Sports Recruit

I'd keep them both and drop Stamkos or Parise or Backstrom..those are the real bums on your team!

Dobber Sports Recruit

Although i think the majority picked Camm, there was some compelling reasons to keep Heater....especially cuz Camm really has no one to play with! Thanks everyone for your input...especially Nictoe!