Thread: Stewart for Bobrovski?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Stewart for Bobrovski?

I have Rask and Dubnyk as my two goaltenders, and I'm looking to get Bobrovski as my number 2.

I'd be giving Chris Stewart, Nabokov and Giordano/Hamonic. Of those names, I think I'd only keep Stewart.

Should I pull the thrigger? It's a 14 teams league, so I think I'd have a pretty good goalie trio. Also, it's an auction draft, and all of my G would be under market value.

The Great One

Would help if you posted a signature containing your league details. Adding you team would be even better.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

You're giving up some decent players, but it seems like a good deal for you. What are your options in the FA pool?

I'm not a huge Bobrovsky believer, but you aren't giving up much, so I say do it. Stewart has been hot and cold, Nabby is aging and facing competition. I would prefer to include Giordano over Hamonic in the deal, as Hamonic has higher upside, especially in multi-cat.
    12 team, yahoo H2H Daily starts, keep 10
    G,A,+/-,Hits,PPP,SHP,SOG. W,SV%,SV,GAA,SHO
    2C,2LW,2RW,1Util,4D,2G
    C-RNH,
    LW-Benn,Kane, Drouin
    RW-Kessel,Ovechkin, Simmonds
    D-
    G-Lundqvist, Howard Gibson

Quote Originally Posted by mr_long1990 View Post
    You're giving up some decent players, but it seems like a good deal for you. What are your options in the FA pool?
    Quick, Crawford...it's gonna be an auction draft. Bobrovsky is at 10$, Crawford and Quick will be over 30$. That's why I figured getting Bobrovski at that price would be a good deal.

Rask
    Bobrovski
    Dubnyk

In a 14 teams league, I think it would be good.

The Great One

It's still difficult to evaluate without knowing your league details.

Bobrovski isn't projected to do much more than Dubnyk this year, looking at Dobber numbers.

So if you are giving up players that would count in your top scoring categories, for a marginal upgrade in your back up keeper, I'm not sure I'd recommend it.

Again, very difficult to say anything without knowing your league details and current team.

I'll just leave it at that, since it appears you want to do this deal regardless.

Good luck! I hope Bob has a monster year, I picked him up on my 2012 expansion team.

Dobber Sports Veteran

I would definitely do this deal. You'd be getting a good #2 goalie and I'm not high on Stewart's inconsistency.