Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: new Kadri offer

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default new Kadri offer

ok so i have a new offer on the table of Zetterberg and Soderberg for Kadri changed from the last offer of 9th overall pick and Soderberg. I realize Zetts is on the downside of his career while Kadri's young but like his place with Datsyuk.

While i like this deal better concerned how Nyqvist's may affect Zetts place in the lineup , does he maintain the 1st line wing? I know Nyquvist is a center but possible thay switch him to wing with Datsyuk?

thanks for your help , BTW my team is reigning champ in the league so feeling Zetts will help with a repeat more so than Kadri.

HTH Keeper League with standard stats 16 teams

Dobber Sports Stud

Zetterberg > kadri.

Simple as that
    14 team Fantrax H2H keeper league
    G, A, P, SOG, Hits, Blocks, FOW, - W, Gaa, Sv%, Svs

C - Crosby, Tavares, Kopitar, Toews
    LW - Hall, Giroux(C), Vrana, Gaudreau
    RW - Pastrnak, Kane, Stamkos(C), Kubalik
    D - Burns, Murphy, Morrisey, Cernak, Whitecloud, Chiarot
    G - Mrazek, Campbell, Brossoit, Greiss
    Bench - Middlestat, Wennberg, Perron, Olofsson, Schwartz, Atkinson, Yama

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

You're probably overthinking the Nyquist taking ice-time angle. Zetterberg will be solid this year again and won't lose much if any time to Nyquist. If you can get that deal then take it.
    20 team H2H Fantrax Cap Dynasty
    2018/2018 Cap=90 mil
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, PIM, SOG, FO%, HIT, BLK, TOI/G
    W, GAA, SV%, SV, SHO
    3C/LW/RW, 6D, 2Sk, 2G

C: Backstrom, Bergeron, Eichel
    L: Benn, Rakell, Coleman, Goldobin, Weal, B. McGinn
    R: Pavelski, Radulov, Panik, B. Tanev, D. Ryan
    D: Burns, Josi, Weber, Ellis, Manson, Forbort, Stecher, Weegar
    G: Talbot, Elliott
    Farm: Harkins, Hayden, Kampf, Highmore, Dickinson, Bjork, Motte, Foegele, Rychel, Kossila, Poturalski, Graves, Bear, Nielsen, Timmins, Ozhiganov, McKeown, Gillies, Boyle, Brossoit, Ellis, Rittich

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by golfguy1672 View Post
    Zetterberg > kadri.

Simple as that
    What he said. You can only hope for Kadri to reach Zett's level. Also you are going for it so that is another reason to do the trade.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by golfguy1672 View Post
    Zetterberg > kadri.

Simple as that
    I concur...do you concur? I concur

Dobber Sports Pro

Grab Zetterberg and get away while you still can.

The Great One

Does your opposing GM have a drug problem? (Or is he a Leafs fan that might as well be on drugs?) Just curious...

Dobber Sports Veteran

While I agree that Zetterberg is the better player right now, I don't think he's enough better that you should do the deal. Kadri is 10 years younger than Zetterberg. That's 10 extra years in your league that you would have another star player on your team. Kadri could easily find himself on a like with Kessel soon enough and who knows how much Zetterberg will regress as he moves through his mid 30s. I would not do this deal.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default thanks guys

took the deal as i was suprised he offered up Zetterberg but as Mattp pointed out the 10 yrs younger Kadri was tough to give up. But Zetts still got some quality years left and Soderberg swayed my mind even more.

his motive for the deal was to get younger and rebuild as he just lost Kovulchuk.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Mattp913 View Post
    While I agree that Zetterberg is the better player right now, I don't think he's enough better that you should do the deal. Kadri is 10 years younger than Zetterberg. That's 10 extra years in your league that you would have another star player on your team. Kadri could easily find himself on a like with Kessel soon enough and who knows how much Zetterberg will regress as he moves through his mid 30s. I would not do this deal.
    Nobody should be trying to strategize their fantasy team's ten years in advance. I asked you before in another thread why you look that far in advance...I've never heard of that before. It just seems like a very poor concept at best.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by The Hockey Hitman View Post
    Nobody should be trying to strategize their fantasy team's ten years in advance. I asked you before in another thread why you look that far in advance...I've never heard of that before. It just seems like a very poor concept at best.
    If 2 players are similar, would you rathe have one for a shorter amount of time or a longer amount of time? Or are you indifferent because you are only ever thinking short term? (i don't intend that to be condescending, I'm actually asking)

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by grendel View Post
    I concur...do you concur? I concur
    Why didn't I concur!?

But seriously, take this deal.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Mattp913 View Post
    If 2 players are similar, would you rathe have one for a shorter amount of time or a longer amount of time? Or are you indifferent because you are only ever thinking short term? (i don't intend that to be condescending, I'm actually asking)
    Obviously, there's a variety of factors that come into play when evaluating such a decision. Just in general in any keeper league, I'm not looking further ahead than three, possibly four years tops in the future. Too much changes too fast. And most of the time in league's where I'm a playoff contender, I'm not looking more than one season in advance...at most two. There are instances where acquiring the younger player for the aging vet can be a beneficial move to your fantasy team long-term. Absolutely. But you deal with a lot of this stuff on a case by case basis. In this instance an unproven player like Kadri versus a sure-fire producer like Zetterberg...I wouldn't feel comfortable making the move in most fantasy formats. Zetterberg still has at least four more solid seasons of production in him, I'd say 65-70+ point seasons at least...and I wouldn't say with any significant level of confidence Kadri will be able to produce numbers like that over the same span of time. Now Kadri could go on to prove me wrong, absolutely.

At the end of the day for me it's about winning league titles..and or prize money. From my experiences, to build a winning team and a consistently winning team for that matter, you have to adapt and evolve, and that's where I've had a big part of my success in my leagues over the years.
    Last edited by The Hockey Hitman; August 29, 2013 at 1:22 AM.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by The Hockey Hitman View Post
    Obviously, there's a variety of factors that come into play when evaluating such a decision. Just in general in any keeper league, I'm not looking further ahead than three, possibly four years tops in the future. Too much changes too fast. And most of the time in league's where I'm a playoff contender, I'm not looking more than one season in advance...at most two. There are instances where acquiring the younger player for the aging vet can be a beneficial move to your fantasy team long-term. Absolutely. But you deal with a lot of this stuff on a case by case basis. In this instance an unproven player like Kadri versus a sure-fire producer like Zetterberg...I wouldn't feel comfortable making the move in most fantasy formats. Zetterberg still has at least four more solid seasons of production in him, I'd say 65-70+ point seasons at least...and I wouldn't say with any significant level of confidence Kadri will be able to produce numbers like that over the same span of time. Now Kadri could go on to prove me wrong, absolutely.

At the end of the day for me it's about winning league titles..and or prize money. From my experiences, to build a winning team and a consistently winning team for that matter, you have to adapt and evolve, and that's where I've had a big part of my success in my leagues over the years.
    I guess where we differ is that I think Kadri is capable of putting up the 65+ points most seasons. Yeah he may have some regression from last year, but he is only 22 and playing in the league longer is only going to help him gain experience to play better. In 3 years Kadri will be just entering his prime at 26 and Zetterberg will be 36 and will likely have declining point totals and trade value each year after. In between there, Zetterberg may help you slightly more but not enough to give up that long term asset IMO.

Dobber Sports Padawan

And what happens if your league folds? Or 1-2 of your players get concussions and you can't compete? I feel planning that far in advance could lead to too much uncertainty. Like hitman said, 3-4 years is plenty far already. Zetts is still going to be very productive.