Dobber Sports Novice

Default Eriksson, Green, Voracek

I have to pick 1 player to keep out of these 3

Loui Eriksson
    Mike Green
    Jakub Voracek

Thoughts?

Dobber Sports Immortal

Asking this kind of question for a one year league makes me have to ask what your league set up is? Cats and roster positions.....

Dobber Sports Novice

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Asking this kind of question for a one year league makes me have to ask what your league set up is? Cats and roster positions.....
    Sorry you're right. Standard Yahoo 12 team head to head league. g,a,+/-,PIM,ppp,h,bs,sog,fow

Roster - 2 c, 2 lw, 2 rw, 4 d, 2 g, 4 Bn

Dobber Sports Immortal

I like Voracek here. The others are tempting, but Eriksson has probably plateaued (at great numbers) and I just always find there are so many good D options available. Green is no longer elite.

Dobber Sports Veteran

While I really like Voracek... depending on how many start and who you have I might take the gamble on Green... he finished quite well.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Green is very tempting Dmen with his upside don't grow on trees but I have more confidence in Voracek. Riding shotgun with Giroux and Lecav this year could have its perks too. I take Voracek here
    13 team Roto keeper league 12 F, 6D, 2G, G,A,+/-, PIMS, Hits, TOI(D), GAA, SV%, (Forwards are forwards, no distinction between L,R,C)

F) Ovechkin, Stamkos, Kunitz, Parise, Byfuglien, Backstrom, Little, Gaudreau, Hudler, Brassard, Girgensons, Nelson
    D) S. Weber, Phaneuf, Subban, Carlson, Josi, Vatanen
    G) Rask, Jones

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I want to say Voracek here too...HOWEVER...ESP in a 1 year league...How long will Giroux be a non factor in the wake of this injury? If he misses any of the first part of the season...how long will it take before Voracek and Giroux find that ole chemistry.

essentially...is Voracek able to float on his own until Giroux returns to form? (this is a bit of a selfish question...)

Dobber Sports Wizard

How does your roster look at the wing position? Any other keepers there?

In a vacuum I'm leaning towards Green. Starting 4 D vs. 6 total forwards means defense has value in your league and Green showed last year he can still be elite. He led all d-men in goals while only playing 35 games, he was at a 28 goal pace over 82 games.

The "35 games" is the problem with Green though. Hopefully he can stay healthy, if he gives you even 70 games I feel like he'll be the most valuable of these 3.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Novice

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Tony DeNiro View Post
    How does your roster look at the wing position? Any other keepers there?

In a vacuum I'm leaning towards Green. Starting 4 D vs. 6 total forwards means defense has value in your league and Green showed last year he can still be elite. He led all d-men in goals while only playing 35 games, he was at a 28 goal pace over 82 games.

The "35 games" is the problem with Green though. Hopefully he can stay healthy, if he gives you even 70 games I feel like he'll be the most valuable of these 3.
    The way we run our league is that everybody is allowed to keep 1 player they drafted from rounds 4-15, so I only get the 1 keeper and the rest of my team is blank.

Dobber Sports Star

Keeper league I'd take Voracek, one year you gotta go with Green.

He led the NHL in D goals last year and if he comes even close to that production, he's a better option than Vorts IMO. Who are your other three D for comparison? If you have Karlsson, Letang and Buff, then maybe a different story...
    20 Team Dynasty League - POINTS ONLY (Champion - 2017, 2016, 2015)

Goalie: W (3.5) SO (4) L (-1)
    Daily starts: 9 Fwd, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Guentzel Tkachuk Larkin
    Couture Palmieri Zucker
    Wilson Beauvillier Labanc
    Leivo Joseph Sprong

Barrie Morrissey Montour
    Butcher Murray Bayreuther

Fleury
    Domingue

Dobber Sports Novice

Quote Originally Posted by loco man View Post
    Keeper league I'd take Voracek, one year you gotta go with Green.

He led the NHL in D goals last year and if he comes even close to that production, he's a better option than Vorts IMO. Who are your other three D for comparison? If you have Karlsson, Letang and Buff, then maybe a different story...
    No other D, rest of team is drafted from scratch

Dobber Sports Novice

Thanks for the advice guys, I actually just traded away Loui for Taylor Hall and he'll be my keeper this year.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by kctimpone View Post
    Thanks for the advice guys, I actually just traded away Loui for Taylor Hall and he'll be my keeper this year.
    Uh... jeez.
    Awesome trade.
    Awe.some.

Dobber Sports Novice

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Uh... jeez.
    Awesome trade.
    Awe.some.
    The guy who I traded him to is a Bruins fan so I figured I could get a bit more out of him because of it