Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Rocky Horror Roto Show 2013/14

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by dooley89 View Post
    shit!!!!!!
    Welcome to the bigs, kid! You get really killed in the offensive cats - G, A, PPP, SOG, PPP are all showing bottom of the league - room to move for sure.
    Last edited by Shoeless; September 23, 2013 at 8:24 AM.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    Thanks Shoeless. I'm guessing that my main strengths are peripherals and goaltending, with a decent but not overly strong offense.
    Yup that's right. A little soft in the goalie ratios too, 5 and 5.5 it looks like.
    Last edited by Shoeless; September 23, 2013 at 8:24 AM.

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
    Yup that's right. A little soft in the goalie ratios 5 and 5.5 it looks like.
    Interesting, as they're predicted to be 2.36/2.38 and .919/.916 respectively.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    Interesting, as they're predicted to be 2.36/2.38 and .919/.916 respectively.
    Yeah that's why you have to take this projection with a grain of salt - I show you at 2.5 and .915. I remember that I manually input 2 bench goalies and 35% game utilization for your bench goalies, so maybe that skewed things. Neuvie and Ramo both would be pulling down those stats for you.

The Wolverine

Yeah that's why you have to take this projection with a grain of salt - I show you at 2.5 and .915. I remember that I manually input 2 bench goalies and 35% game utilization for your bench goalies, so maybe that skewed things. Neuvie and Ramo both would be pulling down those stats for you.
    Ah yes I forgot you mentioned that so it makes more sense now. Let's hope I can do a decent job spot starting Ramo and Neuvirth then!

It's interesting to see the snapshot regardless, thanks and appreciate the work you put into it. Just over a week to go until the fun begins.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

shit!!!!!!
    Actually you are not that bad off - I remember what happened - you dropped Selanne which ended up leaving a blank at one RW position for you in the calculations - seems to me there wasn't a replacement player on your bench in FHG so I just cruised on through. That will make a difference for you. I see where you can gain 2 full points in PPP - in the other cats you are still too far off the pace to move up even with an average RW in that slot.

Actually you are not that bad off - I remember what happened - you dropped Selanne which ended up leaving a blank at one RW position for you in the calculations - seems to me there wasn't a replacement player on your bench in FHG so I just cruised on through. That will make a difference for you. I see where you can gain 2 full points in PPP - in the other cats you are still too far off the pace to move up even with an average RW in that slot.
    I very easily realised AFTER the draft I had no one that could really get points! Would Bernier and Luongo only posting 9 wins each last season greatly affect the quick projections you did? Looks like I am banking on having a team full of 'breakout of the year' finalists!

Regardless I am looking forward to adjusting and figuring out how the league really works this season - Ill try not to make it too easy for the big dogs to run away with categories via my lack of goals lol
    Last edited by dooley89; September 23, 2013 at 9:10 AM.
    Yahoo 12 Team H2H
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, HIT
    W/ GAA, SV%, SHO

C: McDavid, Suzuki
    LW: Tkachuk, Schwartz
    RW: Seguin, Bratt, Necas
    D: Josi, Letang, Rielly, Theodore, Chabot
    G: Hart, Knight, Hill
    IR: Murray

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I very easily realised AFTER the draft I had no one that could really get points! Would Bernier and Luongo only posting 9 wins each last season greatly affect the quick projections you did? Looks like I am banking on having a team full of 'breakout of the year' finalists!

Regardless I am looking forward to adjusting and figuring out how the league really works this season - Ill try not to make it too easy for the big dogs to run away with categories via my lack of goals lol
    No actually you are well placed for wins and saves - Budaj and to some extent Pavelec are sucking you down in the ratios. I think your goal tending is alright. You are living on an offensive desert though.

No actually you are well placed for wins and saves - Budaj and to some extent Pavelec are sucking you down in the ratios. I think your goal tending is alright. You are living on an offensive desert though.
    shit, i guess you learn eh?
    WELL - i am open to trading lol
    Yahoo 12 Team H2H
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, HIT
    W/ GAA, SV%, SHO

C: McDavid, Suzuki
    LW: Tkachuk, Schwartz
    RW: Seguin, Bratt, Necas
    D: Josi, Letang, Rielly, Theodore, Chabot
    G: Hart, Knight, Hill
    IR: Murray

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Dead last!
    Woohoo... go Pengwin! LOL.

Thanks for doing this Shoeless [REP].
    I love projections/predictions, right wrong, no matter. I just love 'em.

Good luck with that first place finish!
    From what I remember from last year's "Witches Cauldron"... it wuddn't anything close to the final standings.

In ROTO, my recipe for success is as follows:
    40% draft
    40% strategy
    20% luck

I'm operating on a 0/20 for luck right now.

The thing I love about ROTO is the single-category micro-management.
    And as horrorfan may (accurately) self-dub himself the "King of the Auto-Drafts", I shall dub myself "The King of Micromanagement Strategy".

If I can chase somebody down in a category, it... will... be... done.
    (You should see me "Billy Hamilton-ing" my way to a baseball ROTO championship right now: just ask horrofan. Cat chasing = Roto Skill.)

Dobber Sports Demi-God

You know I was trying to remember last year's pre-season forecast and can't and also couldn't find the thread. The first year the projections were eerily correct even right down to the scores for the top 4 teams.

But yeah, Pengwin - the draft is a chunk of it, but far, far from over - as you say, chasing down positions in cats is fun and definitely doable.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Search >> Advanced Search >> "Witch Cauldron"
    One thread:
    http://forums.dobbersports.com/showt...auldron&page=9

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Search >> Advanced Search >> "Witch Cauldron"
    One thread:
    http://forums.dobbersports.com/showt...auldron&page=9
    Yeah the only prediction very close was Ogie. So there ya go, just so much chaff in the wind.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

You know, one thing I did spot is that you are projected to win hits with about a 300 margin on the next guy and many, many more on others in the league. You can sure afford to swap out some of that for offense and still maintain your standing there. Winning by 1 and winning by 300 produce the same roto score.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Goodness... my team really doesn't look too good in categories.
    Well... if I'm last in pretty much all of GAA/SV%/W/SV... maybe I just start one goalie, pray for a great game (Elliott vs. Nashville?) and punt the W/SV categories.
    Won't be enough for first, but maybe I can salvage a top three finish!!! LOL.

Is Vokoun a lock to be out for a long time... or could he be back in a month or two?