Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Anderson Smith or Bobrosky as a second goalie

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Anderson Smith or Bobrosky as a second goalie

I am keeping quick and will need to draft a goalie. The top three in the draft are Anderson Smith and Bobrosky. Wins Gaa sv% So who do u like and why? Roto Pool start 2 goalies daily starts

Thanks
    Year 18 keeper pool. 10 GM roto pool. Keep 2 Centers, 3 Wings,3 Defence,1 Goalie,1 extra. and Prospects up to 5 years after drafted if not activated.
    G, A ,PPG, PPA, Shots, Hits, Blocks, SHP,W, GAA, Sv%, SO ( goals and assist are worth 1.5 points) (shp worth .5)

Centers: S Aho, J.T Miller

Wings: M.Tkachuk, A.Svechnikov, Fiala, Giroux

Defence: Josi,Makar,Chychrun

Goalie: Georgiev

(IR)

Farm: Byfield, Byram, Mercer, Lundkvist Frost, Boldy, Comtois, Fabbro, Nemec , Barlow, Carlsson, Dvorsky,

2015 & 2016 BPKL CHAMPS!

Dobber Sports Deity

I think I would roll with Mike Smith. He plays in a solid defensive system and he will work his butt off to impress the staff for Team Canada.

I don't trust Craig Anderson to stay healthy and I am still a skeptic in Bobrovsky. I need to see more then one year from him before I will start buying into that hype.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Mike Smith may be motivated, but I have a feeling PHX is going to struggle for a playoff spot again this year. Esp in the new division. They may start well enough, but that's it.

Ottawa's making the playoffs, period. Don't know if Anderson can keep it up, but if so he'll be making a bunch o' starts on a team that plays hard and will get wins.

Bob's the dark horse, only because Columbus is still on the rise. I don't think you'll fear taking him, but could be one of those 'hit or sort-of-miss' scenarios.

I'd go:

Anderson
    Bobrovsky (I'm a risk-taker)
    Smith

The Great One

Back to back games: Phoenix (12); Ottawa (16); Columbus (17). Advantage to Mike Smith.

Quality of back-ups: Greiss (PHO) & Lehner (OTT); McElhinney. McE is the worst of the group. Advantage to Bobrovski.

Quality of Competition (Goals for Rank of Opponents): Phoenix (16th); Ottawa (3rd); Columbus (2nd). Strong advantage: Mike Smith.

Dobber predictions: Bob (33W, 4SO); Anderson (33W, 5SO); Smith (31W, 3SO). Slight advantage Anderson.

I suppose I should pick Mike Smith. But I just can't...because everything tells me Ottawa will be better this year and Anderson will be a big part of it. I'd go with Anderson.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    Back to back games: Phoenix (12); Ottawa (16); Columbus (17). Advantage to Mike Smith.

Quality of back-ups: Greiss (PHO) & Lehner (OTT); McElhinney. McE is the worst of the group. Advantage to Bobrovski.

Quality of Competition (Goals for Rank of Opponents): Phoenix (16th); Ottawa (3rd); Columbus (2nd). Strong advantage: Mike Smith.

Dobber predictions: Bob (33W, 4SO); Anderson (33W, 5SO); Smith (31W, 3SO). Slight advantage Anderson.

I suppose I should pick Mike Smith. But I just can't...because everything tells me Ottawa will be better this year and Anderson will be a big part of it. I'd go with Anderson.
    I;m curious why Anderson has an advantage in "Dobber predictions". Those really don't matter.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    I;m curious why Anderson has an advantage in "Dobber predictions". Those really don't matter.
    Because I assume a person would take Dobber's opinion over mine, that's why! lol

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    Because I assume a person would take Dobber's opinion over mine, that's why! lol
    I don't think so. If somebody wanted his opinion they can just buy the guide. One man's projections aren't gospel.

Dobber Sports Pro

I have dobber guide. But I was looking for other ideas.
    Year 18 keeper pool. 10 GM roto pool. Keep 2 Centers, 3 Wings,3 Defence,1 Goalie,1 extra. and Prospects up to 5 years after drafted if not activated.
    G, A ,PPG, PPA, Shots, Hits, Blocks, SHP,W, GAA, Sv%, SO ( goals and assist are worth 1.5 points) (shp worth .5)

Centers: S Aho, J.T Miller

Wings: M.Tkachuk, A.Svechnikov, Fiala, Giroux

Defence: Josi,Makar,Chychrun

Goalie: Georgiev

(IR)

Farm: Byfield, Byram, Mercer, Lundkvist Frost, Boldy, Comtois, Fabbro, Nemec , Barlow, Carlsson, Dvorsky,

2015 & 2016 BPKL CHAMPS!

Dobber Sports Pro

Honestly, I think you have to go with Bobrovsky here. He's the reigning Vezina trophy winner. Yes, before last season Bobrovsky was the least proven...
    Seems like most people/pundits have the least faith in Bobrovsky this season...but nobody expected him to do what he did last season, either.

I'd go with Bobrovsky.
    Last edited by The Hockey Hitman; September 1, 2013 at 8:16 PM.

Dobber Sports Deity

This quote right here from the Dobber guide is exactly why I am skeptical of Bobrovsky dupicating his vezina season:

Sergei Bobrovsky could be in for a bit of a rude awakening. He faced the 22nd best offenses last season and parlayed that into a Vezina trophy. This year, he will be facing the second toughest competition in terms of goal scored per game.
    You can take that for what its worth, but I prefer Smith or Anderson over Bobrovsky. As I said earlier, I my recommendation is Smith as I think he has more to prove this year and I still think the defensive system in Phx is solid. Anderson plays for a better team but with a stud backup like Lehner scratching for playing time and his inability to stay healthy, I prefer Mike Smith here.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    This quote right here from the Dobber guide is exactly why I am skeptical of Bobrovsky dupicating his vezina season:

You can take that for what its worth, but I prefer Smith or Anderson over Bobrovsky. As I said earlier, I my recommendation is Smith as I think he has more to prove this year and I still think the defensive system in Phx is solid. Anderson plays for a better team but with a stud backup like Lehner scratching for playing time and his inability to stay healthy, I prefer Mike Smith here.
    As proven by all other fantasy sports, strenght of schedule means absolutely nothing during the off-season. Teams change, young players get better, older players get slower, there are surprises, sleepers, busts, etc.

I'd go with Bobrovosky. I've never seen less faith for a goaltender that won the most recent Vezina trophy. Sure, he never proved anything before his great season but his numbers were astounding.

If you don't believe in Bob, I'd go Anderson and then Smith. Ottawa is going to be a force this year so even if Anderson loses some starts to Lehner, he'll get more wins than Smith.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by niconasr View Post
    As proven by all other fantasy sports, strenght of schedule means absolutely nothing during the off-season. Teams change, young players get better, older players get slower, there are surprises, sleepers, busts, etc.

I'd go with Bobrovosky. I've never seen less faith for a goaltender that won the most recent Vezina trophy. Sure, he never proved anything before his great season but his numbers were astounding.

If you don't believe in Bob, I'd go Anderson and then Smith. Ottawa is going to be a force this year so even if Anderson loses some starts to Lehner, he'll get more wins than Smith.
    Well the thing is that we are discussing the guy who won the Vezina vs the guy who would have won easily if he didn't get hurt. Valid arguments for both sides and Smith who I value less than both.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I feel you should go with Bob. I'm not completely sold on Smith (there are also news that Greiss will get more playing time than in SJS), and Lehner is pushing Anderson for minutes. There are no competition in CBJ and, although I don't think he'll produce the same numbers in a more offensive Eastern Conference, I do like how the team is coming along and believe they will be decent.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I would go with Smith. Solid defensive team so GAA and SV% should be good. Should be able to get high 20's in wins. Bobrovsky is moving from the lowest scoring division to one consists of Crosby, Malkin, Ovi, Nash, Neal, ext.... Vezina repeat or even coming close should be difficult.
    10 Team Weekly Roto Keeper League (keep 5)
    G, A, SOG, + -, PIM, Hit, PPP, SHP, BLKS, W, GAA, SV %
    Start (2) C, LW, RW , (2) G, (4) D and (1) UTIL

C - Seguin, Trocheck C, RW, Backstrom, Couture, R. Strome
    LW - Pastrnak LW, RW, E. Kane,
    RW - Ovechkin LW, RW, Wheeler, Kassian
    D - Karlsson, Trouba, Pietrangelo, Yandle, Gostisbehere, Byfuglien
    G - Hellebuyck, Halak, Koskinen

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Anderson for sure, not close.

Proven and the best goalie of those three.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."