Thread: Bennett or Couturier

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Bennett or Couturier

Who would you rather have in a dynasty league? League counts G, A, PP, +/-, SHP, Hits, Blocks.

I have a deal on the table centered around these two. I currently own Couts, but have too many Centers and Bennett is RW eligible.

REP available for quality responses. Thanks.
    20 Team $$ Dynasty League (23 man roster, 27 man minor roster) w/Salary Cap at $80M on Fantrax **1 Time Champ

G, A, P, +/-, PP, SHP, Hits, Blocks, Wins, Save%, SV, GAA. *1 goalie starts

C - Couture, Kadri, Anisimov, Dvorak
    LW - Marchand, JT Miller, Grabner, Hartman, Duclair
    RW - Duchene, Oshie, Silfverberg, J.Williams
    D - Ristolainen, S.Jones, Martinez, De Haan, Del Zotto, Chychrun, Carlo
    G - Lundqvist, F.Andersen, Raanta
    Minors - Meier, Barbashev, Barber, F.Perron, Heinen, Cholowski, T.Motte, Quenneville, Beaudin, Novak, Sissons, V.Dunn, Lauzon, Hogberg

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by vmascarello View Post
    Who would you rather have in a dynasty league? League counts G, A, PP, +/-, SHP, Hits, Blocks.

I have a deal on the table centered around these two. I currently own Couts, but have too many Centers and Bennett is RW eligible.

REP available for quality responses. Thanks.
    your defensive stats give couturier a bit of an edge but that could be his plague aswell. logging mainly 3rd line tough physical minutes.

BB on the other hand has a golden opportunity to log 2nd line minutes on a line that could rival any #1 line out there...including Croosby's. for him to make that line he will need to play physical.

because of cout's situation and IF BB lands next to malkin...ill take BB over Couturier.

Dobber Sports Ace

If you have too many centres, then you may have already answered that question.

Couturier could be set to have a breakout year, but I have a hard time thinking it'll happen yet as he's got so many players to jump over in order to see plenty of top offensive opportunities and PP time. You have SH as a category (if it's for that league), but not sure that's enough to keep Couturier. All that being said, I DO think that down the road Couturier will be a spectacular two-way forward with offensive punch. But he's not there yet

Bennett is the hot commodity right now, with a chance to play alongside Malkin. Given the situation you're in - with that RW eligibility - I think it's a gamble worth taking. Worth taking, if only because I don't think Couturier has a massive year this season.

Bennett may not tear it up given his young age, but the situation is really good for him (assuming he makes that 2nd line). He could be a very pleasant performer this year

Dobber Sports Genius

Couturier has a limited offensive upper window, in his current role. It's a bit perplexing that such a fine scorer in Junior has evolved this way so rapidly. For some time he was touted as the potential first overall in his draft class.

Bennett has a lot to prove as far as being a quality NHLer.

I'd likely take Bennett, hoping that he spends decent time with the big boys, while foolishly speculating that Couturier will remain in his current role. The game Couturier currently plays, you can find other inexpensive replacements fairly easily. They may be old, and unsexy, but they'll still achieve for you in the defensive categories.

I lean towards Bennett and the upside that we speculate he has.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Anyone think that Bennett could be the next Luca Caputi or Eric Tangradi or Dustin Jeffrey?

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Reuben View Post
    If you have too many centres, then you may have already answered that question.

Couturier could be set to have a breakout year, but I have a hard time thinking it'll happen yet as he's got so many players to jump over in order to see plenty of top offensive opportunities and PP time. You have SH as a category (if it's for that league), but not sure that's enough to keep Couturier. All that being said, I DO think that down the road Couturier will be a spectacular two-way forward with offensive punch. But he's not there yet

Bennett is the hot commodity right now, with a chance to play alongside Malkin. Given the situation you're in - with that RW eligibility - I think it's a gamble worth taking. Worth taking, if only because I don't think Couturier has a massive year this season.

Bennett may not tear it up given his young age, but the situation is really good for him (assuming he makes that 2nd line). He could be a very pleasant performer this year

When I read the title, I was thinking Couturier all the way. I agree with Ruben. I'd take my chances with the guy that has better odds of counting for you . If you don't see Couturier surpassing any of your current Centers,then Bennett as a Winger, is the better option here.
    Last edited by Rocky71; September 4, 2013 at 7:49 PM.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by reeveta View Post
    Anyone think that Bennett could be the next Luca Caputi or Eric Tangradi or Dustin Jeffrey?
    Absolutely he could be. There are more Luca Caputi's or Jason King's (a Van reference for you) then top-notch sophomores in the world.

But we saw in limited duties last season that Bennett can play at the NHL level, and if there's a chance he could line up with Malkin or Neal (and it sounds like there's a really good likelihood), then that's a chance worth taking.

It's not as though vmascarello is dropping a top-line forward to make room for a hot-shot rookie. Couturier - in his present role - has a limited offensive upside.

For that reason - as a depth player - I think it's a risk worth taking.

Dobber Sports Sage

Go for BB, and try to steal a pick back in the deal, Couturier's name might still have enough value to get a late rounder.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I did the following deal. Whatever thoughts anyone has would be appreciated.

I received:

Bennett
    Okposo
    Vatanen
    Malone

I gave up:

Couturier
    Hodgson
    Matthias
    Klinkhammer
    20 Team $$ Dynasty League (23 man roster, 27 man minor roster) w/Salary Cap at $80M on Fantrax **1 Time Champ

G, A, P, +/-, PP, SHP, Hits, Blocks, Wins, Save%, SV, GAA. *1 goalie starts

C - Couture, Kadri, Anisimov, Dvorak
    LW - Marchand, JT Miller, Grabner, Hartman, Duclair
    RW - Duchene, Oshie, Silfverberg, J.Williams
    D - Ristolainen, S.Jones, Martinez, De Haan, Del Zotto, Chychrun, Carlo
    G - Lundqvist, F.Andersen, Raanta
    Minors - Meier, Barbashev, Barber, F.Perron, Heinen, Cholowski, T.Motte, Quenneville, Beaudin, Novak, Sissons, V.Dunn, Lauzon, Hogberg

Dobber Sports Veteran

Courtier is a third line center behind Giroux and Lecavalier
    Bennett is Crosby or Malkin's winger

It's not a tough decision. In addition, I think Bennett is better regardless of team.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by vmascarello View Post
    I did the following deal. Whatever thoughts anyone has would be appreciated.

I received:

Bennett
    Okposo
    Vatanen
    Malone

I gave up:

Couturier
    Hodgson
    Matthias
    Klinkhammer
    I like that trade for you. I'd take Bennett over Couturier, Vatanan over Mattias. Malone might give you something. The only loss is Hodgson, but Buffalo is a mess right now and you got more than enough value back, IMO. Good deal in my book.

Dobber Sports Icon

Bennett for me.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Beau Bennett because of is name brah !!!
    NHL Caphit(79.5M),pts only keeper league,16 Teams,Weekly H2H,Start 6F 4D 1G

F:Backstrom,Matthews,Giroux,Kessel,Barzal,Bailey,S tone,Labanc,Steel
    D:Klingberg,Krug,Vatanen,Letang,Girard,Liljegren
    G:Bobrovsky,Murray,Ullmark,Hart,Parsons