Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Nurse, Morrisey or Pulock?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Thanks everyone. I took Pulock in the 2nd round and Nurse fell to me in the 3rd (32nd overall). I took Shinkaruk in the 1st. Overall I'm pretty happy with my draft. Forward prospects are thin, but Barrie, Pulock and Nurse make for a strong D.
    14 team, $50M cap
    Stats Counted: G(1), A(1), +/-(.25), GWG(1), SHG(1), Major PIM(2), W(2), SO(5), SOG(.25)
    ($-Yrs), x = option
    F: Matthews (0.5x4x) Laine (0.5x4x) Forsberg (6.7x2) Granlund (2Mx1), Kuznetsov (5.1x1), Stone (4.25x2), Couture (3.1x1x),
    E. Staal (2.2x1), Duchene (3.5x3), Neal (2x1), Marchessault (1.0x3), Gallagher (0.65x3)

D: Burns (4.3x1x), Pietrangelo (4.7x1x), Jones (0.5x2x), Yandle (2.2x2), Schmidt (0.5x1x), Severson (1.2x2)

G: Vasilevsky (0.5x2x), Schneider (0.8x1), Jarry (0.5x1)

Farm (yrs)-

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by CNFBC View Post
    Thanks everyone. I took Pulock in the 2nd round and Nurse fell to me in the 3rd (32nd overall). I took Shinkaruk in the 1st. Overall I'm pretty happy with my draft. Forward prospects are thin, but Barrie, Pulock and Nurse make for a strong D.
    That's a nice haul
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by CNFBC View Post
    Wow, that worked out great for you!

Just a small note about Morrissey, for anyone interested. I wouldn't be surprised if he managed to make the team as early as next season. He's looked better than a number of NHL-ready defensemen in camp (Postma, Redmond, Pardy, White and probably more consistent than Trouba). He'll get sent back down, but only because it'll serve him best to get the ice-time. I think he could probably play this year (not that he should). He is a crazy slick skater, and he's composed and smart with the puck. The only thing he lacks is size, but he's very solid on his skates.

This isn't to comment on him in relation to the other two guys mentioned (those two are certainly in better roster situations), but just a heads up on what I've seen from Morrissey so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakkster View Post
    I've seen too many scouting reports about Nurse saying that he doesn't have a lot of offensive potential.
    I've seen the same scouting reports and heard how nurse can't score yet he has 15 point in 12 games this year. For note, he has 2 PP goals already and he had a total of 2 all of last year. He is on the number 1 PP for SSM and this was not the case last year, yet he still had 41 PTs. I believe Nurse will be the best defensemen from this draft, fantasy and real world, in the long-term.
    20 team keeper
    G=1.7 A=1
    Def G=2.5 A=1.5
    Hits, BS, SOG, +/-= .1
    maj (+1) SHPTs (+1)

Centers: T. Hertl/R.N.H/P. Zacha/W. Karlsson/J. Kotkaniemi/T. Zegras
    Wings: A. Burakovsky/A. Mantha/R. Rickell/A. Duclair/
    Defense: J. Drysdale/O.E.L/R. Pulock/D. Fabbro/J. Schultz/M. Ferraro
    Goalies: R. Lehner
    Prospects: R. Damiani/A. Raty/R. Suzuki/R. Amirov/N. Chibrikov/J. Perreault/A. Volkov/D. Farrance/F. Gustavsson/L. Dostal

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ptaylorgoon View Post
    I've seen the same scouting reports and heard how nurse can't score yet he has 15 point in 12 games this year. For note, he has 2 PP goals already and he had a total of 2 all of last year. He is on the number 1 PP for SSM and this was not the case last year, yet he still had 41 PTs. I believe Nurse will be the best defensemen from this draft, fantasy and real world, in the long-term.
    Seth Jones....

Yeah, I think he has more upside than Seth jones as well.
    20 team keeper
    G=1.7 A=1
    Def G=2.5 A=1.5
    Hits, BS, SOG, +/-= .1
    maj (+1) SHPTs (+1)

Prospects: R. Damiani/A. Raty/R. Suzuki/R. Amirov/N. Chibrikov/J. Perreault/A. Volkov/D. Farrance/F. Gustavsson/L. Dostal

Banned

Would you say that if Jones was on your team instead of Nurse? Explain why.

Offensively I believe nurse has more upside. He had less opportunity than Jones last year, as Jones was the number one dman on an offensively explosive Portland team. The main attraction for Jones is his def ability and while this was the take on nurse as well this seems more because of opportunity IMO. Time will tell; however, being on the predators doesn't do jones any favors as he could lead the team in scoring and do it with 35. Imagine jones playing with some of the forwards on EDM.
    20 team keeper
    G=1.7 A=1
    Def G=2.5 A=1.5
    Hits, BS, SOG, +/-= .1
    maj (+1) SHPTs (+1)