Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Rocky Horror Roto Show 2013/14

The Wolverine

Default Rocky Horror Roto Show 2013/14

It's back - the third year of the Rocky Horror Roto Show. Here are the settings this season:

Yahoo, one-year roto, daily lineups
    No max moves/82 games max per position
    G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,SOG,FOW,HIT,BLK,W,GAA,SV,SV%
    3C,3L,3R,5D,2G,5BN,2IR

The draft will take place on Saturday, September 21st at 7pm EST.

The draft order has been pre-determined by a randomiser site and here are the results below. Some team names may change and will update when required:

1. Pavelnormal Activity (Pengwin7)
    2. Recchident Evil (temek)
    3. A.Niityville Horrors (Shoeless)
    4. Nightmare on Helm St (Nehithaw)
    5. Skinner & Silent Bob (smack)
    6. Phaneufenstein (kluu)
    7. Dead and Fleuried (dooley89)
    8. Drag Me To Hellberg (NoWayOut)
    9. Ogie Ogre-thorpe (Chili Con Carne) - DEFENDING CHAMP
    10. Silence of the Stams (dyzfunctioned)
    11. House of 1000 Corvos (4T2)
    12. I Smid On Your Grave (horrorfan)
    13. Nosferatuukka (Fast Tony DeNiro)
    14. Army of Subbans (Jammin1390)

I look forward to using this thread as a basis of many discussions. We'll post the draft results for all to praise and ridicule. However, main league issues are to remain on the league board.
    Last edited by horrorfan; September 22, 2013 at 5:19 AM. Reason: Team name update

Dobber Sports Wizard

I'm terrible at coming up with team names, finally came up with Nosferatuuka. Decent name? Stupid? The Exorcism of Dany Heatley was in the running but was too long.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Tony DeNiro View Post
    I'm terrible at coming up with team names, finally came up with Nosferatuuka. Decent name? Stupid? The Exorcism of Dany Heatley was in the running but was too long.
    I like it. Especially as my team name in the Dobber Entry league last year was Nosferatootoo.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

1st pick... woohoo!
    I think this is the very first time I've ever had the #1 pick in a fantasy hockey league... so... "Pen" me in for taking Sidney Crosby. [Seriously, he'll be my pick]

I just got back from vacation so I'll go check in on recent league threads and reply.

Dobber Sports Stud

9th, hmmmmmm....I guess my decision will be largely made for me.

FTD - I like the name too.

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    1st pick... woohoo!
    I think this is the very first time I've ever had the #1 pick in a fantasy hockey league... so... "Pen" me in for taking Sidney Crosby. [Seriously, he'll be my pick]

I just got back from vacation so I'll go check in on recent league threads and reply.
    A Flyers fan taking Crosby - that must hurt.

I think I can remember only one league where I've had the first pick, and it was an autodraft.

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by Chili con Carne View Post
    9th, hmmmmmm....I guess my decision will be largely made for me.

FTD - I like the name too.
    I think I had the 9th pick last year, and had a tough decision with whom to take. Based on my early round picks' production, I made the wrong choice.

Now with being the 12th pick it seems like another tricky one. Those of you above me may determine what I do. But I'm starting to get a feel for my strategy regardless of who goes above me. Though I'm sure it will keep changing and will have fallback options.
    Last edited by horrorfan; September 12, 2013 at 4:20 AM.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    A Flyers fan taking Crosby - that must hurt.

I think I can remember only one league where I've had the first pick, and it was an autodraft.

LOL. It does hurt a bit.
    I'm a hockey fan more than a "team fan"... and constantly wow-ed by Crosby (regardless of him being an effin Penguin).

Giroux as C/RW, would be an awesome pick at #5/#6... if I was there.
    I think I picked 6th last year in RHRS (Tavares) and just missed Giroux at #5.

10th-12th is a tough range.
    In the (4) Dobber Entry leagues and (2) Dobber Pro leagues last year... the top eight picks were the same guys (Crosby, Malkin, Stamkos, Giroux, Ovechkin, Lundqvist, Rinne, Quick). The #9 pick was all over the map: Tavares, James Neal, Corey Perry, Patrick Sharp!

I'd say it will be similar case this year, with a consistent top NINE (Tavares IN, Rask IN, Rinne OUT).

I see 6 elite forwards (Crosby, Malkin, Stamkos, Ovechkin, Tavares, Giroux) and 3 elite goalies (Lundqvist, Rask, Quick).

At pick #10... I think it gets dicey...

The Wolverine

I dare you to use Crosby in your team name.

Yep - especially as we (10-12) have to consider who could be taken by the time it comes around again, given the many possible options there.
    Last edited by horrorfan; September 9, 2013 at 4:51 PM.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    LOL. It does hurt a bit.

I see 6 elite forwards (Crosby, Malkin, Stamkos, Ovechkin, Tavares, Giroux) and 3 elite goalies (Lundqvist, Rask, Quick).

At pick #10... I think it gets dicey...
    Wholeheartedly agree with the top nine - I am quite happy to know I will get one of these with the #9 pick. I see Rinne, Hall, P. Kane, St. Louis, Toews going next (not necessarily in that order).

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by Chili con Carne View Post
    Wholeheartedly agree with the top nine - I am quite happy to know I will get one of these with the #9 pick. I see Rinne, Hall, P. Kane, St. Louis, Toews going next (not necessarily in that order).
    Yep and I could even see a few more added to that list. This is where one's strategy will come into it e.g. BPA, position, goalies etc. A lot of options.

The Wolverine

I've edited the original post confirming the draft date.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Ya I'm a little bummed getting the 13th pick, don't think I've ever drafted that low. Gonna definitely need to think hard on this pick.

By the way, just wanted to say thanks for the invite HF, and I'm looking forward to playing with you guys this year. It's been a couple seasons since I did a one year league, but I really wanted to get back into it. We'll see how it goes haha.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Tony DeNiro View Post
    Ya I'm a little bummed getting the 13th pick, don't think I've ever drafted that low. Gonna definitely need to think hard on this pick.

By the way, just wanted to say thanks for the invite HF, and I'm looking forward to playing with you guys this year. It's been a couple seasons since I did a one year league, but I really wanted to get back into it. We'll see how it goes haha.
    I'll be keeping an eye on you muahaha!

Glad you could join us and hopefully you'll enjoy it. I'm looking forward to the draft already.

Finally came up with a name!!!!

"Dead and Fleuried" I think its a winner haha!?

Yahoo 12 Team H2H
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, HIT
    W/ GAA, SV%, SHO

C: McDavid, Suzuki
    LW: Tkachuk, Schwartz
    RW: Seguin, Bratt, Necas
    D: Josi, Letang, Rielly, Theodore, Chabot
    G: Hart, Knight, Hill
    IR: Murray