Thread: Pavalec or Schnieder? #3 Part Time Goalie

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Pavalec or Schnieder? #3 Part Time Goalie

I'm currently rolling with Rinne and Crawford.

We start 2 tenders. Clearly these 2 are my guys.

I picked up Pavalec recently as my 3rd Goalie to keep (only really need to keep 2, but have an option to keep 3 with 1 of our utility spots).

My question... While it is quite likely that Pavalec will out perform Schneider this year given the fact Schneider is officially the #2 behind Brodeur and Pavy is one of the biggest work horses in the game, still, I'm only starting my 3rd tender on off days (Rinne/Crawford).

This year is an expansion year to now is the time to stash a 3rd tender (not mush left for the poor expansion guy).

For my 3rd Goalie Keeper, who do you want now? Next year?

Not sure Schnieder GM will move him, but given the fact Schneider is his #2 behind Lundy and all the rest are back ups (Lehner, Neurvirth) or unemployed (Theodore)...now is a good time to try and pry Schneider away...so long as he's eventually as attractive in NJ as he was supposed to be in Van?

Help me out nation!

Dobber Sports Giant

id rather Schneider. id bet he gets more starts than marty this year. as a number 3 goalie youd be doing well with either though.
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO

Dobber Sports Monster

I want Pavelec over Schneider. I know it's not the most popular decision, but I like Pavs quite a bit. I like Winnipeg to be better than NJ this year and probably next year as well. Just as New Jersey will get better, so is Winnipeg.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

For this year, as was said, i think both would be a solid #3. Pavelec will get the starts and should see a ton of rubber so this year, I think he'd be the one I'd go with.

Long term, Schneider I think is the better goalie overall.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

If Schneider is the better goalie over all...is now the best time to go after him? I mean this guy has 1 starter...and while Lundy is great...ESH. I on the others and can spot start pavs or Schneider ...none will start over Crawford or Rinne.

Just seeing if this is a good lightning in a bottle move.

Banned

I bet by this time next year, Schneider is a borderline top 5 goaltending option.
    NJ always gets snubbed and undervalued - they are the equivalent of Phoenix in the East. Except... Schneider is a FAR more skilled goalie than anything Phoenix has ever seen.
    Now is most definitely the time to be buying Schneider -like KR said, I think Schneider will start quite a few more games than Marty this year.

Dobber Sports Ace

I'm thinking the same thing, good time to go after Schneider this year. Is Marty signed for just this year or for 2 yrs. Thanks
    12 team, H2H points, limited keepers
    allowed 6 keeper players(PLAYER DRAFTED IN RDS 1-8 NOT ABLE TO BE KEEPER)
    Daily starts

16 man roster plus 1 IR
    start 6 forwards,4 d, 2 goalies

pts: G=3, A=2, DA=3, DG=5, +/-=1 GWG=1, OTG=2, OTA=1, PPG=2, PPA=1, SHG=3, SHA=1, HT=3, SHOOTOUT GOAL=1
    BLKS=.25, HITS=.25, MAJ=2

Goalie pts: WINS=5, SAVES=.20, GA=-1, SO=3
    SHOG SAVE=.50, SHOL=2

forwards: M.TKACHUK(k),MARCHAND(k),SCHEIFELE(k)
    BENN, GAUDREAU*, COUTURIER*
    d: M.RIELLY(k), JOSI*, MCAVOY*, ELLIS
    goalies :TALBOT* DEMKO MAF
    (k)=keeper
    *= no keeper eligibility
    bencH: KOPITAR* R. GRAVES ROBERTSON KREJCI
    IR E.PETTERSSON(k)

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by pmkidd View Post
    I'm thinking the same thing, good time to go after Schneider this year. Is Marty signed for just this year or for 2 yrs. Thanks
    Pretty sure Marty signed a 2 year deal last year...so this should be his final season.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

So, short of Shakedown, seems everyone would consider moving Pavelec for Schneider given my circumstances immediately, with chances for greater pay off down the road?